Any ideas for excercise at home that is fun?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Ronisdragon, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

Hi ladies,
    I'm hoping for some ideas and motivation. I want to lose some weight and get in better shape. I want to start with adding exercise and not address my diet just yet. To give you an idea I'm about 80 pounds overweight. I don't really like exercise but I used to take Zumba which I loved. I'm thinking of trying some exercise tapes. I looked in to Zumba tapes but they seem super expensive. Can anyone recommend tapes or anything else fun I can do from home? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks so much! Best wishes, Roni

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I got the Zumba DVDs on eBay for not much. Of course, I never even took them out of the package, but that's another story.

3. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I love working out at home. I mostly do Jillian Michaels dvd's. I like to mix it up though, so sometimes I run, sometimes I do a dvd, and sometimes I do weights. building muscle is the best thing because building muscles helps speed up your metabolism and keeps you burning calories all day, so a set of handweights is my go to thing that I would say to buy! Good for you - keep at it, and don't give up!

4. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

For cardio I have done Jillian Michaels DVD's. I do lots of walking lunges, squats, crunches and arm toning with my hand weights at home. If you can actually leave the house for 30 minutes or so, go for a walk or run.

5. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I am on day 13 of the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels) I like it cause it's only 30 minutes and I work hard... I also LOVE Zumba! We have the Wii game and it's fun! I also love belly dancing! My instructor moved her studio across town and I haven't been able to carve enough time in my day to go... and I miss it! Good luck finding something! Check your cable channels... Cox Cable has their "on demand" channel and there they actually rotate several work out programs that you can view (and hopefully try) for free!