Best way to keep track...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by DeniseB817, Feb 1, 2016.

1. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I do this in PSE11 in conjunction with dragging files up onto the layout from the photobin which keeps the file name. I just skim through the layers and add into the file info. I had no clue about the right click on properties though - thanks for the tip!

2. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I just open everything I use on a page in a separate window on the computer in its own tabs and keep it there til I upload lol nothing fancy...lol

3. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

All my layers retain their name but when I finish my layout, I put the credits into a spreadsheet. I have a tab for each year so I know what year I scrapped the page. Then I can just copy and paste into the credits as I upload. It's also really useful if I want to go back and search for specific supplies I used. Low tech but useful.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

wished i knew excell better, i have got some kits in and the html link to store, just don't know how to write formula
    to have a field combined of kit, link in its url code for credits and by designer following

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Good old notebook and pencil here! But it was interesting reading these posts and may try out other ways.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  6. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I don't typically keep track long term, but I do find it helpful for CT work, since I do those ahead of time. For my guest polly spot in December, it was beneficial, especially when I used the same kit for several pages.

My usual CT work has a word document, saved in Dropbox (which I think I'll be moving to Evernote ). Each layout has a section with about 4 lines... 1)Layout title, 2)name of kit and designer, 3) url, and lastly is the actual code [ url= ] xxxxx [ ] by babbitt blah.
    I found this most helpful for my upload workflow. I upload to several places that allow linking, as well as several that don't. Some places like the url only, some places like the url code. So, it works for me.
    I am typically a kit scrapper. My PSE 12 will keep file names only if I drag up from the photo bin... i have been branching out at TLP at least for non-kit scrapping, so I almost always have a pen and paper nearby in case I'm working on something that has more than one or two different kits. I also almost always create, then upload (besides CT work). So I can do it right away to remember.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I have the same of Anna, and sometimes it didn't work. I wrote to her and she replied really quickly explained my error (Basically there was a text layer without any text, and as the action cannot figured out the "font" it gave me an error)
    It's really easy and it's a saving-time-treasure :)

lorryfach and DeniseB817 like this.
  8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

another day, playing with excel. Not getting any where. Mabe a database be better , i don't know

9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thanks to Lorry turning me on to it, I now use Anna Forests scripts also. I could not run it from actions or Elements XXX but a little known trick in PSE is that you can drag almost any script into your work area and it will run. The only script I seem to have a problem with is separating shadows onto their own layer..... Anna Forest has really saved me time tracking down credits.
    I think I will have a look at the free one above too.

lorryfach likes this.
  10. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Try just dragging the scripts in order into your workspace and they may run. You didn't say what program you are using, but this works with PSE.

DeniseB817 likes this.
  11. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

Thanks, @Lindzee PSE 13 is what I use. I'll try that.

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I didn't have a problem with the separating shadows scripts, but the tracking one isn't working. I'll have to try the drag thing. I used to do that with the speedscraps scripts until I figured them out.

13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I use Artisan, but I've always add the previews for anything used on the page at the back of the page. That way I can reference it whenever I want. It's always worked for me, and I prefer a visual reference rather than a link.