A little lift....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by jk703, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I thought you all might need some encouragement! After the post about struggles, and then some groaning about tough (for you) requirements, I want to hear about good things. We all can overcome the challenge, we just have to figure out a way around the blocked path!

Being positive is a way of life for me. I don't really like negativity, or dwell on things that didn't go my way. I try to pick myself up, give myself a shake, and push forward positively. I think that finding the silver lining of a situation really makes for happier people, and a better ability to adjust your situation. :)

So...
    Did one challenge surprise you in a good way?
    Did you create a layout was an instant favorite?
    Did you create a layout for a hard challenge that you abosolutely LOVE?
    What is something that can turn your sour mood to a positive one?
    Did you overcome a challenge?
    Does chocolate help? or another treat? :giggle

[​IMG]

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh the inspiration challenge, I still look at that board and things just pop out and make me want to scrap!

yes, yes, j is for JOY the very first one...

Did you create a layout for a hard challenge that you absolutely LOVE?

I am working on day 11 now, well I will in 31 minutes...ha ha hurry up 8am and am in love with the concept!

I try to stay away from sour, but I have a funny word that my kids will say to me if I get grumpy.
    Mouflon Sheep.

They will say the word and rub my hand. Makes me laugh every time. There is another word, a street behind the mcdonalds in Carlsbad, New Mexico: Halagueno, I seriously laugh every time I hear it or say it.
    halagüeño
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Let's just say there is one coming...insert scary music.
    [​IMG]
    Does chocolate help? or another treat?

I am currently in healthy mode, so have almonds and cranberries to snack on, but they don't work as well as chocolate! tee hee

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    bjthomas, LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  3. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

I just loved the ATC challenge! I had never done one and it was so fun to just make something creative like that!

Karen and jk703 like this.
  4. jk703

I loved the Mood Board challenge. I usually get stumped, but this one was very inspiring.

Yes.... I loved my ATC card!!!

Yes... it's my own challenge (coming). :giggle I struggled through it, but for some reason was stumped with the photos I chose, not the actual challenge. I LOVE how it turned out though!

Music, silly memes, funny gifs and videos.

I will do all the challenges, my thing to overcome currently is time and focus! LOL!

Chocolate is yummy... but I need my Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi!

5. jk703

Anne... I will have to listen at lunch! I can't wait to giggle!
    @AnneofAlamo

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  6. sparagus

sparagus "I accidentally slept with a call girl"

So one of the biggest things that stands out to me doing MOC challenges is the amazing variety of layouts that I have when I am done. It broadens my horizons to try new things, and the technique challenges always give me a new tool! My layout for the blind scrap was an instant favorite for me!

7. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

i love trying different things, i tend to struggle with the technique challenges . i don't usually make atc but i loved the result.

Karen, LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  8. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I'm not good at journaling, but am surprised at how easy the journaling challenges have been so far. Hope it continues that way!

Yes, the styling title challenge. Never though about styling my titles; so not only was I instantly in love with the way the title came out, I love the whole layout!

See answer two. I'm not good at using styles.

My silly little dog and the way she cocks her head when she looks at me.

If I had to pick one, it would be the ATC. Had to learn how to size it.

I KILL FOR CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! :furious:gun

jk703 likes this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

how I have missed you

10. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I missed everyone too!!! If I leave again, please kick me you know where!!!!

11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I really enjoyed the drop cap challenge from yesterday. I grumbled about it (in my head) because I had no idea what photos I would use and what story I wanted to tell.
    The drop cap one. It came out looking so clean and like I planned it all on purpose that it honestly shocked me. I love the look of that page (although I'm not sure I'll get that lucky twice... lol!)
    The first challenge was hard for me. I wasn't at all sure what to do for my letter. Once I picked a direction though, I love how it turned out.
    Dr. Pepper? I don't keep it in the house anymore, but sometimes I have to make an emergency run to 7-11.
    As primarily a pocket scrapper, all of these have been challenges so far in some way... I love pushing myself though.
    Chocolate always helps.

Karen, LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Love those smilies! I've been dying to use them and you did perfectly!

Karen likes this.
  13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

There is a high school near us called Von Steuben and there is also a Von Steuben Day Parade.... my daughter cannot hear Von Steuben without bursting out into a fit of giggles. I'm not sure why it is such a trigger for her, but it is.

Karen likes this.
  14. jk703

Totally me... and every ATC that I've made, I've LOVED! I think the ease of that little canvas! lol!

Karen likes this.
  15. jk703

I love reading your responses! They lift me up as well to see that others see positive! :) Thanks you all!
    :hi5

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Did one challenge surprise you in a good way? Yes, Challenge #10 (Drop Caps). I didn't think I would enjoy that one as much as I did. It was something I never do so it was fun to try something outside my norm.
    Did you create a layout was an instant favorite? The page I used for the Drop Caps Challenge. I love my dog, Taz, and his sweet friend, Ava, so the page of their doggie love was an instant fave.
    Did you create a layout for a hard challenge that you abosolutely LOVE? I haven't found any of the challenges hard yet but I know it's coming (insert scary suspenseful music here); probably Anne's challenge :)
    What is something that can turn your sour mood to a positive one? A snuggle with Taz.
    Did you overcome a challenge? My latest challenge is my weight which has crept up over the last couple of years so I'm happy to say I'm back on WW and down 5 lbs this last week.
    Does chocolate help? or another treat? Chocolate is the cure for anything. I am trying to find a healthy single serving chocolate treat I can make that is lower in calories. I'm going to try a chocolate mug cake.

LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm generally an easygoing, positive person who doesn't like to complain too. My complaints this week have been good-natured. :D

Did one challenge surprise you in a good way? I wasn't inspired very much by the inspiration board (or maybe just too busy that day) so when we did the speed scrap that evening I was very impressed with how we were guided by the instructions to fulfill the challenge requirements. :yesss

Did you create a layout was an instant favorite? I'm not sure I'd say "instant" because it was time-consuming, but the layout I made for "All About" on the 8th felt like it would be my favorite soon after I started gathering the content for it, and indeed, so far, it's my favorite. :love

Did you create a layout for a hard challenge that you abosolutely LOVE? None of the challenges have been truly hard yet. I suppose the techniques that have been new to me, like drop caps, were kind of hard. And I really like my drop caps layout a lot.:heartlub

What is something that can turn your sour mood to a positive one? Finding a way around the annoying requirement. When I was told I could only have one photo for the blind scrap (I asked), I made up for it by filling the page with journaling.:happydance

Did you overcome a challenge? Yes. The inspiration board was the page I finished latest in the day. (I've finished every challenge on the day it's posted so far.) The biggest challenge to overcome for me was the clean & simple layout and I just did it to get it done. Funny, I actually like the page the way it is, after all. :wub

Does chocolate help? or another treat? I'm more of a fan of potato chips. :p

18. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I really loved putting together my About this layout and playing with my stash. I am usually a one kit wonder, so that was fun. I should do it more often.

Yes, that About this.

The ATC and clean & simple were tough for me and I am happy with what I made, but not thrilled.

Watching cat videos, and @AnneofAlamo's gifs.

The one I took longest to get around to was the Clean and Simple one.
    After that I used new goodies from creative teams for challenges.
    New stuff is always fun and motivating!

Always chocolate.

AnneofAlamo, LoveItScrapIt and jk703 like this.
  19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I didn't know how the drop caps challenge was going to turn out for me but then I came up with a way to make it more 'me' & now it is one of my new favorite pages.

Did you create a layout that was an instant favorite?

See above. :)

I am waiting for the double page challenge. Those are always hard for me since I don't do double pages except in PL. I usually really like them once I get through them, though.

My 2 1/2 yo learned how to snort on cue this week. It is the greatest joy in my life at the moment. Imagine him & his 7yo sister snorting in near unison in the van on the way home from school. :giggle :giggle :giggle

I posted a video of it on my IG account. You can come follow me at leeandra37 if you want to see it for yourself. You'll be glad you did. :bunny

Is there anything that chocolate doesn't help?!

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

The atc was a great challenge, had never heard of them and I enjoyed making my card!!!

Yes, my layout yesterday is stealing my:beat:heartlub at the moment so far.

[​IMG]

I haven't hit that "hard" Lo yet...lol

Music and my husband!!!!

Not one for MOC yet.

Chocolate always helps!!! lol.

jk703 likes this.