*CLOSED* TLP Artist Trading Card Swap 004 (June)

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenevang, Jun 1, 2015.

1. emileem

emileem Active Member

OH MY! I haven't been around as I went to Disney the first week of June and have been running around like a crazy person since then and I almost missed the boat!

PLEASE COUNT ME IN! Got my happy mail from last month today and I love it all! I'll send my own cards, Jen

ETA: I just noticed the instructions say to label the back of your card ATC 003 instead of 004 ;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Got You! And thanks for catching the copy/paste error, hehe...

3. jenevang

OK, guys! We are closed for this month! And we have 18 participants :woot

So that is 2 pages of cards exactly. How fun!

You can start sending them to me any time. Again, if you are new and need my Snail Mail Address, just PM me and I'll shoot it to you!

If you need the Staples info, you can find it here... https://app.box.com/s/tufvhziqqdsjislebck3qtl9m9vw9g4e
    (don't forget to print on 110 lb cardstock and print TWO pages)

I am so excited to be getting art from you guys again and for the 1st time from some new ATC friends! I'm totally addicted.

Send 'em on, Ladies! As soon as I've received everyone's cards, I'll turn them around. You have until Monday the 29th to get them in the mail or to Staples. Thanks! YAY.

4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Haven't forgotten, Jen. I'll get it done ASAP.

5. jenevang

WOOT! Got the 1st set of cards. Go, Marilyn :woot

Love them SO MUCH!

6. renee82

renee82 renee82

Canadian girls who sent to Staples in the U.S., when you created a Staples account, did you make a Canadian account or American account?

7. SissySparrows_Jules

SissySparrows_Jules New Member

Jen.... I'm way behind this month.... will try and get mine done today and sent to staples!

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I was thinking I still had lots of time. Lol. Whoooops!

9. jenevang

No worries! The official date to get them off to me is not until Monday anyway, but as long as they are on their way sometime next week, we are good :).

10. klee73010

I have my first one done, but I wanted to do more. Lol. If I can't, oh well. :D

11. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Sent to staples today and I did some screen shots for Renee - let me know if anyone else is confused on changing the store to Jen's.
    Jen I will be sending yo my receipt. Probably ready for pickup tomorrow.

12. emileem

emileem Active Member

sending mine today--not sure if I love it, but no time for stressing in the summer, so it's off!

13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks Jen, I did want them out before we left for our vacation. There was no way they were going to get done if I waited until I got back. Anyway, we had a great, relaxing trip, no internet, no phones, no newspaper, no laptop, no tablet.

Marilyn

14. klee73010

Just sent mine to staples, too. :)

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have mine done, they just need to be cut up and stuck in the envelope. They will go out today. I have to say Marilyn... that I went out and bought that brochure paper you recommended and it is fantastic! SOOOO much better than the plain cardstock I was printing on! Thanks for the great tip! Just thought I'd share here too in case anyone else wanted to try some new paper.

[​IMG]

16. jenevang

Oh, new paper. I love paper. I'll have to check it out, too. I print TONS of stuff on cardstock.

Why is it better? (Enable me, LOL)

17. Karen

It just feels rich and is smoother. Plus the colors didn't get all washed out and the crispness of everything is amazing! It makes me want to reprint the first few of my ATCs!!

18. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks Karen, I'm so glad you liked the paper. I have tried various brands over the years (since 2006), but I seem to stick with the HP matte presentation paper (double side).

Jen, since it actually is photo paper, colors really are more vivid. I even prefer it over glossy photo paper, but you'd have to make that determination yourself. The price isn't too bad, and often there are sales where you can get 2 boxes for the price of one. I have a brother who buys the paper for me as a Christmas gift, and he always gets it on sale. :-) Plus if you are daring enough, you can print on both sides of it, although I tend to only print on 1 side with my layouts. I believe it also comes in different weights, although I buy 48#. For my ATCs, I glue it to recycled Kleenex boxes that I've trimmed to 2.5 x 3.5. :thumbsups

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Great tip. I hope I can find it in Staples Canada.

20. Karen

Amazon has it too, but it was a lot more expensive. I just re-printed all of my first three ATC cards and they are SOOOO much prettier! I kind of want to reprint them to send out to everyone else too! Lol!

By the way Jen, mine cards went in the mail yesterday before the mailman came, so they are officially on their way to you. :)