Back then...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Aussiegirl, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

So fun! My oldest daughter would love this! And I imagine your parties would have been divine! :)

tanteva likes this.
  2. Aussiegirl

I homeschool my youngest daughter, but have a lot of respect for those who have multiple children of different ages that they teach at the same time! TV makes it look a lot easier than it probably was! But I'm sure you could have made it work! :)

3. Aussiegirl

I love traveling, so that would be fun! And I loved how fun and sneaky the nuns were in The Sound of Music!

4. Aussiegirl

Same! But our lives would be so much harder! I definitely have respect for those who have come before us, paving this path!

umyesh likes this.
  5. Aussiegirl

That's fun! I wouldn't be protesting, but driving a van or big bus (Camper) around would be fun!

dotcomkari likes this.
  6. Aussiegirl

you could be the town healer! Or even a midwife! Those are important jobs!

bellbird likes this.
  7. Aussiegirl

Construct or design cathedrals would be a really neat job! Would you make them as ornate as they are now? I would design castles with secret rooms or hidden passageways (that would be helpful if there was ever an attack).

bellbird and Karen like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I would either live in Wyoming where women have held the right to vote since 1870 or be in trouble because I was helping with the underground railroad and freeing slaves.

If I went back too far, I'd be burned as a witch. Because I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut.

@dotcomkari I couldn't go back to the 1970's - I would totally be a serial killer's victim or in a cult like Manson's. I hear about how many of them are charming and picking up hitchhiker's - yep. I'd be the hippie on the missing posters. :giggle

bellbird and dotcomkari like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Same!

And same! Although I've always said that I enjoy teaching my own children...but not others...LOL! I do tutor a GREAT class of 7th/8th graders that I love.

I've always thought Jane Austen's time might be neat...if I was upper class. LOL!

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this totally made me smile, realism and all, but if i had to choose btwn witch and subserviant, unentitled to an education maid, i think you're on the right track - i think i'd rather be Maleficent if you've seen her back story movie than a Cinderella type, even with a slight chance of a random ball and prince.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:compcoffee i'm so loving this thread - i can just picture you in a missing poster with a daisy chain head band.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I would like to go back to the 1940's, after the war or early 1950's. My faith, my attitude about family, and my joy about being a stay-at-home Mom would make me feel right at home. I love the music, the fashion, the entertainment - and I think I'd be perfectly at home and happy.