Coming Out of Lurkdom...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by adriablack, Oct 28, 2016.

1. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Andrea (or adriablack on most online areas). I finally decided to take the plunge and say hi. I've been lurking around and catching some of the chats for the last month or so.

I've been scrapbooking for the last 15ish years, on and off, paper and digital. I've recently decided that digital is probably easier for me to fit into my life while chasing my 3 yr old daughter around. I just turned 30 this year, and I also have two cats. I stay at home currently with my daughter and taking care of my recently disabled hubby.

Other than scrapbooking, I love art journaling and art making in general from sketching to painting to watercolor and doodles. All kinds of crazy things!

I can't wait to chat more with all of you and get to know you. It has been such a welcoming community in the experiences I have had so far!

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Yeah for coming out and introducing yourself. I'm just tickled pink that you even in your lurking tee hee see how amazing this community really is. Art journaling is my escape, and I hope you play in our current challenges too. Welcome.

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Welcome from a former lurker. This is definitely a great place to hang around. Any questions just ask. You will get lots of help.

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom! I think Digi is differently easier with a 3 year old! I look forward to seeing you around more.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I started scrapping digitally when my son was 3 as well! So much easier not to hide the cutting implements all the time!

Welcome and so glad you are enjoying it here! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome Welcome - glad you have not been put off by any of the strange spooky things going on here and were happy to come out of lurkerdom and join our digi, arty community :)

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hello Andrea, and welcome to the Lilypad!

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hi Andrea!!!!! was nice "meeting " you at the Chat!!! (Cynthia Taylor in the chat)

I shopped here for almost 3 years before I came to talk & play challenges....and fell in love with the place, the store, the community..... 4 years and counting...you couldn't have come to a better place!!!!!!
    Let us know if anything we can help you with, there is always one of us around to give a hand, everyone is so amazing!!!! (pollys, scrappers, Laura, everyone!!!)
    and hope to see you in another chat!!!

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome! Digi is so perfect when you have toddlers around!

11. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi.glad you came out of lurkdom. This is a great wkend to shop, scrap and play some games.

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to TLP Andrea! :wave Yes! When I discovered digital scrapbooking in 2004 I had a 3 year old and a baby, and within a few years (and having had one more baby) I sold most of my paper supplies (I kept some for the kids to use for crafts) and have been totally digi ever since.

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome!! So glad you decided to come out of lurkdom :) Jump right in and have some fun with us! We're happy to have you here!!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome Andrea ... we are so happy you jumped in to say hi! We are a friendly bunch ... make your self at home and let us know if you have any questions at all! :)

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Hey Andrea, welcome to the friendliest place in digiland. I too was a lurker but have made some wonderful friends since delurking. Looking forward to getting to know you x

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome Andrea! So glad to have you here!

18. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Welcome Andrea. I found The Lilypad last December so I haven't been here long. It's now my digital scrapping home! Great people here!

19. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Andrea! Welcome to the Lilypad!

20. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Welcome Andrea! You're going to love it here!!! If there's anything at all we can help you with, feel free to ask away!