All the feels! Crazy 24 hours. UGH.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Aug 7, 2018.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Oh Jenn, I can't imagine! Lena just sent her older boy off too. I was feeling it with each update. So hard. Then, your daughter! I'm so glad someone was there to help. Big hugs to you. I wish I could run you over one of the giant bags of kettle corn I just got from The Boardwalk. I'm pretty sure fresh kettle corn is therapeutic. All my love to your family, positive vibes!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  2. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

What a rough couple of days. I hope you find a bit of time to unwind and decompress soon.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

My Heart Skipped A Beat Reading This!...Life Is So Full Of The Unexpected!...All My Heart & Hugs Goes Out To You & Your Family!...If I Could I Would Give You A Big Hug But I Will Have To Settle For A Virtual Hug...Or Maybe A Bunch Of Virtual Group Hugs From Everyone Here Thinking Of You & Your Family!...Take Care...Hug Much...Love More...

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Phew!...Hope All These Group Hugs Reach You & Your Family Because They Are All Heartfelt...

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thinking of you and your family. What a roller coaster of emotions! I can't even imagine. Big cyber hugs!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Thanks everyone. I don't have the energy right now to respond to all of you individually - but I want to say thank you SO MUCH for the love and support. I definitely need it right now.

Still no call from him though. :thumbsdowns

I'm in a FB group for recruit parents and some of you I'm sure know I'm not a fan of FB - but it's helping. 100's of other parents, etc feeling what I'm feeling so I know I'm not alone.

Appreciate all your kind words and love. :beat

KarenB, carrie1977 and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was thinking about you on Monday Jenn. I am SOOOO glad that you had to opportunity to stay with him and got to see him with the others that are going to be his family at BC. God knew that was what you needed! I LOVE that you already journaled for an awesome page to capture your feelings and memories of this new journey for your son! :) I'm so sorry that you daughter was in an accident and that you had to feel torn between the two, but you totally made the right decision and must be SO thankful to that awesome friend for helping you out!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Hugs, Jenn. You are letting go of your boy who will come back to you as a man. You will be so proud although your relationship will change there're more wonderful days ahead. Like your son, go boldly into that new future awaiting with many wonderful surprises.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Jenn, “all the feels” really does describe your day, wow. Strength to you as you process this stage in your family’s life. Hugs:happyhug

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yowsers, that's a lot all at once! :happyhug But I am thankful for your son and for the others starting their training. I'm sending up a prayer for them and for their families. And I'm glad your daughter is okay. That must have been scary for her. Thank goodness you had a friend whom you could trust to help her out so you could stay at the airport. (But of all the days, amiright?!)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

You have NO IDEA, this 100%. The crazy thing is 98% of the time, both husband and I are home. He works from home. We are almost always nearby!

A good samaritan pulled over and stayed with my daughter until my friend got there too. She took care of my girl while she waited for our friend and when my daughter was alone and terrified. She was the one to first call me bc my daughter couldn't even communicate in those first moments.

About a year ago, I was the one who stopped for a distraught teen girl crying hysterically bc her car was in the middle of the beginning intersection into a shopping plaza with a broken down car. I flagged down a man in a truck to stop and help me get her car out of there - to safer spot out of the way, so she could wait while her family came to get her.

It's so important to be present in what is going on around you. You never know who may need you - I needed this woman so much Monday. And am eternally grateful for her! :beat

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@jenn mccabe Oh dear one, praying for your heart, praying for your son's safety and success, and praying for your daughter's health and emotions as she processes the accident. What a stressful day! You made it through it, though. So just chalk that up as another tough thing that you conquered!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Gosh Jenn!! What a whirlwind of emotions ~ heartache and hope all wrapped up in to a few days!! I'm so glad you were able to spend precious time with your son (I'm sure he appreciated it as much as you did!)
    One of my friend's (aka co-worker) son joined the military last year and she was a basket case to say the least. There were many days of tears and worry that she shared with me - but little by little things calmed down for her. Once her son found his own peace of mind, it helped her tremendously! He's now overseas and that leads to a whole different realm of emotions and concerns for her, but he's happy and doing what he wants, and that too, makes her feel at ease.
    I will be whispering prayers for peace for you and your family and for a smooth transition into a "new life" for your son! Very thankful your DD wasn't injured and that you had a friend that could take care of her! Sending you big cyber hugs my dear friend!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

@jenn mccabe
    ((huge hugs))
    So hard, I know how it is! It is a situation where you are feeling a mix of emotions, you are so proud of them but at the same time it is hard to let go!!
    We were there with our Anna, and got to witness her husband’s swearing in and departure. It broke my heart to see her say goodbye to him!
    Start your pile of cards and letters and have them ready to go as soon as he calls with his address. For Justin they were allowed a call that basically was them telling you their information and no time for anything else. Be prepared for that may happen for you.
    I had days when I would write down the time and what Anna was doing at that moment. He said he loved getting those as they made him feel like he spent that day with her. Not sure if that is something your son would like?
    Take care and please PM anytime!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Wow Jenn, I'd have been in a fetal position too! I've dropped kids off at college -- but military is different. Hugs to you and what a wonderful son you have raised. Grateful you had a friend to call for your daughter!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

What a fully charged emotional day for you hunnie. I hope all is okay now and you’re finding a new normal. Hugs for ya xo

16. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness Jenn - so many hugs to you!! What an emotional wringer you have been through; I can’t even imagine it. I am so relieved to hear your daughter is OK, but that is a super scary phone call to receive no matter what. I am glad that seeing the other young men and parents helped to put your mind somewhat at ease about the army experience. I will be thinking of your brave young man at boot camp. Hopefully you can take it easy and give yourself some self care this week? You’ve been through a lot!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Hopefully the worst is over by now. Sending you good vibes and a big Ginormous hug!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Lots of hugs on a tough day, glad your daughter is ok and your son will be ok!
    One of my close friends just went through sending her son off to the military academy but it was a bit surreal for her as the academy is here so she was only ever 15min away from him but no communications for the first couple of months. He struggled at first but once they settled into a routine, he was fine.

More love and hugs, these separations are always worse for the parents... xxx

jenn mccabe likes this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hugs Jenn! So much to go through in one day.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Oh no! I wish we were all together so that we could hug and eat cake, virtual hugs!

jenn mccabe likes this.