CLOSED-Monthly Muse February 2017 - Get Skinny! week-4 FINAL

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Here is mine. I really loved doing this, I squinted because I had trouble deciding cool or warm, since I had used orange and paint , But when you squint, the dominant colour of the first 3 is light, very light, so warm it is.... contrast is the word cool mirror. The fhoto of Nemla really is black and white lol . Thank you @AnneofAlamo I am already looking forward to November 1.
    [​IMG]

2. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

I think I followed the rules - I had alot of fun with this @AnneofAlamo - thanks for a fab challenge!
    [​IMG]

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. Not sure if it is the least bit cohesive... But I had great fun putting it all together. A big thanks to @AnneofAlamo for the inspiration and to @Scrapping with Liz for the template. :-)

[​IMG]

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Okay my Purple/Yellow are already across from each other.... Black to match the first one? Already over thinking! LOL
    [​IMG]

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Barbara @Sokee my first thought was that bit of turquoise in it? or the black..lol, you already flipped the colors, you must have felt it coming the cooling process! lol

6. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

All done! The only change I would make is a different paper for my Spring Skinny. Otherwise I am happy! Thank you for the great challenge! I love that it was in four parts. I love that I had to fit into "skinny" parameters. I loved the whole process!
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and mcurtt like this.
  7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

A really challenging fourth week...
    Turquoise and ochre/orange are already more or less opposite, so I went with blue as the other skinnies were more or the warm side.

"cool" = in the quote
    b/w photo = of the bow tie
    opposite element = the orange paint, but I did cheat and use the golden bow tie - how could I not? It fit so perfectly!!!

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thank you for the inspiration Anne! I did like practicing art journaling in small spaces over the month. I think I'd rather have more space though -- and I'm not sure my strips came together as cohesively as I'd have liked -- so I'm ready to move on to full page art journaling! :D
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Hugs and Kisses all around!!! I completed it! LOL
    my photo I used the Style-Visibility-Ghosted
    Thank you so much for this CHALLENGE Anne!! I was a really fun process doing it week by week. And it was a CHALLENGE to work in the narrow space!
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and Rikki like this.
  10. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

photo B&W, word cool, chose solid & blue as my unused, red element as my opposite and added journaling since I'd done none
    This was absolutely a workout! Thank you so much, I'd never have thought to do this and it's perfect for those quicky, just wanna play, not much to say, etc times.
    I had no idea where it was going and was therefore free to just play on each strip.
    Now that they are all together, I like my result...crazy quilt, looks like my brain (scattered and not at all coordinated while being quite coordinated and making sense), lol.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    mcurtt and Rikki like this.
  11. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Finished

Here is my page. I used a sunflower photo ( I tried to make it black and white and did not like it so please accept that choose to keep it colour) and picked bright colours for the page and the butter fly in the muted cool colours.

[​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  12. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

[​IMG]
    I can explain... If you watched me progress with this challenge, you'd notice I am bad at following the rules. I would go further, I am a habitual rule breaker, and now, to top it off I moved the last strip into the 3d week's position. It just didn't work on the far right. I know we were supposed to flex the muscles, but then again, you haven't seem me exercise... I flex my arms by lifting spoons of ice-cream to my mouth and all. :) In the evening it might be even the glass of Prossecco. I tried to challenge myself further with this challenge as I picked the theme with four parts of my own: Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue... With this last (3 from the left) challenge I borrowed an idea for the photo, then the idea of using the first letters of journaling to spell a word, borrowed in turn from Anne: COOL. Love you, Anne @AnneofAlamo These challenges are amazing. TY

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    mcurtt likes this.
  13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

14. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

wow! 29 already completed! I am lovin' this!

mcurtt likes this.
  15. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

So many fabulous layouts. Not sure mine is too cohesive or true AJ but it was great fun doing. Got to use Rich's cool photo of my snow doll he took one morning when it was spotlighted by the sun. Thanks Anne for the challenges. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    JenniferJ and mcurtt like this.
  16. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

The fourth skinny is a cool scheme with a warm star.

[​IMG]

17. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

@AnneofAlamo I've had a blast with this challenge! I think I'll do another one, just for the fun of it!
    [​IMG]

18. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

i thought the first three were cooliish soi went with orange, thank you for puushing me to practice new things[​IMG]

19. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Used green for my cool color and purple for opposite color element. I converted a photo of my shadow to B&W.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  20. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

here is mine
    [​IMG]
    Ack - I just realized I left out the photograph part - oops - off I go

flowersgal likes this.