August Accountability!! Put your goals here! GET Fit or FITTER

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 1, 2018.

1. meggersjm

meggersjm bunny ears, bunny ears, playing by a tree

updated tracking. not as happy with it as I'd like, but my body is shrinking even if the scale # is not.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this is my hardest part. I went from size 24s to 14, but my weight wasn't the amounts I wanted.
    [​IMG]
    I am changing, my body is getting leaner and thinner, but the scale takes longer to move down!
    I like the idea of muscle, strength and stamina, instead of jelly, blob and exhaustion!

MrsEm and dagi like this.
  3. meggersjm

I could justify that if I was going to the gym. Which I am not. I NEED to get back into that groove.

4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Love these .... I will join you!

5. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Saturday, 8/4/18 checkin:

1 - Reduce Soft drinks to 1 a day ( or none) -- No soft drinks at all
    2 - Drink 60 oz of water a day (or more) - did not accomplish but at least no soft drinks
    3 - At least 5,000 steps a day (or more) - got over 9,000 steps so that is great (went shopping so got in quite a few steps doing that)
    4 - Reduce the sugar intake - I consider this accomplished even though I did have some apple turnovers.

MrsEm and dagi like this.
  6. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I love reading everyone's updates! Keep up the good work lovely ladies ♥.

A little update on me as well.. I want to start keto tomorrow. so, I was looking around Pinterest and bothering Anne with couple more questions :).
    I have egg-bacon muffins ready for 5 more days (breakfast). each approx. 0,5 g carbs so I think I'll be fine with 2 for breakfast plus some tomatoes. I still need to figure out my lunch and dinner. I have got some pumpkin soup in my freezer and a cauliflover so off to Pinterest to find some yummy recipes. wish me luck :D.
    I still try to drink lots of water.. haven't really moved much during the weekend but am about to change this!

MrsEm likes this.
  7. meggersjm

8/6-8/12 goals
    -eat dirty/lazy keto
    -add elliptical, walk, or yoga every day
    -5 water bottles (appx 110 ounces)
    -remember probiotic and vitamins
    -work on a feasible fasting schedule

Let's Go Girls!!!

Monday- yes to all except probiotic and vitamins (why can't I remember???)
    Tuesday- yes to all! I may have a problem with fasting through tomorrow, as it was 8:30p before my small group got over, and I snacked through it. WHAT I ate was fine though, so that's a win.
    Wednesday- yes to all. go me.
    Thursday- yes to all. woo hoo.
    Friday- yes, except for not enough activity.
    Saturday- I think I may have forgotten my probiotic and vitamin. I can't remember, lol. I had a lot of steps, hill climbing, running around!
    Sunday- the scale is down!!! woo hoo! I did not get my exercise in, and at this point in the day it is not going to happen. :( I did good otherwise!

I will say that I am not fasting as well as I had been. My body is telling me it needs something. Water with pink salt and coffee isn't cutting it, so I am breaking the fasts around 14-15 hours. The hunger feels much different than the mindless hunger I had previously though. But since my goal is to "work on it" I guess trying to figure things out counts! as of sunday- I'm still trying things out. I don't feel like I'm failing, but I am learning a lot about myself, my hunger, my habits, etc.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    dagi likes this.
  8. dagi

dagi Aiming high

@meggersjm Megg, do I need to add vitamins/probiotics when on keto? Do you use them regularly?

9. meggersjm

My doctor has always recommended a multi-vitamin. They give me a tummy ache alone, so I have to take them with food, and I forget A LOT. In regards to keto, you are changing the way that you fuel your body. I want to make sure I have all my vitamin needs covered.

Keto often changes bowel function one way or another. I personally think that the probiotic helps to keep me regular on keto or not, so I am going to keep using it. I have heard mixed reviews from doctors. My hubby had a colon resection due to diverticulitis, and his doctor said it did not matter. My family doctor supports using them. I honestly don't think there is a whole lot of research on them. Probiotics are also supposed to help immune function, so I'm all for anything that does that!

dagi likes this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

I take magnesium and potassium supplements. I swim and get cramps in my legs often. I find if I stay up on the supplements, those are not as severe or happen less often. I have a friend who is a personal trainer, she recommended I take them with food or lemon water. I pop a half a lemon in my water every morning. and get some vit c! lol
    Goals this week!
    swim 3times
    water intake
    treadmill 5x

find one new recipe for dinner

dagi likes this.
  11. dagi

dagi Aiming high

here I am, on my first day of Keto and still alive! :giggle

I am so unsure though.. I hope I did everything well.. For breakfast I had 2 of these with some cherry tomatoes from our garden https://cz.pinterest.com/pin/408983209905666451/. Not really impressed, lol! I'll try different spices next time and see. For my lunch I had this cauliflower recipe https://cz.pinterest.com/pin/408983209905680915/, it tasted like heaven! It says 6 servings which I really doubt or I probably had a smaller cauliflower. I will have the rest of it for tomorrow. For dinner I tried the cabbage hash browns (with a bit of bacon and salad leaves) but I probably did something wrong as it was more like a fried cabbage :giggle. But it was tasty anyway!

I drank a lot of water and also some tea, went for a walk and did 1 minute of plank with the assistance of my cats..

I plan to keep up with the keto eating and finding a couple more recipes I could try :fairydance.

Karen likes this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

@dagi you did it! I am jumping up and down in happy for you!!
    that it tasted good is a good thing!!!!
    a walk and planking!
    go girl go!!

dagi likes this.
  13. meggersjm

fried cabbage sounds amazing! I bought a cabbage, lol!

14. AnneofAlamo

Fried cabbage is my go to crave!! I made some tonight, added little onion some jalapenos then spread cheese and avocado. Magnificent.

Karen likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

well i’m on the go slow around here - firstly I pulled muscles in the top of my right foot nearly two weeks ago after wearing some unsupported shoes to a job interview and did almost 5000 steps in them then two nights ago I fell over and bruised my left knee among other injuries. The bright note to all of that is I’ve finally started wearing my sports shoes so hopefully I’ll get into doing more walking soon.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

The one thing I really do need to do is weigh and measure myself - I’ve avoided it every time my dr has asked for years now cause I don’t really want to admit the mess I’m in.

17. AnneofAlamo

Jennifer, it was my doctor who got me on the journey to lose and become healthy. Because I stepped on that scale!
    egads, it helped so so much. Now, I look at it as my starting point!

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

headache did go away after 2 days!!! yay!
    and that is exactly what got me, a party for my son ... only my bad streak last 2-3 weeks! :giggle happy birthday to him!

19. jenn mccabe

I have a hard time with this too. One of the Keto websites suggested MiO - little flavors pods that have 0 sugar and natural flavor. You can just add a little tiny squirt to the water to give it some taste. They are in my grocery store near the iced tea mix/powder drink mixes (like crystal light stuff).

20. jenn mccabe

I haven't had the chance to work out and move since Sat due to all the crazy in my life at the moment. But ... even through all the stress I have stayed true to the diet part. I'm back to the weight loss I achieved after originally starting Keto in late June. So that is good news. Just need to get my feet moving again.