TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Oct 30, 2015.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Halloween weekend! What are your plans?

Tonight, we're going for pizza with another family and then heading to their house to carve pumpkins. Then, of course, we'll be watching the Royals in Game 3 of the World Series. Saturday afternoon we're going to a neighbor's for potluck before trick or treat. Our neighborhood has shifted the times so that everyone can be back before Game 4 starts. Pretty funny. On Sunday, we have church and then in the afternoon I am taking family photos for one of my best friends. It's going to be a lovely weekend! I hope yours is spooktacular. :)

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

give me strength...

Immediately after school we're having Clara's birthday party here at the house... 15 8th grade girls. We invited all of the girls in the grade and they're all coming. I should be setting everything up right now (we're doing a photo booth for the entertainment), but I'm here in the forums instead. :whistle

3. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Oh mama. Be strong. LOL

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

We are on day 2 of a 4 day weekend, and I am taking everybody to do my monthly big huge grocery shopping!
    insert mom in straight jacket
    my oldest son and his wife are taking all the kids trick or treating tomorrow night, so my honey and I, are going on a date! wootie woo
    church all day Sunday and then woo hoo
    school MONDAY!

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

We will be doing pumpkins tonight, tomorrow doing "Goofy Ghost Walk", and trick or treating. Sunday will probably be a re-coop day.... husband will be working on his motorcycle with his dad (keeping him busy during what would have been 30 something-th anniversary), so I'll be supervising the toddlers after copious amounts of candy and weekend excitement.

6. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

No real plans yet, but to me, that's often the best kind of weekend....just do what I want, when I want.

7. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Not much tonight.
    We have soccer Saturday morning and then in the evening a little pot-luck pre trick-or-treating with friends at our house.
    Church on Sunday and hopefully absolutely nothing in the afternoon. I think this is the first weekend this entire school year that none has a project to work on! Hallelujah!

8. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Groceries in the morning, then oldest son helping us clean up/put away for winter. Set out pumpkins and a few other decorations for the Halloweeners. - Trick or Treat.

Sunday, relaxation - I hope.

Monday - back to work.

9. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

My dad is visiting from France all weekend and tomorrow night we have all the kids plus their partners round for a Chinese takeaway dinner. Will probably be answering the door to lots of neighborhood trick or treaters too. Sunday is geocaching day. Weather forecast looks good which is always a bonus :)

10. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I plan to scrap some here and there. Saturday hoping to catch my grandson's last soccer game and answering the door for the kiddos. Last year I only had one set. Sunday will be church. Pretty low key all the way around.

Oh, I LOVE retirement. If I was still teaching, Friday night would have been filled til 8 pm with lesson plans, etc. Probably some last minute wrap up on Sunday evening.

11. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

:giggle

12. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Today: At church this morning, setting up for a women's conference. Then at work for about 4 hours. Now, heading out of town for my son's football game.

Saturday: Women's Conference at church in the morning, then watching the FL/GA game with friends (GA fans, no less... EEP). Then trick or treating with the kids.

Sunday: Church, then battling the sugar highs and lows the rest of the day :giggle

13. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Today: Scrap scrap scrap then work on Halloween costume with oldest son using the $14 leather jacket I scored at Goodwill yesterday. (oh another good thing for the week) Need a nap sometime this afternoon due to pets who thought the day should begin at 5 and I should stay awake.

Tomorrow: It's cold and rainy so probably scrap scrap scrap -- AJ has been working well for me. Begin Gratitude or November scrapbook in 6x8 hybrid pocket (wish me luck printing has become a long process)

Sunday: More of Saturday, possibly try a new church Sunday night

14. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

We had Kennedy's school dance (since he is a kinder, it was his first dance... awwwww) last night. Tonight I'm working on my costume (trying), and we will probably do pumpkins. Tomorrow we are doing the trick or treat route in the neighboring junior high (yay for inside). Sunday is the Dia de los Muertos festival at the Tacoma Art Museum. We are going to that and then having to disassemble our ofrenda to take home. Seahawks play Sunday afternoon, and National Novel Writing Month kicks off, so I might go to a local "write-in" if I can get my family to cooperate.

I'm looking forward to some relaxation Monday because the past two weeks have been INSANE.

15. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

today ... getting ready for football game
    tomorrow ... cleaning house and hanging out
    sunday ... cleaning house and hanging out

pretty exciting stuff, huh?

16. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Andrew and Andrea just got in this evening from a week in San Antonio, so I'm not soloing anymore, yay! Tate has a championship game in the morning at 11, but if it's raining this Grandma is going to wimp out. They play in the rain, but I don't make a happy spectator in the rain. We haven't carved our pumpkins yet either. I ran into Price Chopper for a few staples this evening while Chase was at Taekwondo and they didn't have any carving sets left if you can imagine? This will be our first year not trick or treating with the kids. Chase is going to a party at his cousin's and Tate wants to go alone with his friends. Enjoy them while they're young folks, it's over before you know it!

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The Rescue Squad here in town hosted a haunted house last night and my oldest, who works for them, had his own room set up. He had asked my youngest to be a part of it along with my granddaughter, soooo I got to go and be in it for awhile and then hang out in case the kids needed me. It was a longggg day...out the door at 7am and home again a midnight.
    Today is clean up the house before trick or treating and hopefully a little down time.
    Tomorrow we go to my mom's for something she has planned for my birthday, which is actually Tuesday.

18. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Because of weather, Rory's final soccer game and our trunk or treat was cancelled, but I am SO okay with that! It's been a crazy couple of months and having a free Saturday is awesome!

Friday night we went to the park and then did some miscellaneous shopping. Saturday is all clear except for handing out candy with family Saturday night. Sunday is church, then another free night.

19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Another huge weekend was had at my place BUT the best part of it was going along to watch the 40th Anniversary of the Rocky Horror Picture show at a little hip cinema in the trendy part of town (completely out of my comfort zone haha). We had a great time dressing up and singing along with all the songs and dancing at some parts (hilarious!). I have to share one of my favourite photos of the hubster and I in our party gear for your amusement.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  20. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

That looks like so much fun Amanda!!! Such cool costumes!