April: Chats and Scraps

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by kim21673, Mar 31, 2019.

1. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

April is here! We just got back from a last minute spring break trip to Virginia! The boys called it a "learning vacation" and weren't too impressed with the idea....BUT they enjoyed seeing Colonial Williamsburg and Historic Jamestowne and Yorktown. I know I walked away from the trip learning some things!

Here is the April calendar. We have a fun month planned and.....DSD is right around the corner!

[​IMG]

Ferdy, cfile, honeyandcheese and 6 others like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@kim21673 Kim.. so glad you enjoyed Williamsburg and Jamestown. I wish I would have known... I would have told you about the Winery there :) We are going there in the morning at the end of the month as I want to take photos of the gorgeous gardens on Duke of Glouscester street and then go to the winery for lunch before heading home. I am about an hour from there and visit a few times a year as it is so beautiful there and it is an easy mini vaca :)

Great calendar of events.. so busy and fun month!!!

kim21673 likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I loved Williamsburg and Jamestown as a 11 year old child back when a lot of restoration was going on in the mid 50s. However, we drove down there from outside Washington DC in an air-conditioned car and hot and humid it was. I had to wonder how the early settlers survived in that heat in their heave clothes. Of course the answer is many of them didn't. It was amazing to have history come to life and think how nearby it was!

kim21673 likes this.