Colors | Pad Patter 1/27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jan 27, 2022.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you have favorites? Do you love some, dislike others? Have colors you don't wear? Choose things based on colors?

Color is everywhere, and we all have opinions. :giggle

I don't wear yellow. Blach.
    I love black to wear. Even though black isn't a color... in my mind it is.
    My kids look great in red and bright colors. I don't. Blech. (Yellow isn't their color either).
    Hubby looks great in blue. and black.
    I look great in green and brown, but hardly wear them!
    I love my black car. I disliked my white car.
    I would love to have a bold bright crazy car color.
    I also like non-shiny colored cars.
    My favorite color is blue... and if things are to be chosen, I pick blue. Unless I have to wear it.

Edited to add - I found a color quiz,lol!
    https://thecolorofmypersonality.com/

I got Crimson... I don't particularly like Crimson as a color. BUT I like what it said. I thought I'd be Orange.

Screenshot 2022-01-27 081417.png

Your color is Crimson
    Attributes: adventurous, bold, direct

Friendliness and a love of excitement characterize people, like you, whose personality color is Crimson.

Bold, assertive, domineering, craving excitement—it’s how you live your life. You aren’t afraid to tell people exactly what you think, and you certainly don’t hold back in any aspect of your life.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    bestcee likes this.
  2. jk703

Oddly, I'm wearing Crimson today. :carryon:giggle

bestcee and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I like pretty much all colors, but I definitely prefer brighter colors as opposed to more subtle muted colors. I'd say my two favorites are pink and blue. My clothes will agree with that statement too. I also love to wear black because it's so much more flattering. :giggle

I definitely get more excited about scrapbooking kits that are in the brighter range of colors too and I struggle to use fall kits because they are my favorite colors and usually I'm scrapping fall in the dead of winter or springtime, so that messes me up too. Lol.

AJK and jk703 like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ok... that is just funny! :rofl

bestcee and jk703 like this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Interesting quiz. I got green. Screenshot_20220127-083410_Chrome.jpg

I do like most of what it says about being calm and peaceful. It's pretty much on point.

My fave colors are purple even though I don't wear it and I like blues of all hues. Black and grey and brown are also good. Mostly I wear black grey blues sometimes there's a pink or red thrown in. Lol

jk703 likes this.
  6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've always been drawn to jewel tones. I look horrible in pastels for they make me look even more pale than I already am. Does anyone remember back in the 80s/90s when "getting your colors done" was a big thing? Well, it told me I should always wear pastels. Right.

My favorite colors are in the wine/burgundy/aubergine/purple family. You can throw in some blue accents for good measure but I typically steer away from blues, unless it's navy. My car is a sparkly wine color and I love it! My old car was a forest green Honda Odyssey and I hated it. I thought it was so boring!

I've also decided that life's too short to be wearing boring clothes, so I'm starting to have lots of fun with clothes lately. I do 99% of my clothes shopping in thrift stores, so I don't feel bad about spending money on something I only wear a few times. When I'm done with it I clean it up and donate it back!

AJK and jk703 like this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m drawn to more bright colours or jewel tones and black when it comes to real life in clothes and accessories and the same could be said for colours of scrapping kits too. I hardly have anything that is brown, grey, orange, murkier yellows and greens.

After doing the colour psychology test my results were interesting to say the least. It’s true to a degree but I probably have a bit more ability to be flexible than a true “blue”.

Your color is Blue
    Attributes: dependable, practical, directive

Dependability is a key feature that characterizes people, like you, whose personality color is blue.

Blues tend to be rule-following, dependable, long-enduring, and tenacious. You make sacrifices in order to rise up the ranks in the world. You put in the extra hours in the office. You always fill out your taxes and pay your bills on time.

You have a plan that you stick to. You never stand people up and are always timely. Most importantly, you’re there for your loved ones when they need you most. You lend an ear, do favors, and don’t disappoint. You don’t cheat and try to be 100% honest in all aspects of life. You value honesty above all.

You might miss out on fun once and a while, due to your discipline. But in your mind, it’s worth it in the long-run. One night of partying isn’t worth not being at your best for work in the morning. You like routines and outlines, things that maintain structure. Organization is key to the way you operate; it’s what makes you staunch, loyal, and trustworthy

jk703 likes this.
  8. jk703

I love reading about you guys! lol! I'm nosey!

AJK likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Do you have favorites? Green. My office is painted green and my car is a Kia Soul that's Alien Green II
    Do you love some, dislike others? Not a huge fan of orange or blue
    Have colors you don't wear? I wear a LOT of black, but I've started adding some more colorful things in the mix lately
    Choose things based on colors? Yes

16ef44929c43c6e8f29e4ce2e08603ab.jpg

Amazing-Quotes-on-Black-Colour-13-1024x1024.png

MYCOLOR_GREEN_1.jpg

MYCOLOR_GREEN.jpg

jk703 likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I do wear yellow sometimes, the right color looks good on me, the wrong one makes me look sallow. There aren't many colors that I avoid in clothes except orange. My husband rocks it, but it is not good on me. I prefer purples, reds, light pinks blues, green, and light grey, although black and dark grey are prominent too.

Our car is red - I love it! Sharon's is grey - blah.
    I like my grey couch with the white walls, but we could use a pop of color in the living room.

If we are choosing game pieces, I'm not too picky. Usually I pick the brighter colors- red, yellow, orange. My Google calendar color is dark purple, Nick's orange, and Munchkin green. I like how they look together.

That color quiz was fun!

Your color is Purple (I do like to wear it!)
    Attributes: creative, expressive, emotive

Creativity is the dominant element that characterizes people, like you, whose personality color is purple.

As a Purple, you are a creative thinker: thoughtful, reflective, maybe even a little quirky. Convention does not influence you. You are a problem solver, but take the road less traveled. You value art and other creative ventures. You’re very expressive verbally, physically, and in the work that you do. Life is whimsical; you leave your options open. Philosophy is important to you, as is existential thinking and maybe even a bit of nihilism.

You take great pride in the culturally diverse life you live, and the knowledge and respect that you have for all things in the realm of eclectic art. You have a wellspring of creative energy that you channel into productive artistic activity, including travel. You’re skilled with your hands and a true artisan at heart. Some people may criticize your fringy lifestyle, but you are unapologetic.

jk703 likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I took the quizz and I am orange.
    Oddly my favourite scrapbooking colours are teal and orange.
    I don't wear orange, red, yellow and green. But love black, navy, pinks and purples.

jk703 likes this.
  12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Color Me Beautiful! Had my colors done as well in the mid 80's. I went in to my appointment thinking I was a "spring" since I had looked at the book my cousin had gotten when she had her colors done. Turns out I wasn't. I was a "winter". My best colors. Black, Navy Blue, Emerald Green, Magenta, Fuchsia, Royal Purple, Blue-Red. To this day I wear a lot of black, purple or scarlet red (lots of Ohio State clothes!). All my sweat pants are black or grey.

At the time I had the appointment, I was working in an office and you didn't wear pants to work. I wore a lot of polyester suits and one of them was brown which is a horrible color on me. When I asked about that, she said to make my blouse the focal point... wear black, true red, white, taupe or icy yellow. That brown suit with black or red blouse was actually a great look. Would have never thought that! To this day when I dress up, I tend to go with jewel tone colors. I've had to go to so many funerals in the last 10 years that I have a go to outfit for spring, fall and winter. Black pants, Black mock turtle neck (it's always cold in the funeral home) and a purple jacket. Add a silver necklace to complete the look.

My favorite color is purple. My winter coat is purple. I once had a purple phone and I even bought a computer that was purple once. My "book of me" CM albums are purple. My current car is Kalamata (purple). Going to miss it when the new one comes in (no purple available). Getting Seaglass Blue. Never been a fan of black cars.

Edit to add I took the quiz and came up with green. But, I really wasn't able to answer some questions as to what I would really do. I don't drink, no option to choose that. We don't even have Uber where I live! And so many questions were related to those who work and live in cities. In other words, I really couldn't answer any thing honestly!

QuiltyMom and jk703 like this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

That statement (about life and clothes) is what motivated me to begin three years ago to start designing my clothes - some, not all!- starting with fabric dyeing and surface design all the way to the last stitch! :D
    I tried to do the quiz, but so many of the questions/answers were not relevant to me at all so... I tried to complete it knowing that there was a great discrepancy. :giggle I got " Crimson" but I am definitely not into "sleek" stuffs.
    Turquoise has been my favorite color the past several years. I love jewel tones.:heartlub
    Favorite color for clothing? Navy or green. Just bought a navy Fedora! Husband says Salmon is my color for clothes. I'm ok with it if it isn't pastel. I detest pastel anything, lol! Go bold or go naked, hahahaa :wave
    My skin tone is very dark for a Caucasian. You wouldn't know that unless you tried different things on me. Remember Merle Norman? Well, my skin tone is the one right below the first one for African American.LOL So certain colors just don't jive with me.
    In Home Decor, bold also is better. I don't like purple at all. I do like "eggplant' or burgundy/wine.
    I love yellow as a color, but don't wear it. ha. It's such a happy color. Speaking of happy colors, when we were deep in Mexico, I asked why the houses were painted they way they are. The reply was "Well, of course you know, these are the happy colors"!
    :D

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yes!! That's the name. I couldn't remember. I never had it officially done, but a friend who did people's colors unofficially did mine, and we were both shocked when I was all pastels. I'm thinking they've changed their color swatches a bit because it's not that way anymore. I'm so pale, with blonde (now grey/blonde) hair, so the pastels made me look like a ghost!

15. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When I looked at the book again in the last 10 years, something stood out to me. I've always had dark hair and with the cool skin tone, that is primarily what made me a winter. In the book under the section on hair for winters it says: "Of all the seasons, Winter is most likely to gray prematurely, and she often grays attractively." If I hadn't colored my hair for many years, I would have been gray in my 30's! And, when I finally did stop coloring when my hair stopped taking the color and I had a reaction to the perm, and let the gray come in I had so many compliments on my gray hair. A lot of people actually told me that it made me look younger!

The lady that did it had this huge swatches of fabric in each color that she draped around my shoulders. She pretty much focused on the winter palette for me right away just from looking at my hair and skin tone. My hair was my natural color at the time as well. It was well worth the $25 I spent to do it (a lot of money at that time!) That session drove my wardrobe choices from then on and when I looked good, I felt good.

16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I took the quiz even though some of the questions were not easy to answer for me.
    The results was... ORANGE

Not sure about being "optimistic" ? My husband would say I am the opposite!

17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

My results say "Green". I'm really not a fan of green. It does describe a lot of me though.

Total % Results of All Participants
    44%of resultsare green

Your color is Green
    Attributes: peaceful, serene, accommodating

Peacefulness and tranquility characterize people, like you, whose personality color is green.

As a Green, you are known for your chill vibes, and your body is rarely consumed with anxiety. Chores, work, and even exercise is easier when you are well rested and relaxed. Your life is centered around achieving maximum comfort, whether it’s investing in luxuries like massage chairs and water beds or meditating and productively removing stress from your body.

You’re a deep sleeper and everything is better when it can be done from the comfort of your bed. Confrontation is not a part of your lifestyle. You prefer when issues resolve themselves or require minimal input and stress on your part.

Accommodation is where you thrive—allowing others to achieve their peace without interrupting yours. Your chillness and cool, calm, collected way of composing yourself is attractive to a lot of people, but also means that you don’t take some things seriously that deserve uninterrupted attention.

18. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I did the quiz and got green. Strange, because it describes green as being peaceful, calm and rarely have anxiety but I'm the opposite! I have anxiety and worry a lot. But I do like to keep the peace and accommodate to other people's needs.

As for my favourite colour to wear, I love pastels especially soft pink. I look good in warm tones like green and dark brown, which are my favourite colours for headscarves. I avoid wearing blue, especially pastel blue because it makes me look 'off'.

19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

The quiz said I was an orange. I guess so.

My favorite color was purple when I was young, then my younger brother and sister decided that purple was their favorite. So about middle-school I switched to orange because no one else had that as a favorite. Orange continued to be a favorite until my early 30's when I finally realized my favorite color could be what I wanted. No idea why it took me that long to figure that one out. So purple it is!!

My house colors are shades of browns and greens. I really love chocolate brown. My paint color in the library is "peanut butter". Although I do have a lavender blue in my bedroom.

I look best in jewel tones (I am a Fall). I love oranges, pumpkin, reds, browns, olive greens, golden yellows - and purple!! My only pastel is off-white. I hate "dusty" colors - remember those from the 80's? I love bold colors. My only blue is teal. My purples go from lavender to almost fuchsia to eggplant to maroon to almost black - but no mauve (the dusty purple).

I love patterns and prints but when I look in my closet I rarely see any. I tend to wear solids a lot.

I dislike pink and grey.

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Green is my favorite color. I love it when spring comes and I see green things popping up. You'll find a lot of green in my house: curtains, plants, blankets, green in rugs. I actually like bright pops of color in my home. I have a lot of gold/yellow, pink, green.

When it comes to clothes I'm boring. Grey and black are my preferred colors. My older girls make fun of me and tell me my closet is boring.

Our cars are white and grey. But we don't choose our cars by color...we choose them by how good of a deal we can get. LOL. If I could choose I would probably choose a dark green.

I was green on the quiz!