*CLOSED* Winner announced* BYOC Challenge (voting started!)

Discussion in 'iNSD 2015 Party Pad' started by norton94, Apr 30, 2015.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Isn't this mood board by Salted Ink fun?

Whoo hoo! It's time for iNSD and I get to fill in and host my favorite challenge of all... the color palette contest for an upcoming BYOC!

• This will be for the August 2015 BYOC - so think late summer
    • Post a mood board or color palette in this thread
    • You can submit up to three
    • Challenge closes at 11 am EST on Tuesday, May 5th
    • PRIZE: the entry with the winning palette will receive the whole August 2015 BYOC when it is released!!!

The TLP Designers and Pollys will be voting for their favorite color themes of those submitted. Since the voting is usually very close, it takes about a week to narrow the submissions down to the top three, and then a second vote is done to get from the final three to the winning BYOC palette for August! I will announce the winner and winning palette as soon as possible, which usually takes about two weeks.

Helpful hints:

1) It really helps to have a palette with a larger number of colors, so keep that in mind when putting together your palette. You can use sites such as Design Seeds as a starting place, but they will seldom fit the needs of a whole BYOC theme when there are only 5 colors.

2) If you need a little help getting your creative juices flowing, TLP has a board dedicated to "Inspiration :: Mood Boards & Color Palettes" which is chock full of ideas to spark your creativity!

3) Another place to see what we mean about mood boards is the Salted Ink website (where I found the board above) - on the portfolio page there are 20+ concept ideas with colors/mood/branding.

4) Advertising or magazines are great inspiration too!

5) Now go do something unique with your ideas! Change it up and make it your own...

I can't wait to see what you all submit, it's always so inspirational and soooo hard to pick my favorites, much less the winning palette!

Update:
    The winner of the BYOC challenge is SanVHM with this entry!! Congratulations to you and to all of the contributors. This was really hard to judge, and we ended up with a tie after the second round of voting. All the palettes were beautiful! Thanks for playing!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

:woot This is Bart's favourite challenge, too (other than the one where everyone has to kiss him! :giggle) :woot

[​IMG]

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

kissed a frog

4. pepper56

pepper56 CT - OLB

Hi Krista, how do we participate, does making a mood board via pinterest count? Do I have to follow the color palette? Do i have to design a layout like yours above for my mood board? Thank you!

5. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Hi Pepper:) You will post an image (or grouping like above) that gives the colors and mood you'd like to see in the August BYOC. You pick the colors you want. The image above is simply an example. Check out some of the links I gave above for additional examples. You can accumulate the colors and feel you want from multiple sites, ads, and photos - OR - you can post a single photo. I will say that it helps if you are using a single photo, if you pull some of the colors out and create a palette showing the colors you'd suggest. Hope that helps

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Copper-Teal-Boho
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  8. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I love seeing all the results from this one.
    [​IMG]

9. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

Kissed the frog!

10. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

This is fun! I am finding a bunch of cool pictures! This may be a dumb question, but how do we make the little squares/circles of the palettes?

11. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I arranged all the pictures on a blank canvas in PS, then used the eyedropper a bunch of times to pick a color I liked and then make a shape of that color.

12. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thanks Lorry! I couldn't figure it out. :)

13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

14. dotcomkari

15. dotcomkari

16. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Sea-Rustic-Modern
    [​IMG]

17. SanVHM

SanVHM Pluk de dag!

Bright-Happy-Summer
    [​IMG]

18. gybogi

gybogi Giddiyup!

19. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I love all these palettes ^^ This is the first time I've made one, so much fun!
    Mine is inspired by late summer blooms and berries here in the UK :) and late summer holidays!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  20. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

I'm no good at mood boards etc, but I just want to say I love this one. I would love to shop this look! Great job, San!