A Kit/Element Credit question

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by DisneyMom, Jun 5, 2018.

1. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

If I were to do a layout using a whole bunch of one kind of element (such as flowers) from all different kinds of kits. Do I need to list every kit or can i just credit it like Flowers from various kits by (name all the designers)?

2. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I very rarely stick to just one or two kits; I make sure I list every single kit I use in the credits, even if it looks like a novel LOL

bellbird, cfile and Tree City like this.
  3. DisneyMom

Thanks - this will certainly resemble a University thesis paper...LOL. I'm a kit scrapper but had an idea for a LO that won't allow me to use just one or two kits.

bellbird and bbymks5 like this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

*giggles* I've had some credits like that too! I always tell myself to stick to ONE kit, but yeah, there's so many amazing things in my stash it makes it hard!

bellbird likes this.
  5. DisneyMom

Ended up using 10 kits!
    [​IMG]

Iowan, Danyale, bestcee and 9 others like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's so cute! I usually use lots of different kits, too.

DisneyMom likes this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I would list the kits that are still on sale. Then I'd list the remaining credits as items from retired kits by designers .....

bellbird, cfile and DisneyMom like this.
  8. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Fantastic page! I list every kit from every designer. Even if I’ve just used a staple from a kit, I’ll list it, as well as link it to the store page (no offsite linking though). I do note if a kit is retired. @DisneyMom

bellbird and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@DisneyMom Did you get that link I gave to you in yesterday's chat for PhotoShop with the free Supply tracker script? If you need it just holler. I list everything, and that tracker seems to help on long lists oof credits as long as the elements and papers are listed in the layer pallet. I "Place" my objects into my workspace so the item name is listed in the layer. (File>Place Embedded) which will also allow for it to be a smart object too! Hope this helps!

(And I link mine as Margaret (@londoncuppa) said, but also as she said we do not allow off site linking.)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    londoncuppa, bellbird and DisneyMom like this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

it sounds like a pain i know if you are planning a massive mix and match, but i think of it as writing references or footnotes as i would in a piece of formal writing - instead of crediting someone's published ideas or justification for my statements, I'm just crediting other people's (designers) input into my creation - if they didn't make stuff, i wouldn't have a page.
    Additionally i know it has helped others find certain products from my pages before.
    With mix and match, sometimes my credits look like this https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/dlp-carousel-right.318120/

londoncuppa and cfile like this.
  11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I can only say it again (and I know everybody is tired of it already, :blush )...I highly recommend Anna Forrest's credit tracker (if you use PS that is).

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have some very long credit lists but I haven't bothered with a tracker. I just have good typing skills and a big screen (so it's easy to scroll through my palette and type the credits; the palette scrolls even though my browser window is the active one. I use an Apple Magic Trackpad, but I think it'd work that way with an ordinary mouse too.)

13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I open a file from my PC's notepad and write down what I'm using, so I can save this file and use it later, specially when I need to post a page for a special ocasion like challenges, byoc's release, sosn, and I'm at work, without access to my scrap supplies!!
    and yes, I do credit everything, even if it's a loooong list!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I haven't been able to get it to work on pscc lately.
    So, I stick to the free one above that Christa mentioned, or I do it the Cheryl way.
    As I pull from a kit, I copy and paste the kit name onto file info as I go.

cfile likes this.
  15. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

That's a real bummer, Courtney. It runs ok on my CC.

16. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

^^^that's what I do. It's easy for me and running an action isn't always possible cuz I delete my TIFF before posting my LO (esp. if it's a CT page that I made a week or so before posting). I wasn't able to drag-and-drop items and keep their file names until getting PS CC (I used to have PSCS3), and while I don't rely on a layer's name to make my notepad file, I do like having that info to double-check.

17. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

P.S.... super cute new siggie and avi! You are looking adorbs!

And yes @DisneyMom , I think it's important to credit every kit and designer. It not only helps other scrappers find the kit you used for their own pages, but gives the designer the credit they deserve (and in allowing others to find the specific kit...it may lead to a sale for them).

The great news is that most of the designers here do a fabulous job labeling elements so I just peek at my layers panel at the end of a page and can easily find the kits to credit and link up!

Great question, though! Thanks for asking!

cfile and Tree City like this.
  18. DisneyMom

I ended up looking at my layers panel and jotting them down. In the past I have been specific and listed what element from what kit was used, however they are all buttons. Lol. I hope I credited this layout ok.

cfile likes this.