Book/Page Showcase | DYD 2019

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 9, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi all!! Hope you are enjoying all the fun surrounding DYD this year! I’ve been documenting my December since 2012, so this is my 8th year of creating an album! It’s my favorite project of the whole year, and I get so excited when this time rolls around!

All of my albums are 6x8, and while I’ve thought about switching it up every year, I just keep coming back to this size. It’s what’s manageable for me during the hectic holiday time. Having foundation pages done before December starts is a huge help to me as well. When I print, I do individual pages and put them in a ring album. I’ve thought about switching to a book format, and may do that at some point.

So with that said, I thought I’d share a few of my albums from past years. If you'll notice, not all of my photos are Christmas-related. We don't do something Christmasy every day, so I just pick a photo that best represents the day and go with it! I created video flip-throughs of some to get a better view of them.

In 2014, I used Valorie Wibbens templates and created a more pocket style album:

In 2016, I went with a more traditional scrapping style:

In 2017, I used different Journalers by Valorie Wibbens to create my foundations:

And last year, I used Soco’s amazing 6x8 templates

So while the size has stayed the same, I have been able to switch up the style a bit every year and I love them all.

I am also in awe of some of the amazing albums I’ve seen in our gallery! Here are a few of my favs:

I adore Marilyn’s super cool TN style from last year:
    [​IMG]

Melanie’s Albums always inspire me
    [​IMG]

And Kerrianne’s pages are always amazing
    [​IMG]

I would love to see your albums from years past! Show them off here and spread a little inspiration!! Or let us know what your plans are for this year!!

Soco, mcurtt, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love all of your videos, Jan and all of the inspiration pages.

I compiled two collages from 2017 to this year. In 2017, I only participated in the Christmas in July, so I have included a double page layout that I created for my Traveler's Notebook. In 2018, I decided to participate in DYD but started at Thanksgiving, which was the last year that my grandson Jordan was with us. Then I just continued in the same book with my DYD (for 2018). For 2019, I also started with Christmas in July, but am going to complete the TN with DYD for this year. I used the TN inserts for 2017, 18 and this year and will include them in my leather Traveler's Notebooks as I've done since 2017.

Christmas-2017-2018-resized.jpg Christmas-2017-2018-2-resized.jpg

Attached Files:

Soco, FarrahJobling and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

Love it all, Cheryl!! Your TN pages are fantastic!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I made one last year and I LOVE it. You can click on the pic to see more pages. I think I'm going to do a 10x10 album this year.

[​IMG]

5. IntenseMagic

I absolutely love that album, Liz!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing...really inspiring!!

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Wow! Thanks @IntenseMagic @Scrapping with Liz @Cherylndesigns for sharing your DYD. If I do DYD this year, straddling the fence, but I've got my foot dangling on the yes side, I'll continue with my 8x4" TN format. Last year, my first DYD, I ended up with 52 pages, printed them via Blurb's magazine option which is 8.5x11, so HUGE white borders around each of my pages, but I love how it turned out! Hybrid would be the sensible thing to do, print them & paste them into a TN, but I just have a love/hate affair with my monster of a Canon printer (wide-format), so I prefer to print my pages elsewhere. I wasn't sure if I could share the link to my 2018 completed Blurb album here, so I didn't...

Oh and thanks, Jan, for showcasing one of my pages. :tree TN really makes me smile. It is small, doesn't take much to fill the page, great for the hustle & bustle of December.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Soco

Soco Shhhhhh. Just shhhhhh.

Cherylndesigns and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Soco likes this.
  9. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I was just going through my books yesterday to make sure I was caught up on printing. Sometimes I wait forever, LOL! Here is a picture of my stack <3.
    IMG_6389-WEB.jpg

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

in 2017 I did a page a day at 8x8
    here are 3 pages picked at random
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last year I did P52, so continued with the pocket style during December. Here's one of my pages
    [​IMG]
    I also included a few feature pages using the same kits on special activities. e.g.
    [​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Last year I made a hybrid album with kits from four different designers and I love that album. Lots of vellum prints, different pages, tags and no day numbers, which I really think made the task easier.

39078E1E-E4D1-4865-8100-F139D4CAD033.jpeg 6998A24C-B0C1-4A0E-8A6C-447C2B88A0B0.jpeg 404DEF09-27A6-4D85-A93D-9A3079EA8A72.jpeg B014F8C9-A7DF-45F9-99D9-2EE6E452DDBC.jpeg 9EAAE008-9BCA-4CC1-8657-A43218B4CABD.jpeg

Attached Files:

Angela Toucan and IntenseMagic like this.