Aug 2021 Monthly Muse Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

[​IMG]
    This month we are going to be exploring the Moon Phases.
    I have week one which will be the Waning Moon.

Monday August 2, 2021 the Moon Phase is
    Waning
    crescent
    30.6%

The moon is called a waning moon when it is in the phase in which its visible surface area is getting smaller. A waning moon occurs between a full moon (when the visible surface is fully round and lit up) and a new moon (when the surface that faces Earth is completely covered in shadow). To wane is to decrease in some way.
    WHAT IS THE SPIRITUAL MEANING?
    forgiveness & surrender
    Spiritually, it is time to get rid of some of those bad habits, stresses, and any negative thinking that you have been experiencing.
    This is also known for signifying gratitude. Instead of looking outwards, focusing on our intentions and actions, we need to be turning that inwards. It’s time to think about how you feel and focus on yourself, where you want to go from here, and generally take a look at yourself as a person.

For me I'm in that stage in my life that would be called an Empty Nester. I have been a stay at home mom for 34 years, and the youngest of my six children is moving out in two weeks. So for me it is time to Reflect on the past and think about the next phase in my life.

[​IMG]
    my journaling for the layout I created for this weeks moon, Waning.
    Aug 2, 2021
    in two weeks time for the first time in 34 years my life as a mom will be changing.
    Kurt, the last of my chicks will be moving out of my home. No more mothering from
    the these four walls that held my family all these years. It will be strange to put myself first... I am going to take some time....

This week I want you to focus on what I talked about, an end stage, waning moon, time to reflect, surrender, forgiveness. What are you letting go of? Your layout doesn't have to have journaling to do this we all know just doing our art alone can accomplish a release & reflection.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to Aug 31, 2021 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon! Every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times.

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Ga_L, cinna, G.J. and 4 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm determined to play along this month so I'll be back soon! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

G.J. and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Gorgeous start to the month of August! Lots of change happening in my life. Got my official retirement date from the US Army-March of 2022. Hubby and I are house hunting in Missouri. Will reflect for a bit on what I need to shed or get rid of. What I need to forgive myself for. May my heart guide my creative process this round.

cinna, G.J. and Cherylndesigns like this.
  4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I am reading a book right now called "Forgiving What You Can't Forget" by Lysa Terkhurst. It's bringing up a lot of reflecting and forgiving and moving on...

cinna and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. Sokee

Awesome looking forward to seeing what you create!
    That is a huge closer for you Lisa! But back to Missouri, that has to make you happy!
    My women’s Bible study group read that book! I know you will get alot out of it, she is an awesome author!

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Wow, Barbara! What a fantastic month this is going to be. I'm such a moon lover and believe that it has many powers over everything, as does the sun. I hope you're looking at this "phase" in your life and a "new moon". Exciting thing are in store for you. It will be different, that's for sure.

7. Sokee

Yes!! I’ve had plenty of years taking care of children…. 34 so I am ready!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

:bk:bk:bk

9. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

What a fabulous challenge Barbara, love your page! Will need to reflect on just what I need letting go and then make a page! :)

G.J. and Sokee like this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@Sokee Interesting. Where did you learn of the moon information?

11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Lisa is really good. :agreeForgiving frees our heart to move on. :angel:wubb

Sokee likes this.
  12. Sokee

Actually Lisa @ArmyGrl came up with the idea for this month and then I just did research on the internet. My information came from a couple of different sites put together.

G.J. and AJK like this.
  13. Smwhite

Smwhite Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in this month... reflection is always a good thing! Excellent challenge! :yup

Inviting-the-Quiet-1web.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    wvsandy and Sokee like this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Here’s mine! When I read your prompt I immediately thought of this quote I found recently. Thanks for the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

G.J. and wvsandy like this.
  15. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

I'm so excited to have found this and want to take part in this challenge.

Sokee and Angela Toucan like this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used your spiritual meaning to show in my layout the throwing away of bad habits, stresses and negative thinking
    [​IMG]

Sokee and wvsandy like this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

awesome! can't wait to see what you create.

Sokee likes this.
  18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

great Muse thank you.
    The muse gave me 2 inspirations
    • waning means reducing in size - so I thought of reducing object sizes moving across the page.
    • the moon gives out less light as it wanes, which led to an idea of an ombre across the page from light to dark.
    As I was thinking about this and saw Soco's new kit I picked it up to create this art journaling piece. I'm currently training my eldest in preparation for independence.
    [​IMG]

Sokee, G.J. and wvsandy like this.
  19. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

20. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much for another wonderful kick-off for a month of Art Journaling Challenges!

[​IMG]

Sokee, G.J., wvsandy and 1 other person like this.