Communication|Fast Five 10.29

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 29, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have a low IQ phone. It can have a few aps, I can be in group messges. I still leave my phone at home, plugged in 95% of the time.
    the other 5% it is on silent and I miss calls anyway
    the best way people get hold of me...seriously
    church
    I am there Sunday am, pm and Wed night.sometimes on Saturday, and if we are in REvival...then every night of the week!
    woo hoo
    lol

busywoman139 likes this.
  2. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

1. Text or Call? Text
    2. Over the Phone or in Person? in Person
    3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call? Normal phone call
    4. Cell Phone or Landline? Cell phone
    5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone (also known as Data or no data capabilities on your cellphone)? Smartphone

Bonus: Favorite Communicating App? iMessage (does that count?)

3. busywoman139

My husband would rather have a dumb phone but it was literally cheaper to have a smartphone on our cell plan...crazy but true!

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  4. busywoman139

LOL!! Totally counts!

Tree City likes this.
  5. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

1. Text or Call? Text
    2. Over the Phone or in Person? Depends on person
    3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call? Video with my daughter, everyone else normal phone call
    4. Cell Phone or Landline? Cell phone. Got rid of landline.
    5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone (also known as Data or no data capabilities on your cellphone)? Smart phone - Samsung. We have a museum exhibit in the library where I teach community college. Right now there is an exhibit about Jacob Riis and they have a flip phone on exhibit. Something I used maybe 12 years ago is now a museum piece!

jk703 likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's so awesome! I love it.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  7. bestcee

That's awesome! My son loves using Duo (Google's Facetime) with his grandparents and aunt.

This is why I show up to all my class meetings with no video! They can't see what I'm doing!

That's awesome! And totally not something I would have thought to ask!

8. bestcee

Anything counts!

Wow! That feels so quick to move to museum status. And that's pretty cool. My son plays with an old flip phone we have as his pretend phone (don't worry, no battery, can't call 911! and no charger for it)

9. bestcee

I should add, I have photos of my brother playing with it when it was actually my phone about that long ago. Now, it's just for play.

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. Text or Call? text I hate hearing my own voice recorded so I type everything.
    2. Over the Phone or in Person? in person ideally, for quick information, I will call
    3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call? normal, all the way
    4. Cell Phone or Landline? cell phone, since we got fibre we don't have a landline
    5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone? Smart, it's my camera and diary as well
    Bonus: Favorite Communicating App? Whatsapp and Messenger

bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee

What diary app do you like?

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

1. Text or Call? Text
    2. Over the Phone or in Person? With those two choices, in person. With living in the city, I have the tendency to just pop into places as I'm out walking around to ask my questions vs. call them.
    3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call? Normal phone call. I spend the whole time being self conscious on a video call.
    4. Cell Phone or Landline? Landline. The only people I regularly talk to for any length of time are my parents (MWF @8am... lol!). I always call them on our landline. If I'm being completely honest, it's so I can play on my phone while we talk :oops:
    5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone (also known as Data or no data capabilities on your cellphone)? Definitely smart phone.

Bonus: Favorite Communicating App? Snapchat. I don't love it, I actually don't even like it... but its the only way to get my daughter to answer me consistently. And there's the bonus that it's photo based, so I can screen shot for project life :giggle

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Discord works. It has a sense of humor. It does everything you'd want, I think -- group chats, subgroups, private messaging, sharing documents. My only problem is remembering to check it, since it's yet another separate app. And I haven't been receiving notifications from it even though I don't think I turned them off; I need to double check that. Also, my daughter says she can't get it to work on her phone somehow (she has an iPhone SE, while I have an iPhone 6).

bestcee likes this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

1. Text or Call? Text
    2. Over the Phone or in Person? In Person
    3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call? Normal Phone Call
    4. Cell Phone or Landline? Only have a cell phone
    5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone (also known as Data or no data capabilities on your cellphone)? Smartphone

Bonus: Favorite Communicating App? Only use FB Messenger on the computer.

FWIW, I have hearing loss in one ear that makes phone communication difficult for me. Especially with people I don't know. I even had trouble at times understanding my dad on the phone... someone I had been around for 60 years. When I found out about the hearing loss 11 years ago, it was explained to me that the good ear has to compensate for the loss in the bad ear which cannot be done easily on the phone. However, I am fine when conversing in person. I do have trouble hearing people if they are on my bad side and behind me though. And because of the hearing loss I now have tinnitus in the good ear which can be caused because that ear is doing all the work. So yeah, phone communication is not something I am fond of at all.

15. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

1. Text or Call?
    Text mostly

2. Over the Phone or in Person?
    Phone

3. Video Chat or Normal Phone Call?
    Normal

4. Cell Phone or Landline?
    Cell

5. Smartphone or "Dumb" Phone (also known as Data or no data capabilities on your cellphone)?
    Smart (except when it's trying to auto correct me) lol

Bonus: Favorite Communicating App? Text message, Facebook, and Instagram

16. bestcee

Isn't this always the case!?!? We have a friend will odd names and it still insists on autocorrecting their names to wrong words! Xan always becomes Can. Ugh!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  17. bestcee

I bet that makes written words much better! My mil mumbles, and talking to her on the phone can be a chore. I bet that is even worse for you!

18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@bestcee It's nothing fancy - the Google one.

19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yep, that's why I prefer communicating by email even back when I was working. The one part of my job that I hated was talking with people on the phone and in accounts payable that was sometimes a necessity. The last 3 months I worked were great because that was the first thing my replacement took over!

Just yesterday at the dentist the tech was talking to me and I couldn't hear her. She was about 2 feet behind me on the side of the bad ear and had her back turned. I flat out told her I couldn't hear her so she turned around, moved closer to me and repeated it. Once she did that it was fine. Face to face is fine, no need for hearing aids just yet.

bestcee likes this.
  20. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm on my third year using Day One and journaling every day! Not only is it an easy to use program available for iPhone, android, and iMac, they have great customer service, a weekly podcast, and a Facebook community. :heartlub