Can't upload in the gallery?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Kat, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

This is a weird problem. I have tried several times with a few different files. At first I would click upload image, choose my image and it would go through the usual upload process and exit that window but there was no file. I checked and it was under the limit (but I didn't get a notice that it wasn't)... and so I re-saved the file and today it just goes through the same process but never exits the upload window or loads the file.

I am not sure how to even troubleshoot this.

2. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Sorry you're having issues. Does it work if you try another browser?

3. Kat

I don't have another browser. I've always used Chrome on here and never had an issue until yesterday.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Can you try an incognito window? Sometimes an add-on in Chrome interferes with me uploading. Usually it was updated, and I didn't realize it.

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@Kat - also double check the file name and make sure it doesn't have any spaces or special characters, sometimes that trips up me.

bestcee likes this.
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

7. Kat

no luck...
    but I haven't tried incognito... it does seem that'd be a weird problem since I don't have any extra add ons, well, that are new at least.
    The file name is the same as my usual ones too.

bestcee likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What's the problem, Kat? I've uploaded 2 pages and no problems. Are you exceeding the bandwidth? I know that a few others have had a similar problem. Good luck.

9. Kat

if I knew the problem I wouldn't be here. I have no idea how I'd exceed bandwidth? I mean I've been on this site 10+ years without an issue. There is some sort of glitch preventing the page from completing the upload. It shows it uploads (the lines in the upper right corner show it processing) but then it never shows up.

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

OMG @Kat i am so glad someone else is also experiencing this problem with chrome - it's been driving me crazy since maybe early Sept or August even - i can't figure it out either and the other Pollys i asked about it must have thought i was crazy (but didn't say it b/cos they're too nice lol)
    I wish i had an answer for you (and me) - i went to firefox!

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

the same process works in Edge and Firefox so i don't think it's a bandwidth issue and i've been here about the same timeframe and never had this problem either
    @bestcee asked me at one point if there was an update on one of the chrome add-ons recently that might have interferred and made it glitchy but i couldn't see anything that would have done that - the only thing i could think was maybe it was the pinterest button but it didn't end up seeming to be that

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yes, it's like it''s processing it and then something doesn't work on the 'other end' and you have an empty upload filename box again and get stuck in a loop of putting in the file but it not seeming to register with the site or gallery - but, it works fine still in different browsers and for most other chrome users (as the replies here and that i got from POllys would indicate) so i don't know what to trouble shoot either

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

It would be weird, but I've had stranger things happen. Like one time the pinterest button updated and all my images were invisible! On every site! It was crazy. When I worked customer service for internet companies, MacCafee did an update that blocked Facebook and Twitter. That was a fun morning! Try convincing people that if they will stop their virus protection for a minute, they will be able to see Facebook again. :giggle Since incognito usually disables all add-ons, it's the easiest way to see if one is interfering.

I think what Cheryl meant is once you have so many pages, you hit the allowance for your username. I think it's not until like 1500? Or 2000? Or something like that. It's an easy fix, but you usually get the message you've exceeded your storage amount.

Cherylndesigns and bellbird like this.
  14. bestcee

Nope! Not crazy. We just all hope it doesn't happen to us!

bellbird likes this.
  15. Kat

Well sounds like I am not crazy and it would be great to see if there is a way to fix from the higher ups!

16. Kat

I am only a chrome user, and I really can't even deal with another browser just for this. I have a lot on my plate. I am not sure what to do.

17. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Since it's not a wide-spread issue with other users, it's pretty likely the problem is on your end, that's why I asked about testing it with another browser (or device). Have your tried clearing your cache? I would recommend having a second browser installed on your machine for this reason. It doesn't have to be something you commonly use, but it helps with trouble-shooting. There are always some sites that are better with one browser over another and it's not huge time commitment to install. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out!

norton94 and Karen like this.
  18. Kat

I've used chrome on this site as long as I can remember. yes, I know to clear my cache.
    I'm clearly not the only one with the issue.

No, I am not putting a second browser on. If I have to leave all my CT teams and be done with this site b/c of it then okay... I do not want to use another browser.

Ya'll know I am an educated person right? Of course I did all the usual things. I find it hard to believe that randomly my chrome browser no longer works. I mean, come on now?!

19. bestcee

I'm happy to try to help you. I know that some questions may seem dumb, but it's really just to establish the baseline of what you have tried. Otherwise, I have to assume, and you know what happens when you assume right? :thumbsups

From your post, it sounds like you have:
    1) cleared your cache
    2) cleared your cookies
    3) Used a similar file name to a previously uploaded image
    4) made sure the size was the same as before

I'm unclear
    1) if you tried incognito just to see if an extension is acting up
    2) if you can upload images to other sites outside here (I think you can, but I don't want to assume)
    3) from your gallery, it looks like you last uploaded on the 3rd. Is today the first time you tried since then?
    4) Are you part of Beta Chrome?
    5) Do you use an antivirus? Has it updated recently?
    6) Is there something else you've tried that didn't solve the problem?
    7) Did it start after restarting your computer? (Sometimes Windows sneaks in annoying updates that apply when you restart the computer, like the Google Drive one).

Sorry for so many questions at once. Since we aren't on the phone, I'm trying to narrow down a few error paths at one time.

Also, sidenote: I'm headed to bed, but I'll check back in the morning.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I DO know this has happened to a couple of other people and it was something about the size of their files. Maybe Laura could help - I don't know ifaanybody else has suggested this. Wish I could remember who it happened to.