•► DYD 2015 & 2016 - Cover / Title Page

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by MelanieB, Dec 2, 2015.

1. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Alright, alright, alright!

It's that time of year again! Time to dive into December & the Christmas season. :yippee

Laura has resurrected our DYD forum & given us the space to show off all our pretty DYD pages!!! Thank you, Laura!!! :goldstars

Each day there will be a new thread for you to post your pages in, whether you are doing DYD day by day, or one memory at a time.

This is the space to show off the cover of your album or your title page (if you are like me and are too scared to mess up the cover of your album)!

If you are looking for some DYD inspiration, we have got inspiration for you!
    • Laura has left all the DYD threads from 2013 in this forum for everyone to look through (although please don't post to them! Let's stick with the 2015 threads!)
    • We have a DYD gallery here at the Lilypad!!!
    • We also have 6 - SIX! - Christmas Pinterest boards!

Let's get scrapping!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. MelanieB

I'm doing an easy-peasy 4x4 album this year! I am doing it by memory, 25 Christmas things or memories, instead of day-by-day, plus I'll have a lot of filler pages because I love all the beautiful cards & papers our designers have created!

Here is my title page + opening spreads:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and cinna like this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Mine -- think I'll cover my album with fabric but not sure yet.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I haven't gotten to this yet. I probably won't decorate the outside of the album at all. Mainly because it scares me to death... too much physical product required for this digi girl and a little because it would probably all get knocked off or damaged when I store it after Christmas. I do have plans for a title page, I just haven't quite figured out what I want it to look like yet. I'm doing my album by events this year and I have a backlog of things after Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe when I hit a lull with those I'll get my title page done. Love the inspiration so far!

5. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Melanie, your project is going to be amazing!! I was not going to even attempt it because I have failed miserably all the other years I have tried this but..... after looking through the threads I am gonna give it a go. I'm gonna try 6x8.

6. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

Love your book & opening pages Melanie - that gold is so beautiful! Hoping to work on mine tonight!
    Carilyne- I love that gold title and retro santa clause - so, so pretty!

7. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

These all look so nice! I haven't done a cover for mine, it will be a shutterfly book so I'll create it at some point. I find the book cover to be the hardest, maybe because it's on the outside and I want it to be perfect.

8. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Love the 4x4 album Melanie!
    My cover will come later. I have to get a feel for what my album before committing to the cover.
    Great cover Carilyne!

9. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I'm loving Melanie's 4x4 album and now I am considering doing this. It sounds like fun!

10. MelanieB

:blush Thank you so much, everyone, for your kind words about my December mini-album! I am having so much fun putting it together! :) :heartlub

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm still undecided as to size, but think it will likely be 8x8 or 10x10. I'm going to order a photo book.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

here is mine for the digital, which I may print if I find the papers I want that my printer can take!!!

[​IMG]

13. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's mine :
    [​IMG]

14. Mrivas

Got my title page done:
    [​IMG]

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Here's my cover page for 2016!
    [​IMG]

kaphelps, FILIPPOK and Rikki like this.
  16. Mrivas

Ugh, I still have to finish 2015, maybe this week?!? I did a title page but not the cover and a few pages more to do.
    I do already have two Christmas stories for 2016, still working on them. My December album started Nov 26.! Super excited! :)

kaphelps likes this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

woot!
    well here is my cover...I had it done (cough cough) last year!
    [​IMG]
    and I just got the whole book back from the printer!!
    I finished 2015 and my DYD book woot! Here it is in my hot little hands! The back, I just took the cluster, made it a bit smaller and moved to the top corner! I am always so amazed at how gorgeous the Lily Pad designs are printed! 001.JPG 003.JPG

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    MrsPeel, djp332, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  18. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

@AnneofAlamo Your cover is A-May-ZING!!! I super love the textures, clusters, colors & words! Here is mine - I saved the cover for last and really just wanted to get it done so I can focus on this December's book!
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Here's my cover for this year :)

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Here's mine for this year. I should look back and see what happened with my Christmas book last year. I didn't get DYD done then. This year it's trying to catch stories and memories. Searching for Joy is for sure going to be a challenge this year.
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and bestcee like this.