***CLOSED/Winner Announced*** Clean Slate Challenge - DYD 2018

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by tkradtke, Nov 14, 2018.

1. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

2. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

My oldest daughter's first Christmas Cover page (she's now 10)
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  3. DisneyMom

Azure's 1st Christmas - Tree page
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  4. DisneyMom

Bowling Christmas Party 2008
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  5. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

6. DisneyMom

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

This is the perfect challenge for me!! I still have half of my 2015 album to finish! I had just finished reviewing the pages I have left and the photos I have for them before I found this thread!

tkradtke and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm going to try to finish 2017 then start on 2018...
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  9. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

Problem 1 Christmas photos start the day after Thanksgiving because we always do something Chrismasy with the kiddos. Problem 2 I have 293 photos from last year starting with the day after Thanksgiving and ending on New Year's Day with another Christmas get together. I will not be using all of my pictures but that still leaves a lot. I am the keeper of memories so everyone sends me the pictures they took and then I add them to mine. Also, I made all of my Christmas cards last year, a bunch of ornaments, and a lot of gifts to I have pictures of all of that stuff too.

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have this same issue as well, we watch our first Christmas movie of the year on Thanksgiving night. This is why I don't actually call my project anything that has to do with December. Mine is just "The Stories of Christmas 20xx". I wanted something I could be consistent with and use each year, but still gave me the flexibility to change up how I did the project if I wanted to.

293 photos? That's a great problem to have! :-) But definitely overwhelming. Pocket pages are a great way to get all of those photos scrapped right away. If you want to, do a more traditionally scrapped intro page for each event and then put the rest of the photos into pockets. There are so many cute pocket cards in the store that could be used for bits of journaling or just filler.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Can't wait to see your pages!

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

13. rdjrneace

14. rdjrneace

15. rdjrneace

16. tkradtke

Ok... so the other day I decided to look back on my very first attempt at DYD... Christmas 2013. I had started out strong and fizzled out mid-month. I had two things working against me... 1) I was set on having a daily approach and even named my project December Daily, so when I missed a day or two, I thought I had messed the whole thing up. 2) I had picked one set of templates to work with for the month and they didn't really work for those days when I just had one marginal cell phone photo to work with. A third, more minor thing contributed to my demise as well... I was not getting my single and double page spreads to work out right. So, I quit and left it for five years.

So today, on my way out the front door on our way to church, I slipped on the ice and fell the entire way down our front stairs. I'm fine, just sore and bruised, but it gave me a day to just put my feet up and scrap. I decided that I would tackle this project and complete it. I was basically through the 16th, I could do this. Thankfully I took a very simple, graphic approach that year, so it was easy to pick up where I left off. I decided to use Soco's new templates for those one photo layouts and used Just Jaimee's new Christmas Hand Lettering set as my filler. Anyway, I am DONE!!! It's so crazy how five years ago I was so caught up on those things I listed above, that I couldn't see past them to finish my book. Anyway, here's my book... Christmas 2013. It's all TLP products past or present, but I was doing so many pages today that I didn't post any of the new ones in the gallery.

Tree City likes this.
  17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@tkradtke so happy you finished, so sorry you fell (but glad you're okay)!

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I haven't had a chance to do much actual scrapping this weekend because I've been tracking down the layouts that I'd already done for my DYD 2016 project. It would have been so much easier if all the layouts were in the DYD 2016 project folder. Instead there were layouts scattered here and there in at least 3 other project folders. I tracked the layouts down in my gallery but then had to search for them on my computer. Now that I think I have them all in the right place, I should be able to figure out what pages still need to be done.

19. tkradtke

Thanks! I'm going to be quite colorful for Thanksgiving :-)

Tree City likes this.
  20. tkradtke

Oh! I hate it when I do that! I haven't done it with DYD, but I did with a trip album... I worked on pages during MOC and for the monthly challenges and instead of putting them in one trip folder, I had them scattered in various MOC and challenge folders...sigh.

Glad you got them tracked down!!