Best Book of 2014

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Celeste, Dec 23, 2014.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

One more … I discovered Lucinda Riley this year and have enjoyed all of hers that I've read but particularly The Midnight Rose.

2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

This one is on my list to read.

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I think this was a 2013 book, but I really loved The Goldfinch by Donna Tart (it was a doozey to get through, but the really detailed & descriptive writing along with the weaving in of characters and time/space is what i love!), I also liked Tell The Wolves I'm Home, and loved The Rosie Project (SO funny) as mentioned here in this thread.

In 2014, I didn't read as much as I usually do ... but also really enjoyed:
    The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  4. jenn mccabe

I'm starting The Light Between Oceans tonight ... :)

5. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I don't know but Bart and i are back together. kisses.

7. jenn mccabe

you guys ... i have been trying to get into The Light Between Oceans forever. i'm only page 46. it is boring me to tears! is it really a good story/stick with it a few more chapters or should i drop it back off at the library for someone else to borrow ... :dizzy

8. emileem

emileem Active Member

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

if i'm not interested by then, i think i'd struggle to finish it... interested to hear others responses to this book in particular!

10. jenn mccabe

i'm on page 76 and it did pick up ... but still its a small book and you'd think i'd be done by now. i'm just not reaching for it, dying to find out what happens next.

11. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Gone Girl was really good . . . and then I had to read the author's other two books . . . Dark Places and Sharp Objects. Both were also very good! I'm in a bad book place right now. I seem to have picked up several books that just aren't keeping my attention. This is soooo unusual for me. I read everything! I think maybe reading such outstanding books has made it hard to read ok books?

12. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I need a good book to read, going to visit my family for a couple days and need one for the plane. I'm NOT a reader by any means, never seem to finish a book. Can anyone recommend an easy to read, yet can't put down book? I'm not into historical stuff, political stuff, or romance novels. More into a mystery, thriller type book. :)