Can we do this again ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by A-M, Jan 27, 2017.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am seeing so many having fun with this month of challenges and so regret not having visited the forum earlier this month and then been more able to take part.

Can we do it again in the middle of the year when the weather is cooler here Down Under and we don't feel like going outside? Even if it were a week of challenges that would be fun !

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So glad you're having fun Anne Marie! I'm not sure about doing MOC twice a year, but it seems like there's always something fun cropping up throughout the year! So keep hanging out to see what comes up!

bellbird, Tree City and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I don't think we could cope with MOC twice a year, but I agree that the heat of summer makes MOC not so much fun.
    This year I used the aircon - a lot and worked early morning or evening. I think that experiencing summer MOC is tougher, and explains my empathy in previous years - even though I have completed 3.

bellbird and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh my brain can not wrap around being warm right now. I have a little heater on the floor under my desk, to keep the chill off when I sit for long scrapping periods. Me? I would love MOC s. But there is a lotta work before and after, so can't see it happening......but there are some and different things being planned too.

bellbird and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  5. A-M

I do realise that there is a lot of work behind the scenes to organise these great events. I just posted this message to voice my disappointment in myself for not coming here sooner this year.

I look forward to the remainder of the year and the monthly challenges and special weekends etc.

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm so glad you came when you did so you know about it for next year!

You could do the monthly challenges in 1 week and pretend it's a mini MOC. :agree

7. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

there are a lot of checklists too for every month to take a special picture, you could use it for scrapbooking to... but ok... you don't get a reward for it, except full photobooks, so thats a plus!
    Maybe 'a list a month' can be a topic, without asking much/anything from the polly's and admin?
    Here I'm covered with blankets, so it's a great time to hold a MOC ;-), but I understand you... in summertime we have the fun and the rest of the year I can scrap about it! :D

A-M and bestcee like this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

You could also do the MOC as time and weather permits. I think they keep the threads here, you could come do one a day just like MOC for the month of July or something @A-M

Aerobigirl, A-M and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@A-M for the ones you do finish by the deadline, you can still win a prize. Each day of the MOC there is a winner from the challenges.. so that is exciting too for those that cannot finish all of the challenges. I like the idea of doing the MOC at your leisure after the fact down the road. You still get the fun of doing the challenges and learning in the process.

:)

jenn33199, Frumpje and A-M like this.
  10. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

I'd love a summer (mid-year) week of challenges. I know any challenge is a lot of work never mind multiple challenges. BUT I'd love to see something on a smaller scale!

michelepixels and A-M like this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

I am rather excited about get skinny with me check out the art journAl forum...hope some of you come play with me.

jenn33199, A-M and keepscrappin like this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I wanna get skinny with you Anne - AJ and in real life. lol

13. A-M

I am planning on getting skinny with you.

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

^^^that's what I was going to suggest! It's so nice how all of the monthly challenges (except for BYOC, cuz that depends on release date) are posted on the same day.
    On the other hand, you could do like 1 or 2 challenges per week to just stretch those scrapping muscles and to prolong the fun of monthly challenges. Either way, I think it's awesome how much fun TLP plans for us each and every month!

A-M likes this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

Oh @A-M I am excited to hear this, I have some fun techniques and "exercises" to help build our scrapping muscles to. Think scrap pump!

Tree City likes this.
  16. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I like the ring of, "A page a day for the month of May." :funfun

Not that I'm expecting anyone to host it, proctor it, or give prizes for it. But I might take that challenge on for myself. It's enough rest between now and May that I might be up for more daily scrapping by then.

A-M, Frumpje and bestcee like this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Glad you got to experience some of this years' MOC (and yep, I've moved to the air-con'd lounge room in previous years just to get me through - i can't imagine doing it in the cold with stiff joints though)
    From memory, there has been a "Xmas in July" or 'Summer School" - a week or two of fun stuff and challenges during the Aussie winter.... there's never a dull moment here really (i've never finished all the designer challenges and the normal challenges here in a month myself!)

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

There's always next year's MOC to come play along with. Plus, we always have fun and hoopla coming and going around here. :)

Pallavi01 likes this.
  19. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

Anne- excited to see your new art journal challenge. I'll be checking it out for sure. Today's challenge (arches) is really great. The pages are really shining in the gallery.

Editing to add- yes, there is always a lot going on here! I'm getting spoiled. :)

20. A-M

How about us ordinary members host " A Page a Day in May".... we can round up some that are willing to suggest challenges and take it in turns... no prizes... just the fun of challenging each other.

We could do simple challenges for example: go through all the Colours of the rainbow one week RED one day; Blue the next etc.
    Font Challenges are easy ones.
    One Week we can have a week of a different set of designers each day and use only that set of designers products for that day. presently there are 32 designers so about 4 - 5 designers each day.

National Scrapbook day will happen in May but we can all still take part in those activities as well as the Page a Day In May

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    elk2009, bestcee and bonnenuit like this.