Anyone doing Week In the Life next week?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by heathergw, Sep 7, 2013.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Bummer... just reading this now! Would love to take a stab at this. I wonder what my chances would be if I decided to go it alone next week? :-/

2. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yay Kristin! Glad you are in!

3. Lynnette

Tracie - just start now! You've only missed half of one day...

4. Lynnette

Also - I should add I don't scrap it as I go. It's enough work to simply take photos and notes all day long. I usually put my book together the following week or two, just a two page spread for each day. I don't add any scrappy stuff either, just words and photos to keep it simple. I'd be too overwhelmed otherwise!

5. tkradtke

Okay... you've twisted my arm :-)

I'm starting now... but (if I keep up with it), my plan is to go through this time next Monday, since we have such a set Monday morning routine that I would like to document.

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

so.............any digi doers? what or who's template would you recommend for heavy photos, I am thinking 2 pages each day and a few inserts for the events.

7. tkradtke

I would love to know as well!

8. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Bwahahahahaha!!!! My brain stinks. So I totally forgot until after school when I checked my yahoo mail and saw a couple of emails from designers about AWITL. So I started the photos right after school. :) I'm still in!

9. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

I'm totally digi. I think Joel would kill me if I brought paper supplies into the house again. Ha! I saw these and immediately thought AWITL. I haven't bitten the bullet yet and purchased them, yet, though. I need to go through what I already have and see if there's anything that will work. :)

[​IMG]

ETA: Okay so I think I'm going to get them... ha ha!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  10. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I really like these templates from Sara

there are great prompts and they are really geared for WITL
    [​IMG]

11. AnneofAlamo

oh I have a few of Amy's grids, I think I may try and scrap today, tonight! Cause I am liking taking the pics! lol
    and then look at Sara's! ty both!

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i missed starting this yesterday. not gonna go back and try to catch up because every day is SO crammed full of stuff around here - i would feel like there was this big gaping hole in my album. i might try to start it next monday though...if i remember to do it... off to add a reminder to my calendar now!!

13. Lynnette

Day 2 and I can already tell I won't be taking as many photos today. But that's ok, I always start out super enthusiastic and take photos of everything, way more than I can use!

14. AnneofAlamo

my first two pages!! oh this is so much fun !
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. heathergw

that's totally me too LOL

16. heathergw

YAY Anne!!! That's awesome!!! I love how digi girls could totally do this each night...

Note to self: I think I need to spend each night editing photos and getting them ready for print so that I'm not spending all day Monday doing it...

17. milo82

milo82 milo82

oh that sounds awsome and might have to give it a shot when things are a little more calmer here and I feel better!

18. AnneofAlamo

okay, I figure if I fail today, and never finish the week, I have Day in the LIfe done! bhahahah
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. tkradtke

Okay... my monday is done! Keeping things VERY simple. (oh... I ended up using Lili's 6x6 since I plan on printing smaller)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  20. familybees

familybees Member

I'm doing it! This will be my fourth year, and every time I have to force myself to NOT scrap or blog about it during the actual week. Because that makes it too much. This week is all about recording. I'm taking pictures like a crazy woman and writing down as much as I can. I usually have about 7 pages of journaling (handwritten in a spiral notebook) on Monday, and then it tapers off each day. I think my journaling from last year actually ends mid-sentence on the last day. Ha! But, it's totally worth it. Even if you never do anything with the photos/journaling. Just the process is a great exercise. I only have one completed album (2010). I work on the others from time to time, and hope to eventually have them all done, but if not, it's OK. I will include it in Project Life, but just the highlights. I'll probably do one photo or maybe a collage for each day, and a quick journaling synopsis -- basically what I normally do for a regular PL week. The actual WITL album will be much more in-depth (if I ever finish it!). :)

ETA: My pages will be all digital. I used to try to come up with my own plan, but have found it's just way easier to buy Ali Edwards' WITL set (though, those ones from Sara Gleason look nice too!). I do 8.5x11 and have the pages printed individually. I like that size and using page protectors because I can include papers from school and other random things (take-out menus, receipts, etc. -- though I don't usually have too much of that stuff). For Project Life, I do all digital, and will get them printed as photobooks from Shutterfly. I've done 8x8 and 12x12 in the past, and I just found out they now offer 10x10! Totally trying that size next. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013