All talk ! Pad Patter 9 Aug

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Aug 9, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I fight with the printer so much that sometimes I buy cards instead as I would rather not have the aggravation LOL since the windows update it took about 3 hours for my printer to work right.. we installed reinstalled the printer twice and then had to reinstall the windows update as it would not print in color and would not allow me to change to color.. I have issues with my printer and networking with DH's computer etc everytime there is a windows update.. my laptop does something screwy and then we have to figure out what to fix "this time" to get it to work again, LOL UGH

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:rollinOf all the appliances here that need to be 'morning people' and self starters, the toaster is one of them but it still regularly gets spoken to 'you call that toast?! that's just warm bread!', and then I realise DD has beat me to it and turned the settings down to defrost basically b/cos she is happy with warm bread rather than toast - i really owe the toaster lots of apologies!

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

not at all, i'm sure they understand some, if not the tone anyway - half my conversations involve the resident bird, even if he doesn't talk back all the time (and just answer with his half a dozen phrases), he will chirp in agreement or disagreement, although most of his 'i understand what your saying' moments are related to food - the word 'peas' causes much flying around in excitement, and disappointment if he misheard it (ie.'please', 'peace', someone announcing they need to pee :giggle)

KarenB likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

totally not my intention but this thread has made me realise i'm definitely not the only one with printer issues and LOL at buying a card instead! it really drives me crazy when after all the warmup and thinking fuss, it then puts up the exclamation mark symbol and says ' you might be out of magenta', because i know even if i have a spare magenta in the cupboard (which i try to do), it'll then require more alignment and fuss after i change it out! And from an enviro standpoint, canon apparently changed their ink electronic chip reading capabilities or something and so where i used to go get my ink cartridges refilled rather than throwing them out and buying new ones, the refill place can't guarantee they'll work anymore (so far it hasn't been too bad) and i wonder whether changing the magenta is even really necessary or just a glitch with the refilled and reset ink cartridge chip - out of all my digi and tech things, iknow my printer is the most talked to out of frustration! :giggle

cfile likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

yep all the time, 99% of the time it’s aimed at a piece of technology

bellbird likes this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@bellbird I kid you not but last week I wanted to throw everything out the window LOL!!!

bellbird likes this.