My new iMac....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by MrsPeel, May 31, 2016.

1. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Yippee!!! Holler if you need help with any of your mouse/dock adjustments. One of us can help you out with how to tweak things to make you happy!! Have fun!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Pachimac I too have my Dock on the left but much larger for my eyes. Plus I have a lot of folder alias' on the desktop and usually a smaller photo in the center. I do change my background about every week or so. Often with what I call 'posters with words' that I find all over. Today it's a Rome cafe from Instagram. :)

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 8.27.48 AM.png

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

btw, that small keyboard gives you so much more desk space! e.g. for reminders when I get back from my walk! IMG_7290.jpg

MrsPeel, Pachimac and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Congrats on the new puter Cyn, I hope you learn to luv it quickly! :-)

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yes, this!! I love the fact that I can get it out of the way...and I have adjusted to it finally.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

So happy you got the new computer up and running. There is always one thing or other with new toys that takes adjusting.

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

thanks everyone!!!!! I am indeed getting used to it... I have an engineer booked to come in a few hours as I am having net issues (hence my absence all day yesterday) mainly because I still have both iMac's, the old & new one, on, as I am still scrapping in my old one.
    I'll bring you a photo in a bit for you to understand, but main thing is, my scrapping program is a Windows one, Craft Artist by Serif, which I ran on Parallels which is a program that creates a virtual Windows Machine inside the Mac.
    The new Parallels wont work in the old computer, but my main problem is that I am using the old scrapping program, there is a newer version I have ...but I don't like it... I know Vivi @Nemla also doesn't like it.... and I am not sure I will be able to move the old programs into the new computer without help from someone Windows savvy, but has to know Parallels too...so here I am trying to make the best of what I have with the two computers networked.... anyway, long story short, trying my best and things are moving forward... :)

:heartlub thanks!!!! It is a LOT more expensive than PCs here ... you can get a very very decent functioning PC here for £300, whilst I paid £1049 for my iMac.... I had added double RAM so I paid a bit more than the set price (paid another 160 pounds) so that would be more or less 5000 Reais... I can't remember, Valeria did tell me how much it cost there but cant remember how much it was... but remember being shocked that the price was a lot more than here!!!!

thanks :) It is getting easier, even though this isn't my first iMac... I switched in 2008 when I got tired of having to buy PCs because of viruses wrecking the computer and other issues, mainly that most my friends are on Mac so I didn't have much help with PCs... so I had been on the iMac for 8 years and LOVE it, I couldn't go back to Windows... which actually would make life easier for me with scrapping as I scrap on a Windows program, but I just love Mac too much for any other task so I run my program on Parallels. I'm already loving the new Mac, still have lots to adjust but getting there!!!!!

ohhh I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I had gone to the mouse settings but didn't know what secondary click meant, so I didn't click (just in case, knowing my mushed up brain has done chaos in other machines LOL)
    I went now and is working!!!!!!! LOVE love LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!!!

I have arthritis, plus a car accident in 2004 (I wasn't driving) harmed both my arms, plus crutches for 13 years, all that gives me periods in which I need physiotherapy to start moving my arm again, and is choosy, sometimes is one arm, sometimes the other :( I also had a fall in (I think?LOL) 2012 when we were in the bank, I missed a step and feel into my right hand, my luck was the bank had a very nice cousiony carpet, but that took it's toll too. I feel the weight a lot more because the one I was using was the cheapest you could buy here in 2009 when my Mac mouse somehow went.. an HP mouse made of plastic that feel weightless. The new Mac mouse is more solid, but I have been getting used to it now and love it! I just looked in the mouse setting though and saw the battery is low.. I'm not sure how to change it ...I ll have to look into it too!!!
    with the bottom of the mice I had, I did clean weekly, but I see what you mean now, I may follow you on the finger nail thing!!! :heartlub

you know Sarita mention I should use more keyboard shortcuts...my memory is really bad though, I have to ask her every time I need a screen shot LOL but now I got used to write down things in post its... I just need to get organized.
    With the Safari/Firefox thing... I used Safari for a very very long time, 6 years. Then my Mac started to get heavily full, slowed down, and I discovered that the browser was faster on Firefox then. Still, I was an enabler and couldn't find a way for Firefox to let me write code without showing the image (as to this day I don't know how to link an image once is on the screen) but now in the new one, Safari gives me less hassle to watch stuff on Netflix or Amazon, for example.... Firefox blocks Flash and other stuff like Pinterest button, but I got used to it. Now am using both , depending for what :)
    Thanks for the health wishes :heartlub

Never thought about moving it... may do that!!! Amazon Video keeps telling me it works better on Chrome, but I think downloading another browser just will take up too much space that can be left for scraping KITS!!!!!!!! LOL

I will I will!!!!! am having net problems now but they book me an engineer for today, so I ll give you a shout soon!!!:heartlub

I kept changing my screen every month until 2009 September when we came back from a trip to South America to see the family and had so many amazing photos but one in particular linked to my childhood stayed as my screen for many many years, until last year actually....now I had a photo of my parents honey moon as I had a photo of Sarita for a while after I decide to change last year, but got annoyed with her one day and changed it for my parents one LOL
    Now I have the one that came with the Mac which is some awesome rocky mountains...I may start making my own screens, I used to loooong time ago!!!!

So, all is moving forward thankfully,

Jan and enjoyyourpix like this.