Album with just one kit, anyone?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Aerobigirl, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Has anyone done an album using just one digital kit, or a very few kits?

I would love to see what your album looks like (no matter what topic) so I can get inspired on how you used the kit to accent your photos.

I typically scrap kind of randomly, but for the bulk of my Greece album, I want to try one kit. If you have a kit you love that's good for outdoors, beaches, hot/dry scenery, please share what you used. Thanks!

Here are most of the colors of my photos.

[​IMG]

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I have to make a disclaimer...I'm the worst at sticking to a single kit for one layout, so I can't imagine trying to stick to one for a single album, and I've never been to Greece, so I could be WAAAAAY off LOL

But I'm thinking maybe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am doing my New Hampshire / Massachusetts album from our trip last month with one collection. I am using Viewpoint from Memory Pockets Monthly. I have picked up all of the add-ons and I am getting the Viewpoint kit with my MOC gift card. Because of the add-ons, it is bigger than a traditional kit, but because it is a MPM collection, it is all completely cohesive like one kit would be.

suzyqscraps, Aerobigirl and jk703 like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't think I could do that! I mix and match kits for each layout!

Here are some kits that are big and might work for your photos!

[​IMG]

You could also go with Treasured since there are two parts - the places and the people.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I know I couldn't do that for a whole album. But I love some of these kits that are posted! It would have to be a BIG kit for me. I get bored easily and need to change things up. LOL

Aerobigirl and jk703 like this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm currently working on one with no kits... just some of Lynn Grieveson's templates... here are a couple of pages, there are a few more in my gallery....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But I'm doing this as more of a coffee table photo book type of book. I will probably scrap a more personal album at some point with a mishmash of kits.

Here are the templates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

flowersgal, LynnG, Cristina and 2 others like this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Awesome photos! I think Santorini is a magical place, but I'm biased, since I'm Greek. :-)
    I went there for the last time 16 years ago. I didn't have a digital camera back then, and now the paper photos are just bad...
    Anyway, here are some suggestions for you. Images are linked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is not summer related, but those colors speak to my heart.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aerobigirl likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No specific kit suggestions but I have done an "album" with all one kit. The album was my "Week In Review" from 2008-2010 where I took pictures on a daily basis and did a layout of them each week. I made the album simple, using the same template each week. I chose a kit that had over 60 papers in it. That gave me the variation I needed so each layout didn't look exactly the same. The other thing though is that I used no elements on the pages. The papers were the big thing for me.

I think the thing to do if you want to use one kit is find one with lots of papers. Changing those up can make a big difference in how the layouts look but it will all flow seamlessly since it is one kit. So you might have to look at a collab or a designer that has several kits that tie together (I have some of those from both BellaGypsy and Kristin Aagard).

LynnG, Angela Toucan and Aerobigirl like this.
  9. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I really love this Tracie! As much as I love digiscrap, this simple clean look is just beautiful.

10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I tried one time to do a simple 30 day Thankful type book. After about 10 pages, I was gave up on the single kit idea. Some kits don't have the variety you need. Collabs would give you that.

I have found that Lynn Grieveson's kits tend to have similar color palettes, making them very easy to combine on a single page. She has lots of blues, pinks, reds, with green and yellow being the next dominant colors. Actually, now that I think about it, that (similar colors/similar style) is probably true of most of our designers. For example, Paula Kesselring likes bright, bold colors. So one way to approach this is to browse your stash by designer and see what 3 or 4 kits would work together from a designer based on similar color palettes or topics.

11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@BevG I do the same thing with BellaGypsy and Kristin Aagard kits. I can't tell you how many times I have combined Kristin's Jungle Boogie and Zoo Day for layouts. They mesh so nicely. I once did 11 layouts for my day at Cedar Point using Kristin's Amusement Park. But they all looked different unless it was a double page spread for 1 ride.

Using less kits makes scrapping go faster too ;)

BevG and Aerobigirl like this.
  12. Aerobigirl

You have some really cool ideas. Thanks! I especially like the "not quite white" and the "wind whispers."

13. Aerobigirl

The MPM would be a good choice. I have a few of them from early 2017 and I re-subscribed during MOC6. Viewpoint looks like a versatile kit. Thanks!

GlazeFamily3 likes this.
  14. Aerobigirl

The "Life is an Adventure" kit looks like it could go with just about anything. I like the brights. Would also be good for my bungy jumping album! I have the world traveler templates and I like them! Thanks for your ideas!

jk703 likes this.
  15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks Desi! I love a scrappy page myself, but I'm loving this album and how quickly the pages are coming together. I'll do the scrappy album later (thankfully I kept a notebook during the trip, so I have all of the stories recorded already).

16. Aerobigirl

Agreed. I don't want to be bored. Scrapping is supposed to be fun for me since I don't do it for hire any more. One kit scrapping isn't my typical style. Truth be told, I'm a "pick the photos for that layout, buy the kit for that layout" kind of scrapper, LOL. But I've done two albums that were with very limited supplies, both traditional paper scrapbooking. My parents' 50th anniversary album was 2 solid papers (their wedding colors), brushed gold metallic paper, one floral patterned paper, three rubber stamps, and clear page pockets that I hand stitched to the pages with white embroidery thread. Was I bored stiff? YES! I was bored stiff! But the project turned out beautifully.

LynnG, Cherylndesigns and Serena like this.
  17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I did our Europe trip with the same pages/elements, but it's not TLP products, so I can't show it.

Aerobigirl likes this.
  18. Aerobigirl

I've seen a few of your pages and I think they're quite lovely. I wish I had had a digital camera when I was in Paris! I will take a look through more of Lynn's templates. I am really liking the sharp shooter templates.

19. Aerobigirl

Santorini was amazing!!! I'm glad I had a digital camera for this trip, but I hear you about not having one. We did a lot of our traveling when we were first married and didn't have one. "Just Breathe" has a really nice color palette for Santorini. Thanks for your ideas!

cinderella likes this.
  20. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm horrible at sticking with one kit!!! So I feel you one this. There's lots of "neutral" kits out there you can use to mix and match without looking weird.

PRD has some lovely neutrals as well as Mommyish has that kit "An Extra Day- Bundle" that's fairly neutral!