Anyone want to come to my house?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Feb 16, 2016.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

if youy do get her...could you ask her to send the cleaning & cookling fairy for the next 3 weeks here? Sarita is having her operation on the 24th and I still haven't found help..... :giggle

here is a cutey fairy for you, not sure it will paint...but is sending you all my love!!!!
    [​IMG]

and I wish I was nearer.... at least couyld make you tea or coffee and we could have a laugh...hope things get sorted soon Hugggzzz!!!!!!!

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm a master mover! I'd be happy to help. I don't like the cleaning part, but the packing and unpacking I find fun in a way. Yep, I'm strange.

Frumpje and RebeccaH like this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We moved twice last year. Once when we sold our house and had to move into a rental and then again when our new house was done. I'm pretty much over moving....not sure I want to come help you. ;)

4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

@MrsPeel THANK YOU for the fairy!! I'll let you know if she paints! :)

@bestcee I am happy to say that the company at least pays for movers - they take a full inventory, pack and label everything, load it, ship it, unload it, and I don't have to do any of it. They will actually even unpack everything if we wanted, but they will only lay it on flat surfaces... so that means I would have to be madly putting away everything as they unpacked it, which sounds no fun in my book. So I just have them leave it all in boxes in the appropriate rooms.

@Scrapping with Liz I don't blame you at all for not wanting to help! I don't even want to help! :giggle I've done the 2-moves-in-a-year thing. Not cool.

bestcee, Frumpje and MrsPeel like this.
  5. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

We are gearing up for our 12th move, and 7th state in 18 years soon. We are being transferred to Colorado as soon as hubby's company is done needing him in Canada. The only solice I have is that the company pays for packers and movers, so I barely have to do anything. This move is probably going to be the suckiest out of all of them though. My kids are teenagers, one in junior high, the other in high school. Washington is the first place we've lived where they loved their schools. They are not happy about this move, or leaving their friends at all. It was definitely easier doing this when they were younger. We aren't even military.....hubby is a Civil engineer for a huge construction company that does giant jobs like bridges, highways, etc.

Anyway, my point is, I feel your pain. We rent and live in a military town. The house has to be "military clean" upon move out. Ugh.

RebeccaH likes this.
  6. RebeccaH

@StarryEyedDesigns Amy Lee, we are in the EXACT same boat w/ the kids! They are in High School and Middle School, and are not at all happy about having to leave really good friends. We've been here for 5 years, which is just long enough to really feel rooted and comfortable. And then boom - drop the hammer.

This will be our 5th move in 11 years. At least we are moving back to a place we've already been, so it's familiar. The kids were pretty young when we lived there, though, so they don't really remember the people any. It will be pretty much like starting over 100% for them. At least we will know our way around town. Gotta find the silver lining somewhere!

Tree City likes this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't like moving... I do like the unpacking, and organizing... so I'm your girl there! lol! I'd totally come and help! We moved about 3 years ago (doesn't seem that long) from out townhouse to a house. The townhouse was WAY bigger than the house, but we really needed/wanted our school district. That was the biggest hurdle for me - going smaller... plus closets.

I had friends come and help with the packing, and my MIL! She basically saved us so much time and effort. Have a Soda/Beer and Pizza Packing party!

There's always a silver lining. Knowing the area will help! I hope it all goes super smoothly, and it all works out!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. RebeccaH

Thankfully, we don't have to pack any of it. The company pays for movers. But we DO have to UNpack it all! I could have an unpacking party!! :) Sounds like fun!

9. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

@RebeccaH my silver lining for this move is one of my oldest, closest friends lives in CO Springs, where we are moving to. My kids are the same ages as her 2 oldest, and they've all known each other since they were babies. We were pregnant together with my youngest and her 2nd. Our hope is to move either in to their neighborhood, or as close as possible and have the kids in the same schools. We haven't seen them since 2009 though...lol

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep. High school moving sucks. I went to 3 different high schools in 2 states and a province. But the bright side is no one knows that dumb thing you did as a freshman /sophomore. :agree

lorryfach and RebeccaH like this.
  11. RebeccaH

Ha!! Very true Courtney! I guess it's nice to get a clean slate. :)

12. RebeccaH

Oh!! That is SO awesome! I love that you are moving close to dear friends! That always makes it a little easier to swallow. For us, we are moving quite a bit closer to family, so it won't be a huge ordeal to try to get home for get-togethers and Christmas and whatnot. Also, I do have a few friends still in the area as well, and I am looking forward to getting back together with them. I bet you'll have a great time getting reacquainted with your good friend once you are physically closer together!! I'm so happy for you!

bestcee likes this.
  13. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Good luck with everything @RebeccaH ! Moving isn't fun at all! I would totally get your mom to do the cleaning and cooking! That's the biggest help of all!! :)

RebeccaH likes this.