30 Day Shred anyone?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by lynning, Oct 5, 2012.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i've been needing to get back into something also... but i'm starting a new job tomorrow, so my work schedule is going to be changing. between that and training the new puppy, i'm thinking this week might not be the wisest time to throw something else into the mix... maybe in a few more weeks once i've established a good routine.

good luck with it ladies!!

2. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Day 4 today. Level 1.

Note: if you're just starting the Shred on Monday, before you begin the DVD, please remember to do thorough stretches, esp of your hamstrings and quads if you're at a desk all day. Otherwise you'll have a hard time walking the next day! The stretch Jillian gives you at the beginning and end of the DVD aren't enough to do the job well.

3. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Day 1 - Level 1 : Did it !!!!
    Had a hard time but I did it.

4. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

awesome, my fam finally left, I'm going to go change and do it now. and your post just gave me that last shove in the Be-Hind that I needed! :D

5. abandy

abandy abandy

I've started 30Day Shred before, but never gotten off of level 1.

I'm wanting to do some sort of combination of swimming, running, and possibly 30 Day shred-- hmmm. Maybe I'll start a week behind you ladies!

Does anyone play any of the "Dance Games" on their Wii/Xbox? I'm a big fan of "Just Dance" and once I find a song/combination of moves that I like, I can play the game for hours. There was one week where I played for just an hour each night and lost 5 pounds-- without even intending to lose weight. The hubby and I were just having fun playing. Now THAT's a workout.

6. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

WOW! I totally fell off the planet or something!! I tried to use my shred DVD... apparently my WonderTwins used it to play hockey, so it won't play. :(

I started running. I've decided to run a marathon in October 2013. I'm also riding for Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan in July 2013 in the WAM300 (three hundred miles in three days). So, I should be skinny by June! LOL

Now, after 4 days of working out for a minimum of 30 minutes each day - why is the number on the scale going up and not down?? *sigh*

7. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Rotator cuff injuries are the WORST! I had surgery September 21, 2011 - repair and bone spur removal. OUCH! I still have days when the ol' shoulder says, "You shouldn't do that!" Good luck with the shoulder... have you seen an orthopedic surgeon yet? Physical therapy? It's a very long road.

So far, running and bicycling aren't bothering it too much. I have a cross training day tomorrow (in other words, no running) so I think I'm going to do Insanity - hubby survived the first video for 2 1/2 minutes. I think I might be able to make it 20 minutes. :)