**CLOSED**Slow Scrap Chat Wednesday 7/14 @ 3:00PM EDT

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by cfile, Jul 14, 2021.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thank you to all who come to the 3:00 PM EDT Slow Scrap chat and to everyone who participates in the Slow Scrap!!

Today's Slow Scrap you will have until 4PM EDT Thursday 7/15 to complete your page. All those that complete their page according to the instructions will recieve a prize.

Gallery rules:
    Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery under Speed Scraps and in this thread. Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed. [Page must be a new page in order to count.]

Instructions:
    This week 2 of Summer School Art classes focus’ on Masking, Blending and Seamless Blending. Our page for the Slow Scrap can use any or none of those methods however there are stipulations. (Tutorials )

1-Create an Art Journal page
    2-Must be photoless
    3-Must contain a Quote
    4-You CANNOT use any paint whatsover.

You can use any papers you wish, but you cannot add any paint. You can blend papers, you can mask, you can use brushes but they cannot be used as paint. (example you can use brushes to mask out/erase areas of your papers / elements for blending).

Use as much ephemera as you wish
    Your quote can be in a font or alpha or a mixed format.

*please indicate the papers you are using so I can just verify that no paint was added for the slow scrap ;) *

Here is my page:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the chat and scrap!
    [​IMG]

G.J., garrynkim and cfile like this.
  3. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I blended two papers together for my BG, Circus Papers 1 and Circus Papers 9 everything else is elements from the bundle
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  4. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used Rebecca's Knox paper. Woman is from Graphics Fairy.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here's mine!
    [​IMG]
    Question: The flower's center was a dark green. Is there any way to make it white and still keep the texture? Thanks in advance! I settled with the gray but it's fuzzy and I don't love it but I'm not sure what to do. Maybe this would be a good technique for @FarrahJobling to cover in LEAP if I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to do this?

G.J., cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

What program and method did you use to recolor?

cfile likes this.
  7. umyesh

I use Gimp. At first I created a duplicate layer and filled it with a color but they were all too dark. To get this gray I adjusted the brightness/contrast.

G.J. and cfile like this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hmmm.... I'm not sure how to do it in gimp.

I found this tutorial with a quick google search but that won't help you with gimp.

PSE doesn't have the black and white adjustment layer option like photoshop does and I don't remember how to do it in PSE, but know it's possible, it's just not as easy.

G.J., cfile and umyesh like this.
  9. umyesh

Thank you! I’ll check it out. I can usually figure out Photoshop tutorials in Gimp.

G.J. and cfile like this.
  10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

So Sorry! I Missed The Chat! Today!...I Planned On Attending!...I Got Busy!...& Totally Forgot!!!...Duh!...But I Really Wanted To Create A Page Just The Same...Now Since I Missed The Chat Perhaps I'm Missing Some Of The Details...It Doesn't Say Here That We Cannot Use Scatter Or Thread?...But Since I Wasn't Sure...I Nixed The Threads & Just Stuck With 1 Scatter Used Twice!...Other Than That...I Followed The Rules Exactly...NO PAINT!!!...[My Poor Heart!!!...]...Photoless & A Quote!!!...I Used 2 Papers Blended Together Plus 1 Journal Card Used Twice...Also Blended Into The Papers...Thanks Christa For The Slow Scrap...Let Me Know About The Scatter...

*For My Just Bee You Layout-I Used :

*Mixed Media Monthly-June 2021-Different Doesn't Mean Wrong-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynn Grieveson/Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-June 2021-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

FYI : I Specifically Used :

*Little Butterfly Wings Add-On : Like I Stated Above : Paper 02/Paper 03 : Blended Together...And Journal Card 01 [Used Twice Blended In] To The Papers As Well

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  11. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the chat and scrap.. I blended a paper from Lynn Grieveson and Rachel Jeffries.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Sorry I missed the chat. DH took me out to run some errands (lunch included) and by the time we got back home, the chat was over.

I did not do any paper blending. However I blended my quote into the page to make it something other than stark white. I used: M3 Main Kit May 2021. Paper is lbw_M3_May21_pp02

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    The background paper is from Rachel and has some paint on it.
    My butterfly stamps are elements and not used as paint.

cfile likes this.
  14. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I hope this is what you are describing. I use a Distressed paper by Any Wolf, and papers from NBK Design's Art Cruches 8, 9. & 10 The brushes I used were free ones from Brusheezy, except for a couple of NBK Designs.[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

I can show you that re the question. I would first convert to B/W then use a hue adjustment and then a level adjustment to brighten. Here is the screen shots in PS & PSE. Hope it helps Monica!
    PS:
    Green to white.JPG
    PSE:
    Green to white PSE.JPG

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    umyesh and keepscrappin like this.
  16. cfile

I posted above for PS & PSE.. didn't realize Monica was using Gimp and I am clueless unless there is a level adjust in Gimp.

17. cfile

Monica I posted to you 2 screen shots of PS & PSE for changing to white.. don't know if GIMP has a level adjustment but after a conversion to black and white I would use a level adjustment to brighten to white.

@FarrahJobling is there something you would do differently?

umyesh likes this.
  18. cfile

The b/w adjustment layer in PSE is under Enhance and then you go to Convert to Black & white :) It took me a little bit to find it too Kayla :) Thanks for stepping in to help while I was off line :) Hugs!

19. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Thank you Christa

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  20. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

cfile likes this.