Less | Pad Patter 3.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am totally stealing this from the fabulous Sara Gleason @scarletsierra :giggle If you don't follow her on Facebook or Instagram, you really should! @rchansen Robyn shared about her daily prompts a little while back in the Scrapping Pad and I am loving them. I am trying to make it a point to go to a few here and there and use them as prompts for writing more on my blog and for scrapping ideas.

The most recent one I took some time to write about was "I want less..." I chose stuff. I need less stuff! I am sure I could have gone deep with it or in a lot of other directions, but it's seriously that time of year when I want to go on a major purge in my house. Now to find the time!

But I'm curious.... how would you finish that prompt? I want less...

Sara and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I can think of a few things.

Definitely stuff. I feel like the older I get, the less I want. My neighborhood only allows garage sales twice per year, with our spring one happening in just under a month. We have SO MUCH STUFF we want to get rid of. We’ve been putting everything we are going to put in our sale out in the garage and I feel like I am finding more daily.

I also want less worry. I am a worry-er by nature. I unsuccessfully try to not worry so much... I would really like to kick worry out forever.

MrsGaramer and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

debt
    depression/anxiety
    natural disasters
    misogyny
    homophobia
    closed-mindedness
    disrespect

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I want less disturbed nights

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I too want less stuff. If all goes right, we will have a major purge this year. Our oldest is off to college in the fall and his sister is moving to his room. So those two rooms will go through major decluttering. I want to do the rest of the house as well. I'm ready to finish decorating (minimalist style) and get rid of the rest. We talk about downsizing at some point after they're both in college, so it's now or never to get things finished if we want to enjoy it all!

I also want less drama. It's honestly not that bad, but with two teens in the house, there is almost always a bit of tension.... either with us, school pressures, friends, dating, etc.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

^^^^
    This, plus less anxiety and stress (I know why and I know the solution but can’t change it myself so it comes down to managing best I can til things change/improve)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My life is comfortably full right now but as I've been saying for the last couple of years, I want Less Stuff. One of my layouts for the MOC made me realize I need White Space. I'm getting distracted by stuff I want to do, need to do, and it gets my brain tire. Too many thingsI bought when I retired because I thought I wanted to do x,y or z & now realize it ain't gonna happen in this lifetime. Get rid of what's no longer important to me because it weighs on my mind. Over 30 years ago I read an article (and then lost it in my paper clutter :duh) that said "Clutter is a narcotic." Yikes! I got it!! but inertia has led me to deal with it only in spurts.

I did get a good handle on my clothes though this fall. I didn't buy almost anything and got much happier having fewer choices to wear. Grey and black leggings and slacks and attractive flannel shirts and a couple of solid color fleece vests. All black shoes. btw, I bought some items from ThredUp and some I wore for a couple of weeks and then gave to charity or to friends as they were so inexpensive but very good brands and quality. A lot were returned so I seem to have an ongoing store credit which is fine. Another thing I liked was that the shipping box for returns fits into the box slot at the post office so I never have to wait in line.

MrsGaramer and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

"Less stuff" sounds nice, as does "less illness" cuz lately it seems like there's always SOMETHING germing up my house! And if a young child is sick, then I'm getting NOTHING done.

I've been decluttering the master bedroom, which has turned into a catchall. I've also been rearranging DS's room--a process that got just stopped in its tracks when DS got the flu. So actually, right now I'm on a break from going through the master; this morning I put up new curtains in the master bath (I bought them 2 months ago but *surprise, surprise* someone got sick and they sat in a bag on the bedroom floor, totally forgotten about until I found them again today!). Anyway, after I check the forum here I'm off to work on DS's room. The poor kid deserves a nice room and right now it's a mess and it's MY fault, not his, cuz I need to put storage back into his room so all the loose toys I put in there have a place to live! (The toys were originally in the play room, so everything has to be moved upstairs to his room.)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I want less family drama. Just when you think you might make it through a week without anxiety, it all comes back to slap you in the face again. I've about had it with an adult child who, at almost 33 is still blaming me for all her problems.

On another note, I've been using less and less "stuff" on my layouts and I'm finding out that I like them better this way. I never really did like clustering, so this new minimalist, no fluff, just a few buttons, on my layouts seems to suit me just fine.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Less stuff for sure! Less anxiety would be amazing too! Less credit card debt would help with the anxiety for sure!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i was thinking this morning that it's lovely my kids have friends but i wish they'd have less birthdays, parties and just 'come over' invites - one of them has been to someones' something somewhere every wkend except one since school went back at the end of January and it's the same pattern til the end of the march and it's a significant drain on my time and purse.
    But my general response to your (& Sara's Q) would be one of less cooking/ cleaning/ laundry/ dishes (going on wk 3 with a non-functional dishwasher and waiting on a sale...)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I want less dumb people in this world. I know I cannot control this but when did this world get so "dumb". Everything has to be written/labeled for the dumb people. When I was growing up (back in the 60's/70's) we were responsible for learning how to do things and we did not get passes because somebody did not tell us.

I also want less of "me" - maybe if I just sew my mouth shut that would fix that problem.

MrsGaramer, IntenseMagic and AJK like this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I want less me, more Him.

wvsandy, flowersgal, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

...less swearing/cursing on tv and in social media. Used to be people cared about the words they spoke. Now nearly anything goes and nothing is filtered. What happened to our society that people want to say "f" my life? Do you not know how precious life is, even on the worst of days? So, less "f", less of everything being measured by one's rear- "big-a__..."!

wvsandy, flowersgal and IntenseMagic like this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

less sickness, less pain, less clutter, less drama = less stress! Yes, less stress and everything else would fall into place... that's my story and I'm stickin to it... hehe!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Less chaos!!!! I feel like life is rushing past me and I'm struggling to hold on! I need the days to slow down.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Less noise.

7 kids. Need I say more.

Sara and IntenseMagic like this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Less crying.
    Less frustration.
    Less stuff.
    Less drama.
    Less tension.
    Less busywork.

I'm working on some of these. I think that's the goal right? To write down what we want less of, and make it happen?

AJK and IntenseMagic like this.
  19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I want less toxic people/relationships in my life.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I'm thinking less snow. I put away the cover that goes over the windshield of my car -- wrapped it back up in its storage cover and everything -- because I decided I just didn't want to deal with it anymore, only to have to scrape the windshield once and clear off snow twice this week! (I put it back on last night and it had a layer of snow on it this morning!)

I think I need some of the bad things to balance and help me to better appreciate the good things in my life -- how will I know what is better if I don't have any worse to compare it to? -- but it really is time for me to stop complaining about the snow and ice and to start complaining about the mud and rain! LOL