Beautiful Faces

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by scrapsandsass, Mar 7, 2016.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@scrapsandsass and @misslovescraps
    Jane Davenport has a new line at Michael's. I grabbed THIS and THIS from Michael's craft store today. I thought of you while in the store, and had to come find this thread and link you up... can't wait to stamp some faces... I practiced some hand lettering in my Junque Journal last night, based off a book I have from Joanne Sharpe, but I totally thought about some AJ pages I could make... then saw these today and had several ideas. I hope to get something put together this week to share...

2. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

:( All the posts on Jane's new range that I'm seeing on Facebook is really KILLING ME!!LOL!! It will never be here in Malaysia. Someone fly me to America now!!

Show me what you created with her awesome stuff pretty please!!

mimisgirl and cinna like this.
  3. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I think I was literally at the store when you were posting. LOL. I bought the same stamps (stamp your own face), the butterfly book cover and some inserts (as well as pockets). I also got a charm and some bands. I lucked out and bought a set of her special markers with a 60% off coupon!!! I was so fan-girling over the display. There was another woman there who was also all gaga over everything. We were enabling each other. Her husband was rolling his eyes, but laughing.

klee73010 likes this.
  4. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I love drawing faces in my art journals and paintings but digital - I don´t have the tools for it....

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

scrapsandsass, klee73010 and mcurtt like this.
  5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i need to embrace my art journal side more often. i love faces. they always add so much to aj pages!

scrapsandsass and klee73010 like this.
  6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Just scan them in... take a pic and then work around it. You've got skillz!!! :D

7. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Thanks @scrapsandsass ! Just need a scanner then.... :beat

8. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

take one of your photos, and try blending it over another paper. Taking a photo of it might be good enough - at least if you try it, you can see if you might need to draw on a brighter or different texture paper if that might be an option.
    tons of great blending tips on the MOC day 15 thread for blending paper!!! and somewhere in here (m3 forum), Dalis made a tutorial about gradients - that could be an option for blending your drawn photo, too.

@misslovescraps , do you digitally draw, or scan in, or take photos of your face drawings?
    (I know she does tons of scrapping with her face drawings!)

Li Li Wee and cinna like this.
  9. Li Li Wee

I do both, scan and take photo but for scrapping I just take a photo as I only scan when I'm in the office :)
    Actually you really don't need a scanner.

Dalis and cinna like this.
  10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

HAH, I'm with you on this one!!! This face stuff is all new to me. Never though about it until this thread. In fact, another site had a challenge where you had to use a doll in your layout. WOW was that tough for me!! Totally new cconcept!!! But, I am thinking, how can I use these beautiful dolls and faces in a layout about me, when it doesn't represent me at all. I'm OLD and I'm FAT!!! Don't get me wrong; I love me just the way I am; I'm just being truthful!!

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Li Li,
    You should do a video on how you take a picture of your painted (sketched) face and turn it into something you can use and blend on your digi papers. I do it in a way that is WAY too convoluted.... I KNOW there has to be a better way!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  12. Dalis

@cinna THOSE ARE FANTABULOUS!

13. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

WOW! these are awesome!!! I would take a photo of them as well and just work with that! That pencil drawing would be ideal to 'digitally paint' in some soft colours!

14. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

This is a face I drew with my pen/tablet in a program called Rebelle............. it was hard drawing with the pen but you are able to work in layers in the program as well like PS so when I got one part okay I started a new layer so I didn't destroy all of it! lol! then merged it together. Then I painted it in Rebelle as well, it really has such a realistic way of painting but I need to learn the program a bit more. Overall it was fun and I want to try some more this year :) Using Jane Devonport's technique to draw a face proportionally is fantastic! So easy to do but I need to practice more!

second-girl-web.jpg

15. Li Li Wee

Is there other way of doing what I do? Maybe my way is complicated too.. lol!! OK! I will find time to come up with a video after Chinese New Year.

Dalis likes this.
  16. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I have the same problem but then I decided to let them represent the inner me and bother with how much it looks like me. I am drawn more towards ones that reflect my personality.

17. Dalis

You can record it using screencast-o-matic. I know that the Pollys have an account.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  18. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

So I have been crushing on Jane for years now. And, did you know, she has a set of face stencils?? If you are nervous about drawing them those are a great starting place. I love using faces and I draw faces for my physical journals, but I rarely incorporate them into my digi pages. I should start!!

klee73010 likes this.
  19. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

You can order on line from her website. I did that while living in Thailand!! Loved it!!

20. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm so new to art journaling, I don't know if I'm drawn to anyone particular style yet (I do prefer something with a face though, the no eyes, lips kinda "scares" me)....I did grab one of the stamp sets by Jane Davenport at Michael's last month and I'm afraid to use them LOL!! I should have grabbed the face pieces of washi instead.

klee73010 likes this.