0111 week two

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by klee73010, Jan 11, 2016.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Just thought I would start a second week thread.

I am "starting" this week.... Today, I started with a glass of water. I start running today, though I'm a bit nervous, since I haven't in about a month, so perhaps it will be exercise bike instead, or else a smaller running route than I'd planned originally. Nonetheless, today starts exercise of some kind :) I'll continue with tracking food, sleep, water and steps with my fit bit. (Add me if you want! Klee73010 at gmail.com )

So this week's goals for me include continue tracking, water, and 3 days of cardio.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm trying to keep up on my water and add more steps. My official fit bit goal is 10,000 steps a day, but I knew that I was way below that, so my unofficial goal was just 7,000 steps a day. I met it most days, so I'm upping it to 8,000 per day this week. A friend of mine added me to a challenge on fit bit, I'm going to see how that works and, next week, once I understand things better, maybe we can have a TLP fit bit challenge!

klee73010 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Week two. I'm still working on upping my water. I already shoveled snow (burns lots of calories) and did my Walk Away the Pounds routine. It's only 8am here folks. I call that a WIN!!!! Lol

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This week I'd like to get at least a couple of days with 5,000 steps, do both aqua zumba classes, drink more water and focus on better lunches/dinners rather than grazing when I'm home

klee73010 likes this.
  5. klee73010

@tkradtke @LoveItScrapIt @littlekiwi all admirable goals!

I agree with having a TLP workweek hustle fitbit challenge... maybe one/month? Third or 4th week perhaps?

I definitely say a routine and exercise before 8 am is a win! Great job!

Jennifer, I think those are great goals! I graze too. Need to be better about it. :)

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I was a lot better when either I had a routine like university to keep me going or while my mum was unemployed as she does the cooking. At the moment she is working 12pm til 8pm so I'm on my own foodwise and I'm not a cook at all

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

YES! GOOD job starting the thread! love it! I am just back from dropping kids off, and the sun is supposed to be out all week! that means walking yeah!! water is by my side!

LoveItScrapIt and klee73010 like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

I walked! it was so windy, but my hubby works at home on MOndays and he took his lunch to walk with me. It was brisk, but felt good to
    1. get out of pj's
    2. go, cause now I'm not all cold
    3. guilt free scrapping

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

https://www.fitbit.com/user/374YQJ - my fitbit profile if you want to friend me.

Week 1 was a success for me. My goals for this week are simple - increase my steps and continue with the water/eating from week 1.

I did really good with my food all week and the weekend. I just need to improve my step count. I have been walking every day but some days not as much so I need to up my steps to at least 8,500 each day shooting for 9,000.

klee73010 likes this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

week one, think i moved more, as my groin and legs don't hurt as much. Started taking my one medicine in morning then bedtime. made a positive thought ajc for think 6 days.

klee73010 likes this.
  11. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I haven't been as good at moving this week but I'm trying to focus on cutting back the snacking. So far, it's gone better than I expected...

klee73010 likes this.
  12. rdjrneace

Wells girls I have discovered a side effect of loosing weight is now my bras don't fit. Guess I will try and find one of the many I have that works until I loose some more so I am not buying bras every couple of weeks.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My goal is to get a workout in 4 times this week. Monday was good, Tuesday not so much although my eating was better.

I hope the fit it challenge is adaptable since I don't have one!

@littlekiwi those are great goals! @rdjrneace I'll admit, I laughed. Congrats on them not fitting.

14. rdjrneace

Well I found a bra I had that I had put back because it seemed to tight and now it is perfect. I am feeling so much better with my eating improved and the "junk" food out of my system. I have been walking/stepping each day but I think I have overdid it since now my leg & back is giving me fits. I decided to take a night off today so I am not doing the stepping (hope that does not mess up my weight loss).

chloe_digiscrap and klee73010 like this.
  15. chloe_digiscrap

chloe_digiscrap Well-Known Member

That's awesome Debbie!

I've been having a hard time keeping up with my goals, there's always something coming in the way (excuses? Naaaaah! LOL) but I've noticed that I'm deliberately choosing to move. For example the other day I had to go somewhere in town, so I decided to go by foot rather than by car. It took me 10 minutes rather than 5, it was raining, but I didn't let that stop me, so I consider this a win! The scale isn't moving much (yet!) but I know that will change once I take better care of what I eat!

bestcee likes this.
  16. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

I thought I would hop in!! I love this group to support each other.

I am working these things:
    - drinking 3 22oz bottles of water / day
    - working on 2 times / day (5 days /week)
    20-30min cardio/elliptical in morning; 15-30min toning video in afternoon.

So far so good!!
    Next week... incorporating food plans into it. (I'm on Isagenix cleanse this week)

17. AnneofAlamo

moving, we are moving and that is important...Digital scrapping challenges our skills to grow, well, sitting the whole time we do the challenges causes other things to grow (like my butt) bhhahha..so moving more is feeling good!

18. klee73010

I am a little bummed... my brand freaking new fitbit is not tracking the heart rate. *thumbs down* I've contacted customer support and it's a "known issue, reported to engineers "
    It is a Charge HEART RATE fitbit. Seriously? *face palm*
    So... anyway. It is tracking everything else. So obviously I'm continuing to do what I'm doing, and just hoping that it is resolved quickly.... i mean, I was clearly working out without heart rate information before, so you'd think I could just move on.... well I guess I am. Grudgingly. Lol.

But besides that hiccup, this week has been mostly easier than I expected, as far as portions and eating regularly. I'm not craving candy bars, but don't you dare take away my soda... lol. Kept up with the water. Was a bit discouraged at how hard my "easy runs" seemed to be, but have been reminding myself that I will get back to where I was, and probably quicker this time, as long as I keep it up. :)

19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I'm in my same steady, very slowly upping my game. I'm not really n a hurry - just want steady improvement. . Grand Dogs are gone back home - so I shoveled snow this morning. Sleeping was way better last night without them to worry about. I'm always on top of water because ice water is my drink of choice under all circumstances. If I don't have a glass of cold water with me - everyone starts asking whats wrong.
    My cheaper Withings is tracking all so far and encouraging me to do a bit better each day. No complaints.

klee73010 likes this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

working on drinking my water! (I have a cold so my water has been a lot of peppermint decaf tea).

not a lot of fitness. I did take a nap yesterday. But I figure, I must get myself healthy right now!!! Too much to do, to little time!!!!

klee73010 likes this.