ACDSee help/folders

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nativescrapper, Oct 8, 2012.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Hi:)

I have another question with ACDSee. Im going to add to pix to show you what I would like it too like to what I have already.

This is what it looks like when I click on the Alpha. On the RIGHT side of the screen.
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like when I click on the Alpha. On the LEFT side of the screen.
    This is what I would like to see when I click on the Right side. But instead I get single letters instead of alpha in folders.
    [​IMG]

Does your Organizing show it like A or B???

2. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Yes..when you click it on the left you are looking at the individual subfolders you have in your alphas folder...when you click it on the right you are looking at all of your items tagged with alpha. What I do is just tag the a in each alpha so I have a basic idea of what each alpha looks like (including the ones that are part of kits so I don't have to separate them out).

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm not sure how well I explain things like this.

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

^WSS

If there's a separate alpha preview in the folder, I tag that instead of the letters themself.

orrrr, before you tag them, you can select all the letters, and do create -> contact sheet and it will make a jpg of all of them for you to tag.

4. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

What they said! I tag the alpha preview if there is one. I used to make contact sheets but now find it easier to tag the a, b and c for the alpha. Like Sarah said, that gives me an idea as to the style and color of it.

I will say that on the right, all I have is a folder marked alpha, no real sub folders underneath it. To pick one, I'll click the arrow for alpha and then one for yellow. Or I'll click alpha and then Lilypad to pick one.

It's always interesting to see how others do things.

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I also only have one for alpha, but I also have "numbers" as a sub folder, so I can tag the alphas that also have numbers with them. I find a lot of times I'm looking for numbers (especially for P365) and it's helpful for that.

6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

oh that's so smart! I think I'm going to start doing that.

7. nativescrapper

Phewww! :) Im doing it right then...lol. I thought I was messing up somewhere. I was hoping it would look like the folders, but I guess I will keep going on how I have it :)
    Some of my Alpha dont have folder so Im just tagging the "a" so I know how it looks like too ;) But I didnt think to add another folder for numbers *thanks :) * Im going to add that too :)

I found out its easier if I click on Lilypad Designers and tag them to the Lilypad and then individually too. Like each designer. Then when I added them to the alpha they where already tagged to the Lilypad and also to the designer. Then when I finished that I clicked on all the Alpha and tagged it all to Alpha.
    Is this how you do it too?

I had all my scrap items separated and into there own catagories before I started at TLP or even had ACDSee. But I stop that along time ago since I started at TLP. Which I will start on today. Should be fun :) Im dreading the paper part though, I have like alot of them.

Thanks girls for answering my question above :) your the best :)

8. nativescrapper

Made sense to me :)

9. nativescrapper

I was almost done with the Alpha last night *tagging* and came to ask my question here. I have been adding the "a" to the tagging for the ones that dont have previews and "1" for the numbers who dont have previews either. Wish they all had previews :)

Im interested in seeing how others do there thing too :)