Can I say hello?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AmberR, Oct 17, 2011.

1. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

Hello lilypad ladies,

I have been wanting to introduce myself, but was not sure which forum to use...so instead, I just started jumping in and trying to figure things and people out that way.

So I'm Amber, live in Germany, have two kids (just turned 6 & 4, their birthdays are the 1st and 4th of October) and a German husband whose birthday was on the 14th of October. This month is crazy! Kiddos and myself are bi-lingual, though I've had to learn the language through sweat and blood and they just absorbed it from birth!

I've been scrapping since 2002 and digi-scrapping since my daughter was born in 2005. and if this is the wrong place for this, please let me know and I'll move/delete it!

Now off to start my day!
    Amber

2. Jasmin

Jasmin ready for spring!

Yay for the introduce Amber! A happy welcome to you, I always love to see your pages in the TLP gallery!

3. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

Hi Amber! Glad to have you here! Welcome!

It sounds like we are in the same boat as far as the english/german language thing goes. I have been struggling for years to pick german up (i'm still not great in it) and my kids speak it fluently because they were born here. SO not fair. lol. Now if I could only get them to speak English. They understand everything but are too lazy to speak it. (oh and their dad speaks german to them so that makes it WAY cooler than English) I guess that will all change in a couple weeks when we move back.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

welcome Amber! Wow you sure would be busy with all those birthdays in October

5. AmberR

Wow, it must be a strange feeling, to know you are going back. I'm pretty sure we're here for the LONG haul (as in, forever), so when DH dangles that carrot, I never believe him and am not sure how I would feel if we moved back (well, back for me, none of them have ever lived in the states!). I'd actually love to chat some time, I've been having some issues with kindergarten and language...love to hear how you've dealt, as it sounds like your kids are more fluent than mine (they speak english to me, but mix in german words and use german grammar and speak german with each other and their dad).

6. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Welcome Amber!!! So glad you are here!

7. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

Amber your work is so amazing! So glad to see you here!

8. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

Glad to have you here!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome Amber! Glad you introduced yourself! I'm amazed at anyone that is bi-lingual! I just cannot absorb enough to ever speak a new language and I've tried!

10. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

Welcome Amber! My sons were born on October 5th! They just turned 10! xo

11. jenn7

jenn7 Member

12. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

14. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Hi Amber! Welcome to the Pad! I've already enjoyed seeing your beautiful pages in the gallery. I hope you'll make yourself comfy and settle in here. :)

15. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

16. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

welcome Amber! Glad you popped in and said hello!

17. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Welcome Amber! I've already said hi to you, but I'm glad you posted this introduction! (I don't think I ever did one myself... :blush :giggle)

18. jojoma

jojoma Member

hello Amber. My name is Joanne but my friends call me Jo and you are welcome to do so. Even though I registered on the Lily Pad in 2010 I am am literally just now getting started participating in the forums and community. I am very glad to meet you and not fel like the only new girl here! See you around.
    Jo

19. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Welcome Amber!! I'm so jealous of you girls that get to live in Germany. It's one of my favorite countries (and language too). I only know bits and pieces of the language, but I'm sure I'd learn it quickly if I got to live there.

I'm so happy you're hanging out with us here!

20. AmberR

thanks so much for the warm welcome, ladies! I have to say though, it's kind of hard to "see" some of you right now, what with scuba masks, pirate eye-patches and the like! :D