Chalk Couture

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Nov 12, 2018.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Curious if anyone has tried Chalk Couture ... I'm really living under a rock because today is the 1st I've heard of it - but I'm definitely going to check it out in detail!

https://www.chalkcouture.com/

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG, I must be under the rock next to you because I have no idea what you are talking about.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm under that rock too! I have to check it out in more detail. It looks pretty!

4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Never heard of that company either.

5. JillW

It must be a BIG rock then! LOL! Glad I'm not the only person that's never heard of it.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

There are a few people I follow on Instagram who use that technique. I haven't really looked into it.

7. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I'm joining you under the rock! Off to check it out!

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Haven't heard of it but there is a brick and mortar store here in town (that my sister works at PT) that does something similar, I think.

For $65, you go to their store, pick out a board & stencil design, rough up your board & paint it, and then take it home.

9. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

How have we all missed this?! I've never heard of this, but wow... looks super cool!

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Ok I am joining you all under the rock, but though I admit it looks good, it is really nothing that hasn't been done the last few years, the actual finished pieces has been available ,in shops for a fair few months, if not a year plus... Looks like a lot of hype for very little to me..

bestcee likes this.
  11. JillW

I've done a lot of "paint and takes" and I have never been thrilled with the outcome of them - these appeal to me because you can do it in your own home and they can be erased and changed up often. :-)

12. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Or you find a friend with good handwriting (not me) who can do fonts and stuff. My SIL has a blackboard permanently installed in her kitchen. She writes creative sayings and puts artwork on it from time to time. That is what it reminds me of.

13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

@alleycat Tanya does this! I've seen this stuff on her fb- SO cool! I'm tagging her so she can explain it to us all! ;)

14. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

You caught my attention as I had not heard of this... but then I do live in the "land Down Under" and sometimes it takes a while for new things to come our way... :flirty

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I haven't heard of it, but chalk anything is very popular here in local decor and antique stores. I've heard of chalk paint but this is the first I've heard of chalk INK. Interesting!

16. JillW

Thanks for tagging her - I'm anxious to hear about it!!

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I guess I've been under the rock as well, but man, that's seriously cool!! Omgosh, I am in love!!

18. JillW

Me as well! I've been watching You Tube videos about it this evening - I'm seriously thinking of signing up to be a designer … thinking parties would be pretty easy and also thinking gift-giving would be a snap! :-)

jk703 and IntenseMagic like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've never heard of this either. I have atrocious handwriting, so it's probably not for me, but my hair lady has a chalkboard door in her office and always has the cutest stuff on it. She's REALLY good at chalk art!

20. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Keep me posted, Jill. I was thinking too. It's an easy way to do gifts, and they would be custom. Plus, my home decor skills are atrocious!