0125 - Week 4 Check In

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by rdjrneace, Jan 25, 2016.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Well I did OK over the weekend; got outside in the snow with the grandkids and exercised some (not as much as I had been doing - back was bothering me). Back to the grind today and I did a good job of planning my food so all is good.

My weight was actually the same as last week but I did discover that I probably was not eating enough and was told my body was holding on to everything since I was not eating my full calorie allotment (sounds weird but I can see where it might happen). My goal this week is to make smart choices but eat my calorie allotment.

How did everyone do over the weekend?

chloe_digiscrap and klee73010 like this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Sunday was a flop (again). Seems to be my "downfall day", where we just do NOT want to eat the healthier things we have available, but would rather skip them for eating out. I made bad food choices all week, where I'd skip meal calories so I could have the cookies/candy instead. Lost 2 lbs, but not in the right way, so I'm not feeling all that great about it. Blah.

So anyway. This week. Back to the good stuff. Getting ready to go run for the day. Preparing for vacation, and planning to run while on vacation so as not to lose momentum. :)

3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

We stayed pretty on track all week for healthy food. My activity has pretty much stayed stagnant, but at least not going down. Should be warmer this coming week so walks will be possible without freezing to death. My sleep has improved a lot over this last week. It's practically normal, so that's good.

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I was sicka then a dog all weekend and lost 4 pounds bhahhah...eggs and toast today, and tomorrow, I will walk and hold onto the loss? lol

5. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

I've gained a big ammount of weight but I'm getting back on track. My scale's battery is dead so that will help me focus on what I do rather on what the scale says, which is good. It's depressing when you have the feeling to do ok, maybe not well, but ok, and the scale tells you a big "Heck NO!!"

6. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I am fading a little bit on my food goals, which I know is the biggest part of staying healthy, so I need to recommit to cleaning it up! 80/20 - I need to remind myself to eat good 80% of the time, and enjoy a little splurge 20% of the time. Hard to do - wish it was the other way around! :) Still keeping up on my steps - most days I am getting well over 10,000! And water intake is going so-so...could still up my intake. Most of my water comes by way of green tea, which I drink a million cups a day of, not sure if that fully counts?!

7. rdjrneace

I read something the other day that said you should have at least 100 oz of water to help you loose weight.

8. rdjrneace

I have to say for those that have a fitbit or some other type of "monitor" I just love it. I have been participating in some fitbit challenges and it really has got me moving. Today I reached 15000 steps which is a first for me. I have an office job so I sit 90% of the day and now with the fitbit challenges I am going in early to walk; walking at lunch and then getting another 30 minutes in evening.

tkradtke and chloe_digiscrap like this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

My scale battery is dead too! I've been putting of replacing it so I don't end obsessing over what it says vs how I feel.

10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I love mine too! Thanks to it, I've been walking an extra five-six blocks after dropping my daughter off at school. I like doing challenges too. I'm doing one now with a friend that's frustrating though. She only syncs once a day at night, so I go all day feeling good about my number and then I wake up way behind.

11. rdjrneace

Well tomorrow is the last day of January and as I look back on my new eating plan I have to say that I feel good about my future. I have made better choices and also treated myself but made sure I made good choices in my treats. I have not felt deprived and I am full. I stepped up my exercise and have last 19 pounds as of today (Saturday). Still one more day to get that 20 pound mark I wanted but if not I am OK.

My goal for February is to stay on track with eating and increase my steps from 7500 to 10,000 a day(at least 5 days a week). My weight loss goal is 5 pounds for February (lower since I know the easy weight fell off in January).

Focus on the positive and tell us your good things and goals for February -- don't hang onto the negative; let it go and dwell on the positives.

MandaKay likes this.
  12. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Way to go Debbie - what an encouragement you are! I feel pretty good about my January, I hope to keep it up in Feb. For February I would like to continue to not drink pop, and also to not eat fast food. Still need to work on cutting down on my sugar intake. Also could up my water intake. Those are by continued goal - looking forward to a good February!

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

this week insane...but weather is supposed to cooperate for the upcoming week. Idid drink lots of water..and feel so good about my sleep too!

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've sort of fallen off the activity bandwagon of late - really struggling atm with no routine so end up staying in bed most days. I know it will improve once I'm back at uni on the 29th but til then I'll have to figure out something