Anyone want to come to my house?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Feb 16, 2016.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Anyone want to come to my house and help me?
    We are at the front end of relocating... AGAIN... and I have been painting / patching / cleaning / shampooing / reorganizing for two weeks straight trying to stage our house! I seriously want a day of sitting on my back side eating dark chocolate, drinking mt. dew, and binge watching on Netflix. My mom has been here the last 2 weekends, and offered to come back next weekend to help. But seriously, I think I can only take so much! She is a hyper planner, and I.... am not. She wants to plan 27 steps ahead, and I want to focus on what I'm doing right now. Bwaaah!! I love her, and I SO appreciate her heart to help us out! But I need a break... and a magical painting fairy who will finish the rest for me!

2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I can totally relate....in a different way. My Mom and little brother have been living with us since the end of January and they are driving me crazy. My brother is a teenager and they argue endlessly. I just want my living room back....and my sanity.

RebeccaH likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ugh, moving. :banghead We moved twice in 15 months, so I get ya. Hopefully you're finished soon so you can relax with some Netflix!

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. RebeccaH

Uggh!!!! Any idea how long they're staying? That would drive me batty! I can barely make it through a weekend!! :giggle

5. RebeccaH

We did that once before, too, so I totally hear ya! We bought a house, and then 10 months later moved again. Not my idea of fun. Yes, it's the light at the end of the tunnel that keeps me going, for sure! I'm really hoping this is our last move for a LONG time!

What were your moves for? Work? Just curious....

Tree City likes this.
  6. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Only wish I could help.....Some help gets tiring, that's for sure. I'm good for slave labor!

RebeccaH likes this.
  7. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh we could all come help and have it all done for you lickty split! :-)

bestcee and RebeccaH like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Buying/selling a house in less than a year?! That's NOT fun. Our first move was for work (DH got a job 1300 miles away) and then the second was cuz we bought a house. We rented at first to make sure (1) DH liked the job and (2) we liked the area--it was a new state for both of us. So we bought a house last spring cuz we figured we're gonna be here for awhile and interest rates were supposed to go up so we thought we better buy instead of sign another yearlong lease.

RebeccaH likes this.
  9. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Yuck! Moving can be so stressful and exhausting! We've done it 9 times in 12 years, so I know your pain! I hope that you are able to finish it up quickly.

RebeccaH likes this.
  10. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I wish the weather has been nicer and I could come and help....but I am one of those people who needs a lot of direction hahah!

RebeccaH likes this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Hopefully only one more week. *crosses fingers* They sold their home and purchased a newer home but the dates just didn't line up. It also doesn't help that her husband is a truck driver so he isn't always available to sign documents when they need him to which has made this process even longer. The stay was only supposed to be for 10 days...and here we are three weeks later. I feel bad for wanting her gone because I'm sure she wants her own space, too, just as badly. I haven't lived with my mom since I was 18 years old and this just goes to show why I moved out as soon as I could. Ha!

RebeccaH and Tree City like this.
  12. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I feel for you! We haven't moved much but we renovated this past year so we moved out of our house (entirely) and then back in 5 months later. That was enough moving for me! I will say that I wouldn't have survived it had it not been for the help of my friends and family (some of whom are professional cleaners!) So, I wish I could help you too!

RebeccaH likes this.
  13. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Good luck!!!!! Moving is so hard!!

14. RebeccaH

I totally don't mind giving direction! As long as we don't have to plan 47 steps into the future!!! :giggle

crystalbella77 likes this.
  15. RebeccaH

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Karen and carrie1977 like this.
  16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We've been here 14.5 years and thought we'd only be here 5 or 6. I really need to pretend that we are moving and just be ruthless about getting rid of stuff. The older I get the more I like the less is more way of life.

RebeccaH likes this.
  17. Chel

Chel Active Member

Moving is always alot of work. That is when you really find out how much stuff/junk you have. Lol!
    Good luck!

RebeccaH likes this.
  18. RebeccaH

I will say, this is one HUGE benefit of moving. You really pare down with each move... you realize very quickly how much stuff gets tucked away that you don't use and don't need. I do lots of donating as we get ready for a move.

19. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I would love to come and help just because it would be so cool to hang out with you. I'm not much help with lifting or painting up high, but I could find something to do. :) Good luck!!!

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Blurgh! If we ever have to move it isn't going to be pretty. We been in this house almost 13 years and have WAY too much space to store stuff. Ha ha! :)