Anyone else severely behind?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by littlekiwi, Jan 15, 2021.

1. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

I do the same thing, work through one at a time rather than jump ahead. It gets too distracting otherwise. Plus doing the minimum requirement for a layout that isn't quite to my taste/style and moving on really helps speed up the process.

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well I've finished the journaling one and I'm going to do the clean and simple one next I think

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yeah! Keep going - one at a time.

4. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

rach3975 likes this.
  5. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

Yep. The filled page is killing me. That, and for some reason, my journaling page keeps crashing Photoshop. Nothing else, just that one page. Moving on to something different now (probably the combined templates - I always love that challenge), and coming back to those later.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yay! You got another one done!! You can do it!:cheer:cheer

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I didn't have very many kits the first year I did MOC, either and I totally understand. I didn't finish that first year either, however I joined after it had already started, so I was behind from the beginning. One suggestion on the photos not matching the papers - try converting the photos to black and white. That usually works for me! I even change them to b & w then use the sliders to give them a sepia look - another thought. You've done a lot of the challenges, so it would be a shame to quit now. You can always change them out after MOC, too. You can change your gallery image after MOC - after you redo your layouts, if you want. Somebody here will be happy to help you do that. Hugs

8. littlekiwi

yes I did, then cranked out 5 job applications afterwards too. Haven’t done anything today but knew the chances of that weren’t high as family home all day today.

rach3975 likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions! I've actually finished the last 3 or 4 MOCs, so if I don't this year it's okay. I do tweak many of the layouts afterward, saving an MOC-friendly copy and a slightly different printable version. But I was feeling like the things I had left to work on weren't pages I could just tweak afterward--I'd be making layouts just for MOC that were going to need to be fully re-scrapped before they went into my albums. I have no problem doing that for a few layouts each MOC, but if it gets to be too many it's working against the real reason I do MOC, which is to make a lot of progress on my annual photobook in a short amount of time. I'm really okay with not finishing, as long as I'm using the extra time to get pages done. That said, today's challenge with combining templates is one of my favorites every MOC, so I'm back working on it!

10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I didn’t get a chance to scrap and catch up this weekend, so I’m 9 behind now. It’s ok though, because my hubby and the girls will be back to work and school tomorrow so that’ll hopefully give me some free time to scrap. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.... errr just keep scrappin’! :giggle

v upload_2021-1-19_8-29-58.gif

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I was just about to post something similar! I know it doesn't count because I am a Polly, but I really try!!!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I was doing well until this week! Now I’m falling behind. Hoping to get caught up in The next few days

rach3975 likes this.
  13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Between this week's SOSN and the birthday sale I was able to buy what I need to complete the challenges that have already been posted and work with the photos I hope to use in upcoming challenges. Now it's a question of whether I can catch up. I'm about 5 behind right now, so that means 15 layouts in 10 or so days. For a slow scrapper like me, that's a lot! I think it will all depend on how many I can finish this weekend.

EHStudios and bestcee like this.
  14. littlekiwi

Think I’m going to have to make a call shortly on whether I complete MOC this year....I’m busy til the 26th now with life and have only done 6 challenges so to complete have 25 to do. That kind of means 5 or so a day the rest of the time I’m free. If I had completed say 15 or so I probably wouldn’t be umming about whether to continue.

rach3975 likes this.
  15. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I feel you! There have been years that I didn't finish, and I am 6 behind now and feeling a little stressed about it. But, I say just keep making pages when you have time. Tackle the challenges in whatever order works for you and see where you end up. Even when I don't finish I end up with more pages in January than I would have otherwise.

julianz and bestcee like this.
  16. littlekiwi

Oh, I definitely will keep going as much as I can...a job interview being pushed back by 4 days hasn’t helped getting anything done, nor has fatigue plus normal life so something had to give and it was the pressure of MOC.

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm now four behind. It's not severely behind, but not where I wanted to be. Hopefully I can catch up some today

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@littlekiwi Do the ones that grab your attention. If you get a bunch done, then evaluate whether you can finish. But at least you'll have done the ones that you liked!

19. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I am 5 behind as I write this. When I get behind, I do the challenges that are the easiest and fastest for me to finish. Knocking out 2 - 3 challenges quickly makes me feel better. Being 2 behind is better than being 5 behind. Now...off to finish 2 more!!! lol!

Good luck ladies! I agree with Courtney. Do the challenges that you enjoy the most and will help contribute to your long term goals of completing photo books. Who knows, by getting more and more done, you may find that you can catch up and complete MOC 9.

rach3975 and bestcee like this.
  20. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

I came to a halt at the same spot as you... too many labor intensive somewhat repetitive things in a row... I think i am still about 4 days behind... but I have been doing the LAD thing at the Studio also and it is done now, so I will have more time to finish off the ones here... I like to have things in order, but am posting things out of order now... , but not adding them to my list until it is time for that day... If it is something that clicks with me I do it... and I leave the harder or more involved ones till when I can actually focus on them... Just posted the interview one... and today I am going to look into the photographing through something challenge.. sounded interesting... I have a working folder that everything goes into in order, and I usually start a page for each day, so it has a holding spot... My beginning title for this series is 2021 MOC day?? challenge name , subject matter... this keeps them all in the same place on the computer, so easy to see at a glance what I need to work on... Hope some of my thoughts are a help to you... Liz