Brain Fog-Weather Change |pad patter 10.10.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my goodness, our weather went from 101 to 60s. I am a summer heat loving woman, and I am now frozen. Something happens to me at weather change.
    I go into brain fog land.
    LIke dropping the ball, and a bit slower.
    I think my blood is slowing down!
    bhahha
    Do any of you have strange weather change behaviors?

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Um, well, I thought today was Thursday until someone just told me it was Wednesday. Does that count as a brain fog? :cornfused (I should have mentioned that the weather is in the 80s, which it has been for.ev.er. So I can't blame the weather.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    norton94 and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't think it's strange, but the only thing that comes to mind is the way rainy days, or even just cloudy sometimes, make me feel very unmotivated to work.

I hope autumn arrives here soon. It's so weird to be wearing shorts in Virginia in October.

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

We are having the same weather as @michelepixels here in Virgina Beach.. hot and muggy but I think after we get the tropical storm residules of Hurricane Michael tomorrow night into Friday, over the weekend we are supposed to get a cool down... that being said with the storm coming all my bones hurt. With Hurricane Florence, I had a migraine all weekend.. ugh I hate feeling cruddy due to the weather.

5. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Hot and muggy here in SC too -- in fact it was in the 90s in the first week of October. Ridiculous, even for here!
    I love it when the weather starts too cool off. But I am kinda weird that way: I long for rainy, overcast days and cool weather, or what I half-jokingly call "English Summer." I lived in the UK for awhile growing up, and I never really got used to the hot summers back in the US.
    I have ridiculous amounts of brain fog, but I blame the menopause :)

bellbird likes this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh yep, we have had the rainiest start to Oct in 10 yrs here which is great given the drought conditions but it is messing with me on top of the daylight savings time change last weekend

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We've been hot and muggy until today and now it's 69 and pouring rain, and I am cold lol. Tomorrow night is supposed to get down to 40 with a high on Friday and Saturday in the low 50's. I am so not ready for that! I'm a hot summer girl. The only thing that's really affected is my mood. The colder it gets the more down I feel and really bummed out.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm definitely influenced by weather change. Living in Florida, it's not so extreme, but I still experience it to a small degree. Heck, I suffer when we go from Day Light Saving's Time and going to DST. My husband thinks that's so weird, but it takes my body a few days to straighten out.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was JUST talking about this to my work out buddy last night... we both were not excited about working out and just felt tired and "meh" for the last few days and I said I thought it was because it had been raining and grey outside. And it's getting darker earlier which always triggers me to want to go to bed earlier. I had a terrible time getting energized to do any of the one bazillion things on my to-do list this weekend. So weird, but I totally think it's weather/season related.

10. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Not behavior wise, but I always get a cold when the weather changes so drastically so quickly.

Never fails.

11. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

The weather changes make me achy and tired... especially when there is something significant like a hurricane brewing... my daughter is much worse than me and actually has to nap (at 16y/o) when this pattern is going on, which is not something usual for her and not something she even did as a little one LOL.

12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Weather change does effect me too. I can even feel it behind my eyes if a major change is coming.

13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We are having left-over Hurricane Michael today and yes, both Hubby and I woke up with headaches due to the air pressure change. I will be glad when it moves on out.

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

yes, hot and muggy here too. :(
    i'm in some kind of fog/headache thing for a few days now.

15. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I get the blues when the weather turns cold. This week in Louisiana is a gentle change from high 80's-low 90's and 80 % humidity to mid 80's and 60% humidity. A cooler front in coming. I really get the fog and more blues when we have Daylight savings time. I like my longer evenings.

16. sthomas51004

sthomas51004 Well-Known Member

I have brain fog all the time due to having fibromyalgia but it is worse when the weather is changing. I find (like today) when it rains I sleep more and ache more. I've had a lot of that this summer here in PA we have had a lot of rain. On the flip side the extreme heat does the same. If it could be 65 to 70 and sunny I would be better off. Usually in the Spring and Fall (my two favorite times of the year) I get either a cold or bronchitis.