Blursday | Pad Patter - some date...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 25, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It's school holidays in between blocks of 'online learning' here, so the days have definitely been blurring together.
    [​IMG]
    I've read that 'Smun-day' is now the vague start of the week but that really we could just shorten the whole week to 3 days - yesterday, today and tomorrow.
    Some things have stayed the same for us though, a bit like this but last night didn't really feel like Friday
    [​IMG]
    Do you still look forward to weekends or are all days becoming Blursday to you too?

KarenB likes this.
  2. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Lol, I will have to use that in a title. I loose track with no appointments/travel etc.. The only way I know is that my husband still works and he doesn’t work as much on the weekend! I think it is the 94th of April...this month has been so long!

bellbird and KarenB like this.
  3. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

That's so funny!:giggle
    Weekends are still defined for me as DH is around. He works from home all week. So I really look forward to his company at the weekend.

Angela Toucan and bellbird like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Yep, they’re all looking the same too. Hopefully this week will become less like that as my mum's work starts up again after 5 weeks - we don’t know exactly when she goes back yet as each store has to have a health and safety check and sign off plus get fresh food stock in before they can trade through drive through and uber eats deliveries

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I haven't had a problem with Blursday. Being retired and staying at home most of the time, I was used to this when it started.

bellbird likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Eeeyup! I used to look forward to the weekend...

bellbird likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lol i hadn't seen your song! good one!

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My friend sends me a gif every single day.. Happy Monday, perfect Tuesday, Get up its Wedensday… well you get the drift. Must admit I find it helpful.. :rofl

Karen, KarenB and bellbird like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

that is awesome! i'm just relying on my phone displaying the name of the day right!

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Definitely still look forward to the weekends!! I'm still working from home and I swear I'm working more hours than when I actually went to the school building. DH is still working as well, so not much different other than I don't leave the house, and in that respect all the weekdays kind of blur together lol. Plus, I'm babysitting my 11 year old granddaughter and helping her and DS with the school work they have throughout the day. But, on Friday afternoon I turn it all off, sign out of school stuff and let it go for the weekend.

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yes, all blurred together -- and very soon, DD will finish up her college courses, and then only one of us will have a set schedule. DH is working from home. He showers and dresses every day. He also wears his badge -- mostly as a sign that he is at work to the rest of us so we leave him alone - should he venture out of his office.

bellbird likes this.
  12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Days are all blurred together. I have been working from home for almost 45 days and I have found that I am putting in more hours then I did when I went to the office.

bellbird likes this.
  13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have no idea what any day is. I check my calendar every day I wake up and do what's in there. If it is NOT in the calendar it doesn't happen!!!!!

bellbird likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

OH this is so relatable and funny! :giggle This last week while I was helping my youngest with his math homework he asked me what day it was... he thought it was Wednesday and I said Tuesday, but I really wasn't sure and had to look at my phone to confirm. Oy! :dizzy

My hubby and I are still going into the office for work, so yes we still look forward to the weekend, but it's not quite the same as before since we have so much free time in the evenings now to do our hobbies and watch our shows. The weekend doesn't seem like quite the reward it used to be. But, I'm rather loving the slower pace of life... like a lot! My hubby on the other hand is going bonkers with his dose of socialization!

bellbird likes this.
  15. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

The days are all one big blur to me but I still definitely look forward to the weekend. I homeschool my youngest 3 so nothing changed with us when the schools shut and I really look forward to the 2 days of no schooling.

bellbird likes this.
  16. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

If it weren’t for SOSN and FF assignments, I would be in a state of continual blursdays! ❤️❤️❤️

bellbird likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

This is how I can tell the day of the week:
    DH's schedule. M-F = work. M, W, Th= some sort of scout-related meeting (he's troop master).
    For me: W= weekly zoom meeting with my small group of moms. But I sometimes forget this because I can't remember it's Wednesday. Th = my Bible study, which has moved to zoom. Every other F=nutritionist appointment. Su= church via streaming (that's the one that throws me off because I really miss meeting in person!)

We lead thrilling lives, don't we? :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes! The only reason I have some sort of idea of the days are because of work deadlines and because Olivia and I are still somewhat having a weekly planning session. We didn't have one last week, and boy-oh-boy, could I tell. It was just a parade of hours mushed together and all of a sudden I was like, what? It's Saturday?

bellbird likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't know the day or the date and have to look on my computer or watch. I thought I'd missed the deadline for the slow scrap and it wasn't until the next day. I say it's "covid brain". :crazy3

bellbird likes this.
  20. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

My DH and I telework from home and my kids are doing school online. For us, weekends mean Saturday drives on dirt roads on Forest Service lands to explore. I work for the Forest Service and manage the road system so it's been good to see some of the roads while we take our family out for some time away and still social distance.

bellbird likes this.