100 Days Project?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Mylinn, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Anyone else trying this (now or previously)? I hope to push all the way through and have a create something daily habit at the end. Not sure my idea to do something/anything in Photoshop will turn out to be good or painful, lol.

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

....did someone say "project" ?! I've not heard of this. Please explain!

berniek likes this.
  3. Mylinn

100daysproject dot co dot nz
    I tripped across it in a several year old blog post while hunting journal quilting info. You do the same thing every day for 100 days (create). Not so much to have 100 things but to create every day, build habit and so on. I know next to nothing about it - but saw lots had done a version of it (several sites have offered one). The best explanation was from the great discontent blog "It’s a celebration of process that encourages everyone to participate in 100 days of making. The great surrender is the process; showing up day after day is the goal. For the100-Day Project, it’s not about fetishizing finished products—it’s about the process."

It seems very good timing for me to start this tomorrow. I'd been trying to do the CY365 prompts with either a photo I took, an AJ LO or some type LO with a photo pulled from Flickr. I just can't get the every day bit down, grrr. . . dare I? lol

klee73010 likes this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

100 days is a really long time, if I'm honest. It was hard enough to get MOC done, and the AJ challenge in October. LOL.
    HOWEVER... if you broaden your definition to "create" and leave out what exactly you want to create, then that makes it easier. When you find yourself in bed on day 11 having not made any one thing, you can doodle for 5 minutes. Or... "create a healthy sleep space by ridding my mind of negativity" or something. It sounds like a fun challenge... one I'll probably do someday, but not now. haha.

Mylinn likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

30 days is a challenge for me. LOL

I don't know if this time of the year is the best time for a 100 day challenge, but it sounds intriguing.

Did you register @Mylinn or are you just doing it on your own? I saw that registration closed on the 20th.

Mylinn likes this.
  6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

There is another at the100dayproject.com that doesn't have a registration cutoff. #enabler. :giggle

I'm doing 100 Days of Characters: Real or Imagined. (To help with my fiction writing.)

Mylinn and Lindzee like this.
  7. Mylinn

I'm trying hard not to be sure I'll drop out, lol. I did get registered and then forgot it existed. Due to a sign in glitch, a second welcome email popped up, reminding me. Early this morning I realized that I have wanted to play with fonts (being inspired by) and can't use text in PS very well yet . . . I just might make a new sign each day that simply says something like: I did this on Day X. Change the font, size, placement, and/or add digiscrapping as I feel inspired. That would be creating :) And might be enough prompt/sameness to get me past those 'what muse' days. . .

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think it's wonderful! I love the idea "Do something quick, creative, and do it without fear." What a wonderful way to encourage yourself to learn new things and practice your art!

I think I would love this. My first inclination is to make an excuse that I couldn't possibly start now, but I think I will. I love the idea of making time for creativity regardless of what's happening in my world.

Mylinn and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, I love that the second place has no deadline to register! WooT!

I just signed up and will be doing one layout per day for 100 days! Just the push I need to get going again!

scrapsandsass and Mylinn like this.