Considering one of Tangie's classes

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Angela Toucan, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm considering buying one of Tangie's classes. In particular I'm thinking about this one for the family. Has anyone done this class with your children?
    [​IMG]

Do you have any favourite classes I might want to check out? I'm not new to art journaling.

jagruti patel and Jems like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I am new! So I'm doing the scaredy Cats class.

@AnneofAlamo had been a long time Tangie stalker....have you taken that one Anne?

Angela Toucan likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I'll be in the AJ class starting on the 7th as well. But I have never taken a class with Tangie before.
    The AJ class with klids sounds awesome though. Sadly my boys have zero interest in stuff like that. If @Tangie Baxter had a class "The implications of Art Journaling for Minecraft recipes" then we would be on. :yup

Sokee, amandac, MrsGaramer and 4 others like this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

My girls and I did an junque journal that wasnt a class, but we had so much fun. Tangie is like an explosion of energy, and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

5. bestcee

Mine too! Can you imagine how that would go down?

bbymks5, Angela Toucan and Rikki like this.
  6. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

If for any reason you don't absolutely love the class I'll give you a coupon for the purchase price to get anything else from my shop (this goes for all my classes!).

This class is geared towards kids, but I thoroughly enjoyed making all the projects myself ;)

:heartslub

7. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Tangie's classes have changed my life. For the better. & even though I'm not a beginner, I am taking the Scardey Cats class. Because I know that, even though I've been taking classes from Tangie for years, I'll learn new things & be reminded of old things I've forgotten. And I'll have a good time. And I'll make things.

Go for it!

8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

LOL at all of the Minecraft lovers! My girls love it too!

I was thinking of this one for the girls this summer!

bestcee likes this.
  9. bestcee

You and @Angela Toucan need to set your girls up to create together virtually once they both take it! They can support each other through it!

Angela Toucan and bbymks5 like this.
  10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

That would be fun!!

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm laughing at all the Mom's of boys and minecraft lovers. Although I'm not sure that even WITH minecraft involved my boys would agree to an art class with me. Lol. Maybe the 11 year old, but even then, he'd probably lose interest in about 20 minutes.

bestcee and Angela Toucan like this.
  12. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I bought this for my grands - made them both a backpack with all the supplies needed (paper towel roll, kid watercolor & paint, micron pen, 2 empty cups and a water bottle, etc). They could watch the video(s) on their mom's pc then go outside (mom hates mess) and play to their hearts content.
    I confess to having done about 1/3 of the course ahead of time to ensure I had them well equipped. It didn't go over as well as I'd hoped. Both loved it but rarely did anything with it. Mom restricted pc time, preteen angst, busy busy basketball summer and so on. Going to repeat it this coming summer using my pc and concrete indoor floor.
    I am slowly working on finishing the class myself (I take forever to finish things with my memory).

Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  13. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I bought this to do with my oldest two boys (4 and 5). We're starting on Monday! Happy to report back after we've done a few lessons.

Then on Wednesday I'll be joining in the Scaredy Cats class. :)

14. bestcee

Yeah!!!! Me too!

honeyandcheese and jagruti patel like this.
  15. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I am doing this right now with my 4 year old son! I love it...we did three lessons in a row last sunday. he enjoyed it very much and didn't want to stop...we had to stop...dinner...you know...must eat!

we are doing more this weekend! we are just using some old scrapbooks I had from my paper scraping days!

16. jagruti patel

same here! Can't wait!

honeyandcheese likes this.
  17. jagruti patel

@Tangie Baxter TANGIE!!!!! I am loving this class! and so is Nolan my little 4 year old! Am currently also working through the photoshop one...even though I have PSE, I have learned so much so far! Thank you from a new super fan of your classes! And looking forward to Scaredy Cats!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Angela Toucan, Jems and bestcee like this.
  18. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Would love to hear what you think I thought about getting it for my 5 year old

honeyandcheese likes this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Bianca and I did one a few years ago and we both enjoyed them a lot. I was in Tangie's team and B had a blast, she was little so don't get discourage for your kids age. If they can understand instructions they can play!

Angela Toucan likes this.