Are you Prolific?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsPeel, Mar 4, 2017.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

is semi prolific a viable thing?? LOL I have scrapped 1513 pages here since 2011 (plus a few elsewhere prior to that, and of course alot of personal pages for anniversary books and weddings) so I would have to say yes. I don't print a lot like I used to .. I used to self print and put in to an 8x8 book... I now keep them on my EHD based by year and look at them like a slide show. I have no one to hand down my things to other than my nephew so what is the point of printing... I enjoy the hobby for me so that is why I do it and I love playing and learning more things with photoshop plus helping others... now that I am retired most of my spare time I spend scrapping :) I am also a 5 time MOCer and really love January with all the fun things going on with MOC!

scrappyjedi, MrsPeel and Rikki like this.
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I may not make a ton of layouts compared to many, but I've been scrapping relatively consistently since 2000 (inconsistently 1987 - 2000), digital since 2007. I average about 200 layouts a year between paper and digital.

bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  3. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Only about 50 layouts here, though. I started here January 1 for MOC. :rollin

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I counted all of my pages just for you, @MrsPeel! :beat

As far as I can tell, I've created 3171 digital layouts since February 2003.

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I have 504 pages here and that's since 2011 so no, I guess I am not prolific! It takes me a long time to make each page. I'm a slow scrapper!

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I am always in awe of your pages...... because not only you do scrap a lot, but your pages are rich, proper memory keeping which reads like a book!!!!!

well I think you are amazing, and you also do a lot of memory keeping, at least lately I have seen you journaling quiet a lot.... and I love your pages. I used to journal a lot, now things have changed for many reasons....

That is what I was saying, I havent got a job and Sarita is hardly here, so I have lots of time... with all you have on, I think your numbers are great!!!

Oh I am having o much trouble to get back to be organized... I had a great filing system but now with so much memory fail, I started having Yearly Folder for LOs and a year folder for kits.... I also used to print a lot but that stopped in 2012
    When they diagnosed me with the heart failure condition, I started truing to put my pages in folders not by the year they were scrapped, but the year the event happened, like all stories scrapped of events of 2010 would go in the 2010 folder no matter if I scrapped them in 2016 or 2011.... so if anything happens to me Sarita can make sense of history... it is a lot of work, so right now I am not really bothering much
    I think your numbers are great!! and yes, The Pad was what got me into being consistent with challenges, which I had not really committed in any other site , so I know what you are sayinG!!!!

hahahahahahah
    as I said before, I have lots of time in my hands and sometimes I'm not well enough to write/type, so I concentrate on scrapping.... this past few days though, I don't like anything I make :(

that is great Rae!!!!!
    I used to be able to count as I stored all my CT 600 x 600 in Photobucket so I had an idea of how many, when photobucket started given trouble last year, I moved to Imgur but I still havent found my way to make albums ...

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    The other directions you go to, like planning the challenges...w0w!!! I know how complicated and it is to find challenges, or adapt an idea...and yours are always amazing!!!!! needless to say I am sure everyone will agree that your gallery love is to treasure!!!!!! I LOVE love the socializing part ... I LOVE love LOVE the chat room, also love being able to come chat with you guys here....I sometimes avoid as I am on a mood or so much is happening and I end up unable to read a thread without spending at least half an hour reading and re reading.... plus then correcting spelling and typos so I end up frustrated and don't come as much as I would like.... and I love your words, each and everyone... I am in a not so good place these past few days, but keep trying :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

This is the Jenn & Jenn awesomeness thing...you both are so crazy talented in everything you do the tutorials and the way you do your admin stuff...!!!!! I know lots of people here do not see the work you girls do behind the scenes ... I am always in awe of how efficient and perfect you are at everything!!!!!! and your pages of course!!!!

ohhh I think you are prolific all right!!!!!
    and oh 5 time MOC!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    you know as we talk a lot about it that we feel the same way about the scrapping....

oh if I was doing paper Los... I wouldn't make not even a quarter of what I make on digital... I admire you guys so so much!!!!! also loved having you on MOC, now I am getting a little bit more organized will be catching up with your gallery!!!! 200 is a good avergae too!!!!

that is great! that means 31 for MOC plus almost 20 for February! I need to catch up with your gallery!!!!

:heartlub:heartlub:beat:beat:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I remember "meeting" you over at Amber's years ago, and loved you already then, I am so so happy you are here, also need to catch up with your gallery!!!!!!!!!! and that is a great number!!!!!!!

your pages are also rich, memory keeping with detail and gorgeousness so no wonder it takes time!!!!! I am always happy in the beginning of the month as I know I will find you!!!!!!

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

michelepixels, Rikki and jk703 like this.
  7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I tend to do 12-15 layouts a month (more lately since I'm trying to catch up on Project Life). That feels pretty prolific to me compared to my paper layout days, but it pales in comparison to what a lot of digi scrappers can get done!

My favorite thing to scrap is Project Life for sure, and has been for years (going back to my paper days). I love using MPM and Storyteller for my pages!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I considered doing that briefly, but then I decided that it makes sense to me to include pages about years long gone in this year's album if I made them this year. My journaling will be from this year's perspective. And I put the original date and the date I made the page. When I print my annual album. sometimes I put the pages I made about previous years at the back of the book. But in 2016 I just dumped all my pages into the album and let them arrange themselves in the order in which I created them. Which means I have chronological 2016 pages with pages from many other years interspersed throughout. It really kind of represents me, because I love reminiscing. So as I'm looking through my 2016 album and being reminded of that year, every once in a while there's a page about my daughter as a toddler or a tour we took to Montpelier 8 years ago or whatever. It's fun! :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow Cynthia! You are definitely prolific and what's amazing is that all of your layout are fabulous!

I don't post all of the pages that I make, but a good portion of them do get posted here. I have 1,066 in the gallery here... but since I've been scrapping (2006) I've made TONS more than that, probably about 3 times that many. I have definitely slowed down in my overall scrapping over the last couple of years and tend to binge scrap when I take a whole weekend to scrap and try to "catch up". Finding time in my normal daily life has been harder and harder.

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. renee82

renee82 renee82

I am also a super slow scrapper... I don't usually scrap more than 6 LO's per month. That being said, I don't really know how many pages I've created over the last 11 years! I'm sure there are 100's though...

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

that is a great average Melissa.... means that you have a more or less 4 pages a week, wich is great... and taken the amount of work that (I think I m sure it is) a PL page takes...because you need to either coordinate the photo s properly and journal or make them make sense by templates or cards combination...I think is great!!!! You know I love your pages in general....that page , the PL page I picked (I think it was 2 weeks ago?) Sarita was with me and said it looked like a trendy magazine article...and she hardly ever take notice of the pages these days....
    do you use the challenges to make PL pages? I am trying to use the challenges in function to what I have to scrap, or what I would like to scrap...

Oh that really makes a lot of sense, I am like that too, you have probably seen I love going back in time and scraping some photos of Sarita toddlers or younger, and even some photos of her dad & I that I wanted to scrap, from before she was born, those are all on paper photos so I need to take photos of them.... it does make sense...
    The reason I am keeping them now in the year scrapped, first because it was a lot of work and I was exhausted with all the other stuff going on in my life, but also because for CT purposes it would be not practical...long story , but I think you gave me a good idea...!!!!!

oh I wish I could go hugg you so much .... I have been feeling useless the past 4 or 5 days, didn't like not one page I made....I think it was because I was so stressed with the washing machine breaking down (is not even 2 weeks old) and some other stuff going on..... I wont go on about how much I am self crirtic to a painful stage LOL but I always say I am a bit of a hit & miss..... 5 pages 3 will be average, 1 will be meh and maybe 1 is a good page, I'm changing a lot as to what I like in the page, that is a lomng story for another thread...

You know your pages are always a love thing for me, I look at them from far and I love them, I come closer love them more, read your journaling....LOVE them so so much!!!!!!!! and also loved the way you deep in Art Journal and how amazing you are!!!!!! Will never forget one of the Projects we did for the blog in which you did a Halloween page on hybrid , my jaw went down and almost broke!!!!!! your painting is awesome too...all together then... superb <3

I love going to your gallery and I kn ow how many times i thought how much I wish you scrapped more.....and love that you have start6ed scrapping photos of you a lot more in the past couple of years... I do understand though that with young kids the scrapping has to be slower.... but always, always to me your pages are like reading a book, and I love it that you & Gaelle @Ga_L keep me trying with my French!!!!!

Ga_L likes this.
  12. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I think I'm a prolific scrapper. I don't how many pages I've done. as I've not my computer' I can't give the answer. I will try to count them tomorrow...

13. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I have uploaded 451 layouts in my gallery here at TLP since January 2016. I'm sure the majority of those are CT layouts. But, I also printed 3 big books last year. - my 2016 year scrapbook has 110 pages; a 2 week trip to the beach has 90 pages, and my London scrapbook also has 110 pages. I made 4 different calendars for gifts. I made 2 baby books, one an alpha book and the other is a numbers book, to give as a gift for my friend's future grandchildren. 27 and 11 pages each. I also made another gift book, a cookbook of a family favorite recipe for my son-in-law's grandmother. I took the pictures of all the grandchildren making the food, scrapped those pictures and the book was her Mother's Day gift. All the kids bought a copy, too. I make lots of recipe cards, too, for myself and my daughter.

I'm also on 2 CT's at another site, so I have a lot of layouts there. I can't figure out exactly how many.

According to my iPhoto app, I have 1,091 layouts from 2016, and only 782 from 2015. But I'm sure that those totals include my double layouts and the same layout split in half. I'm just too lazy to actually go back and recount. So far this year, I have 75 layouts done.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I started my blog shortly after I started digi scrapping. My first layout on my blog was posted 11/10/07. I usually have one layout per post except for a few administrative posts, and I have 3,421 posts, so I'm saying I have about 3,400 layouts.

2007 = 59
    2008 = 536
    2009 = 662
    2010 = 549
    2011 = 526
    2012 = 324
    2013 = 226
    2014 = 81 (my lowest year!)
    2015 = 163
    2016 = 262
    2017 = 33 (so far)

I do tend to scrap in cycles, even though I try to be regular about it.

So I'm going with I'm prolific. LOL

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I am not prolific at all. I started digi scrapping in 2013, and as far as I can tell I have 700ish layouts done - some doubles, some singles. I was actually just trying to organize them in LR so I could see what's done for some of my projects. 2013 was mostly just PL for me until July or so.

I'm always amazed by how quick some of you are! I'm okay being slower though :-)

16. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

OMG! @MrsPeel Cynthia that is an amazing number of layouts!!! Mine is barely a quarter of yours hahaha! It's just 326 at the moment (just here at TLP)

17. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

HOLY! MOLY! Gurl!!! That is alot of layouts!! I've got 360 Lilypad LOs in my gallery and that is since 2010. (Apparently, I don't scrap nearly enough! :giggle) But honestly, I'm a slow and very detailed scrapper; I'm all about perfection! :eyeroll I prefer challenges because they inspire my work, but I have never and probably never will attempt to complete MOC because I'm too slow. :-)

18. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I'm no way prolific! Lol :) I'm a slow scrapped and tend to overthink my LOs! My favorite challenges to scrap - any MOC challenge!! I feel it somehow brings the best in the scrapper me! :)

19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Well I finally had to look. Over the 8 years since I started scrapping and posting layouts, I have

1236 at my original gallery
    251 at the gallery that has many of my travel pages and
    273 here.

1760 more or less for 8 years which averages 220 a year. I'm good with that.btw, even though it says I've been here since 2012, I haven't. I just bought items now and then. I really started scrapping here Feb 1 2016 and wondered what the heck MOC was!

bestcee likes this.