Bedside Table/Junk Drawer | Pad Patter 5-9-2023

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, May 9, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I was cleaning off my beside table and made me think of what people keep on their bedside table... or their junk drawer, lol!

My bedside table isn't really bedside, but it is right near me, and is a dresser, haha! It has a water container (so I don't spill), a light, chap stick, my bed remote (for air/sleep number), a couple of cough drops from when I had a cold, my hearing aid charger, and my phone charger. Also a picture frame/photo, and a picture box that randomly left there but is filled with buttons, lol! (All sides of the box are pictures, and the box is empty so I stash all those extra buttons inside and a little sewing kit)

What is in your bedside table?

If you don't have a bedside table, what's in your junk drawer?

My junk drawer has oodles of stuff, but it's pretty neat - pens, pencils, scissors, rubber bands, tape, white out, shoelaces, a few tools, batteries, sticky notes, paper clips, hooks that stick on the wall, the Easy Button, glue dots, locks, extra keys, random coins, etc....

Did you know that the most common thing found in a junk drawer is rubber bands! lol!

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I keep a phone charger, chapstick, glasses, water bottle and tissues by my bed each night.

jk703 likes this.
  3. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Bedside table: chapstick, tv and bed remotes, reading glasses, lamp, charger, tissues, lotion, tums and heartburn meds, melatonin, pen and notepad.

jk703 likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have dual nightstands by my bed. The one on the side where I sleep has a lamp, a box of kleenex and a small basket to hold the TV remote. There is space for my phone as well in case of an emergency phone call/text. In the basket is also a pair of glasses with my previous prescription so I can read any text that comes through. The other nightstand has a silk floral arrangement I received when Mom died in 1996. Her friend had it made with a Precious Moments figurine in the arrangement. I had a Longaberger planter stand (1 inch legs) that the arrangement fits in so it resides there. Both nightstands have a shelf for books. One has the high school yearbooks for Dad, Mom & Me along with the ones for my mom's parents. The other has puzzle books that are collecting dust. Both have drawers but neither drawer has anything in them.

The junk drawer in the kitchen got cleaned out when I did the remodel. I have avoided having one since then. Instead I have a drawer that has screwdrivers, scissors, pliers, Ring doorbell screwdriver, twist ties and a few other things all neatly organized in an expandable divider tray I found at Wal-Mart.

jk703 likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my bedside table is my dressing table. It has 3 draws. The top one has my comb, scent, shaver and hair dryer. I also has emergency medical supplies for the children (have those all over the house). Middle draw is sanitary towels and cotton wool. The bottom is memorabilia.

jk703 likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My bedside table currently has 4 library books, my noise canceling headphones I bought when my husband's snoring was bothering me a lot, and a box of tissues. When I'm in bed it also holds my mug of water and my phone. Nearby I have a couple of charging cables: one for my phone, the other for those headphones.

I don't have a junk drawer, but I have a funny thing about rubber bands. I haven't bought any in decades. I just use the ones that my grocery store routinely puts around things like celery and berry containers.

jk703 likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

What is in your bedside table?
    My bedside table has no "in". It's just a table top and on it is a lamp, phone charger, book, and glasses :)

If you don't have a bedside table, what's in your junk drawer?
    Pens, pencils, old chargers, pocket knives, random cards, tape, batteries, command strips, random keys....
    but no rubber bands lol

jk703 likes this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My .bedside table is has a small cupboard underneath. I keep extra shoes there.
    The top of it has 2 piles of books in the order I want to read them. (I read slower than I used to ) my glasses, a glass of water,spare earphones (for sleepless nights ) my kindle, and a cream for my knees.
    I don't have a junk drawer, I do have a basket in the kitchen cupboard with,screwdriver ,pliers,electric tape,and things of that nature.

jk703 likes this.
  9. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

We just moved so my drawers are still empty (need to unpack some more boxes!) and on top just the bare minimum - tissues, Chapstick, phone and watch charger, and of course my glasses when I'm sleeping.

jk703 likes this.
  10. jk703

You mean to tell me you all don't have the Easy Button in your junk drawer like me!? :giggle

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I have a bedside cabinet beside my bed which contains the following:

On the top - lamp, wifi router, extension lead so I can charge my phone. Normally have my book on cabinet as well.
    In the drawer - pot with bookmarks, my glasses case, my contact lens supply and contact lens pot
    Cupboard - Make up bag, mirror, and my overflow of toiletries
    On the floor next to the cabinet I then have a small caddy which holds the plugs for my phone, Fitbit and Kindle, a word search book, some pens, my iPad and some more books

jk703 likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

My bedside table (it’s a plastic two drawer unit) has the landline phone, the wifi modem (not my choice but it’s where the best signal is), a lamp, my glasses, a pair of scissors and an empty glass.

The two drawers of my bedside table are in various states of disarray. The top one contains mostly health stuff - pain meds, cough lozenges, heat pack etc. The bottom drawer has more tech related odds and ends and other random bits that are important but don’t fit in the top drawer.

13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have nightstands on both sides of my bed. The top of the one on the side where I sleep has a lamp, a 30+ year old blue "princess" phone, Kleenex box, a plastic bin with bottles of my meds, 3-4 bottles of lotion, my daily pill container, a coaster that I set my water bottle on, and at night my Nook and cell phone.

The top drawer is a junk drawer ... a few books, fuzzy socks, a button jar, and who knows what else.

The bottom drawer has a couple of store bags with counted x-stitch patterns, fabric and floss, plus there's a Lularoe Disney dress in there. I did have a bunch of Lularoe leggings that I collected for awhile in spite of the fact that I don't like wearing leggings ... I'm a blue jeans baby, lol! Last fall I finally dropped them off at the charity thrift shop.

The other nightstand has a lamp on it, two Little Tikes piggy banks - one blue, one pink, a baby album with 8x10 photos in it of me and a Kraft envelope with paper memorabilia that I relocated from my father's house a few months ago. The drawers are filled with genealogy papers and miscellaneous photos of friend's kids ... back when people shared wallet size photos of their kids. Those kids are now in their 40s!!!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

No junk drawer here. The screwdrivers are in the garage with the rest of the tools. I do have a magnetic half cup that attaches to the fridge. It holds a pen, pencil, and dry erase marker. Scissors are in the sharps drawer with the knives.

I don't have a traditional bedside table. I have this cart. I love it because it's metal, so I was able to buy some magnet ties and attach my charging cords (Kindle and phone) to the side of the top.
    bedside table.jpeg
    The top shelf has a bedside lamp, my glasses holder (random cool find!), my Kindle at night (I move it with me during the day), lotion, chapstick, and tums.
    The middle shelf is my To be Read books and a booklight. I should probably move them since I tend to read my Kindle at night because light.
    The bottom shelf holds my jewelry box, the remote for our space heater, and the remote for our fan.

Glasses Holder: My glasses stand up in it.
    Glasses holder.jpg

jk703 likes this.
  15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My bedside table houses a lamp, tissue box and some bees knees lipbalm. Anything else and the cats tap it off.

jk703 likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

On top of my bedside table I have: kleenex, my water cup (with lid!), a couple of books, my alarm clock, scrunchies, my phone charger and a wooden charging station for my iPad (rarely use) and my Kindle and my Apple watch.

In the small drawer of my night stand I have: so much junk! :giggle I have a stack of bookmarks, an old kindle and case, my new kindle case, old readers and glasses that I don't wear anymore, advil, cough drops, and a bunch of charger cords and other random junk. Lol.

jk703 likes this.
  17. jk703

Oooooo, christmas present for my parents!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

On top of the bedside --- an old digital cassette player/radio/alarm clock (I don't set it any more but I do like seeing the glowing time in the middle of the night), reading glasses, tissues, lamp, lotion I never use, and books I never read.

Only the top drawer has value - a small basket with various sized finger nail/toe clippers (why do the hang nails get you at bedtime?) and lip balm. Otherwise, the drawers are old journals, books, and a few pens.

Junk drawer has all the things - in fact, we have 3 drawers full in my kitchen desk.

19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My bedside table is actually a sewing cabinet. It has sliders on the bottom so I can pull it out and it will be at my right hand when I'm using my adjustable bed. The top does open like a hatch but I never use it because it's so inconvenient when I have other things on the top.

I use a mirror as a tray to hold all my stuff. I started doing this a long time ago because Holly Belle thought it was great fun to knock off everything when she was trying to get my attention. Drinks, glasses, tissues - everything was a plaything at 2 am in the morning. LOL On the tray is a cloth coaster for my drink, a book light, the remote for all the lamps in the room, the adjustable bed remote, My Palmers Coconut Oil lip balm, a pen, a glass nail file, my Kindle, paper book I'm reading, plus a A Memory A Day journal and a gratitude journal.

On the bottom shelf, I have an antique candy box that holds my spinal cord stimulator and charging system. Jay drilled a hole in the back of the box for the wires to go out. It's nice to corral all the wires!

PXL_20230510_211854071.jpg

PXL_20230510_211900374.jpg PXL_20230510_211930859.jpg

20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My nightstand has a lamp, my phone charger and 3 books on it.

Inside my nightstand are a couple of journals from throughout the years, lotion, a back massager, socks (sometimes my feet get super cold at night and I need to slip on socks), and more books.