Categorizing kits for organizing...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Apr 3, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@bestcee

This is why I like you. We think alike! I have my kits stored in the same way for the same reasons including the combining of papers/elements/etc into one folder. I do keep alphas separate though. I don't use alphas all the time so I don't need them available when looking at a kit. When SO closed down, it was easy to make the new folder for TLP and move the designer's folders into it. I just rename the kit folder with a z- in front of the name so it sorts to the bottom when they retire kits.

I don't use AcdSee nor tag my stuff so we differ there. I'm a one kit scrapper 95% of the time so tagging isn't necessarily needed. Funny thing is, I look for colors as I scroll through Picasa and have used kits with one theme on layouts with something entirely different. Who knew a "workout" themed kit would be perfect for a wedding layout? Colors were perfect so I used it. Supplemented with some generic wedding items that didn't clash color wise by the same designer.

bestcee likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've done this too! I find that having papers tagged lets me browse colors through the papers when I'm looking for something specific.

I didn't used to tag or anything, but CT work means I have a lot now and can't remember each one like I used to.