Check your Bank Account Daily

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nativescrapper, Nov 16, 2011.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Yesterday morning our bank card was stolen. More like the numbers. We live in Arizona and the person who used our cards was in Hinesville, GA Then went to several gas stations and Mcdonalds and just went crazy on our card number. We only have one card and we have it with us. So Im not sure how the thief or thieves did this but it was awful.
    I ended up closing/freezing our account. Ordered another new card number and hopefully it will be here in a couple of days. Had to do a police report and fill out a ton of paper work for the bank and it just exhausted me yesterday.

So just keep a eye out on your money. There are thieves out there that rather just steal other people hard work earnings. Just dont want that to happen to you.

Be Safe.
    Cheryl

2. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

So sorry, Cheryl! How terrible. Hope that you get it all sorted out. We had that happen to a friend. The number was stolen by some kind of device put in a gas pump (where you slide your card.)

3. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Wow Cheryl! That's awful! So glad you guys figured it out so quickly though!!! Thanks for the warning ;)
    :hug

4. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I'm so sorry Cheryl, I hope you get your money back asap!

5. nativescrapper

THe bank gave us all our money back, just a few minutes ago..yah! but now i just have to wait for the police to catch the bad people.

6. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

7. jenny

jenny jenny

Sorry you went through this Cheryl. Last year I used my card at a corner store and the debit machine recorded my bank info and PIN. It was then sold to someone who produces phony cards and used to withdraw a large chunk of money through 2 separate ABMs. The bank eventually flagged the behaviour as suspicious 2 days later and contacted us. They were really good with guiding us through what we needed to do, but it was still a pain in the butt. And irked me to no end that people are willing to simply take another's hard earned money because they've found a way to do it. I hope they find who did this to you!

8. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I'm glad to hear you got your money back! I had a bad experience with a stolen credit card. And I can't agree more that checking statements is so important! Hope they find who did this!

9. Sabrina0268

Sabrina0268 90's music is my fave

oh no! so sorry! glad you got your money back!! i hope they catch the thief soon!!!

10. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

So sorry, Cheryl :( Unfortunately it's a big crime this time of year with more people online shopping. So it's a good reminder for everyone! I'm glad you caught it before it got too out of control.

11. nativescrapper

I just hope they catch them. DH is just furious he wants them in jail, and to throw away the key.

12. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

how awful! i'm glad that you've been able to resolve things with the bank, now let's hope they catch the thieves too!

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yuck! So sorry this happened to you Cheryl. I'm glad you've already gotten your money back and I sure hope they are able to catch the person who did this!

14. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Ugh. so sorry Cheryl... I hate stealing, it makes me so angry! Just that feeling of being violated is the worst. Glad you got your money back!

15. renee82

renee82 renee82

This really sucks, Cheryl! I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you! xox

16. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

So glad you got your money back....I have been through this too and it is such a horrible feeling.

17. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

that happened to us one time - come to find out a server at Carabbas had stolen our number from when we used it there via a hand-held swiping machine that then imprinted cards for use. never fun to clean up that mess. another of the many reasons why operating in cash isn't a horrible idea.

did you know you can put a freeze on your credit, an indefinite one, that will help to protect that part of your identity? that would mean if you were to go to apply for credit, you'd either need to lift the freeze or provide a pin number. not a bad idea?

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

uggh! so sorry cheryl! thanks for the reminder to be diligent!

this sort of thing happened to my parents about 5 years ago. they had thrown out some of those 'checks' that credit card companies send in the mail. someone took them out of their trash and used them at a few hardware / home improvement stores and such. it was all taken care of in the end, but it was a pain in the butt for my parents to have to go through all the formalities. it's so sad that people do this to others.

19. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

I'm so sorry! We just dealt with bank fraud a couple of weeks ago. We're so careful and still fell victim. We're still not sure exactly how it all happened. Luckily we were aware right away. It's scary and a big PITA to deal with.

20. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

That stinks! Glad you caught it though and will be reimbursed.