AUGUST-Face IT! This is a doozy! Art Journaling Challenge.

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 2, 2013.

1. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I really like the way mine turned out. It was definitely a labor of love. Emphasis on the labor. LOL

My Memories Suite doesn't let you make huge holes in paper - at least I can't figure out how - So I was like, Hey! I know - I LOVE mosaics and this could work...So I cut up like 10 different sheet of digi paper into mostly triangles and pentagons. Problem was, I don't know if it was because my computer is a dinosaur, or that my program had to do the process of loading the paper, cropping, shaping, sizing etc. for EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I try to do something -- I don't know. But it got really, really slow if I did anything with paper. (really photos - because I imported the paper as photos so that I could cut it into shapes, etc. because you can't do that with elements in this program, at least in V3.) So I added some elements and it became clear to me that it was going to drive me absolutely crazy-ER.

So I'm like, well - I don't want to lose all the ellies I just placed. I KNOW! I'll make a duplicate page (it'll do that) and export that (flatten it) and then bring THAT in as an element and it won't take up so many resources!! BRILLIANT PLAN!! Except my program had other ideas. It decided to try and implode.

Since this story is getting excruciatingly long, I will sum it up. I get this error that I have never seen before that basically says, "Java has exploded. Your program is in mortal danger. Naughty, Naughty Jo. email tech support and they will deal with you!!" And of course it locked up my entire computer, the box would not close when I clicked on OK, and after an hour I finally ended program and restarted my computer.

Needless to say, I have not heard from tech support. BUT there is a silver lining. I had totally forgot that I had already exported a copy of the background by itself to use another time because I thought it was cool and I thought maybe some day I'd finish mosaicing it. (ok that was probably not a word...) I am so glad I did! The day was saved! So guess what I did? I imported it as an element and went from there. YAY! Happy ending.

[​IMG]

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Awesome Background Jo.. and what a story! That is why I like CS3 and PSE and such that you can save as a psd for later use.. I understand the resource and one day I will get rid of all my psd's but for now I have multiples for that just in case or I want to go back and change something.. glad your day was saved.. Your mosaic is beautiful!

3. cfile

OMG I just counted.. there are 18 ghost heads in the AJ gallery.. way cool!!!

4. cfile

You really make me giggle Agnes! (see ya in 2 hours!!)

5. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thank you, Christa. I wish I could have made the chat yesterday. I had a dr.'s appointment though. And today -- more packing! And maybe a sneaky moment of art journaling -- off to see this week's challenge. :)

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend