a terrible and wonderful privilege

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Mar 17, 2016.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Oh, Laura, what a wonderful story. I am so happy that you had that time with her. Her nickname for you is delightful and makes me smile. You must be so worried about your Grandpa and Mom. My heart goes out to you and your family. You've been in my thoughts constantly since the news. Big hug.

2. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

How amazing that she was waiting for you and that you got to be with her. That is so wonderful, yet hard at the same time. It is also wonderful that she and your grandpa had such an amazing long life together. What a gift. Hugs to you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

:wubb

3. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

So sorry for your loss Laura. How amazing that you were able to be with her at the end though.

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hugs to you and prayers for your family. I bet she was waiting for you to get there. And I'm so glad that you were there with her at the end.

5. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

May the Lord hold all of you in the hollow of His hand and give you peace and comfort. Hugs to all of you.

6. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

I am so sorry for your loss, Laura. Especially for your grandpa. What a hard time for him. I pray that you will all have peace at this time.

7. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

I am so sorry for your loss but I am glad you were able to be there with her. I will be praying for you and your family. :heartlub:heartlub

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

So sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

9. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Laura. I know the loss of such a special grandma to you is ginormous and the hole left missing in your family by her passing is incomprehensible, but I believe that your comfort to her at that moment is the most beautiful and perfect gift you could give anyone. Hugs and prayers to you and your family - lifting you all and finding healing and strength.

10. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

How wonderful that you were able to be there with her and she was not alone. I am so sorry for your loss...I know it is not easy. Prayers to your family in this very difficult time.

11. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Big hugs

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

My dear sweet friend, you are covered with prayers and have been. I'm so very saddened for your heart, for your loss, but know without great certainty that you will see her on the other side, and she will definitely tell you then how much she loved you being there for her in her final minutes. Sending loads of ((HUGS)).

13. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

So sorry for your loss, Laura. Sending prayers and lots of hugs and love to you and your family.

14. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

i'm so happy you made it to her beside in time to say goodbye. living so far from my mom I always worried about getting home in time and sad to say I pretty much have the same story as you, my mom called me to say "come home" my daughter and I arrived early Friday morning, by that evening my mom was in heaven. I will be praying for you and your family through this difficult time. and remember to take care of you.

15. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

Laura I am praying for you and your family. For comfort during this hard time and the ability to remember the wonderful memories.

16. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Laura, but glad you had that last bit of time with her, and that she was with some she loved and who loved her, at that end. Hugs & healing thoughts to you & your family.

17. LynnG

LynnG Designer

How special it was that you were there with her. I am sure that literally meant the world to her right then. Your poor Grandpa though, and your mother. It is so hard to see the people we love in pain like that. Hugs to you xx

18. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

What a powerful story. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman. I am definitely praying for you and your family.

19. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

What a great privilege to be with her, Laura. I'm so thankful that God allowed you that precious memory with her. We will be praying for you and your family as you move forward after her loss. Big hugs, friend.

20. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Oh, Laura, I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that your presence there has been and will continue to be a gift to your family. I will be praying for you and your family as you grieve the loss of your grandmother.