Moving a little slower these days

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mrs2a50, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

So ... apparently I need to relinquish my knives and leave all the cutting and slicing responsibilities to someone else. While making dinner Sunday I was cutting into an avocado and I sliced up my left ring finger in a bad way. This one was a bleeder - they could not get this thing to stop bleeding in the ER, went through 7 or 8 of those absorbent pads they line the metal surgical tray with, and at one point my finger was spraying blood across the room. And ... they had to cut my wedding ring off :thumbsdowns All this is to say I'm doing everything one-handed and significantly slower than I'm used to. Challenge tallies will be done, I promise, and I'm hoping to work them this weekend, but I may be a little behind with those. Please be patient!

2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

OUCH! that sounds scary and painful. Take care of yourself.

3. scrapolina

scrapolina Next stop: Crete

Dont worry about taking care of anything other than yourself right now! That sounds like it was such a frightening experience! Hope you heal up quickly and as good as new!

4. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I hope it heals quickly for you so you can get back to enjoying your summer!

5. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

OUCH!!! I hope you are doing better now. I agree with Francine; don't worry about anything but healing. Your experience reminds me of the time I chopped my foot with an axe (everyone knows you should chop wood for the fireplace wearing only socks *wink wink*)

6. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

oh my gosh Julie!! So sorry about your wedding ring having to be cut off :( but glad to hear that you are on your way to healing. As the others said, challenge tallies can wait, you get better!!

7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Ohboy... ouch! I'm so sorry! It's so hard to only have use of one hand, and super frustrating. I'm happy to hear they got the bleeding to stop, and your finger is headed for recovery! I'd be so sad if they had to cut my ring off... hoping it can be fixed. Hugs!

8. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Yikes! So sorry to hear that, Julie. Hope it heals up well and you are back to normal soon!

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG Julie! I hope you get better soon really fast. Let me know if you need help, send me a PM.

10. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Oh no Julie! I hope your finger heals quickly. Let me know if you need any help!

11. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

OUCH!!! Hope you get mobility back quickly. Using a keyboard with two hands is like second nature, and it sure slows things down when you get hampered in some way.

12. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

wow, I would have been freakin out!!! Hope you have a speedy recovery and your hand is 100%. Don't worry about us, priority is taking care of yourself.

13. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Goodness gracious, please be careful and take care. I'm sure the pollys will help with whatever you need. :therethere

14. sucali

sucali sucali

Oh Julie...that sounds very painful. I hope your finger heals quickly...

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh my word Julie....... if you need help, you and Laura know I would be more than happy to do so.... you already do so much for us....I'm sorry to hear!!!! is it painful?
    Hope all heals soon!!!!!

16. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

oh my goodness Julie!! I hope you heal quickly! That is super painful!!

17. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thanks guys. I have surprisingly little pain from the actual stitches, but there's a lot of bruising that's preventing me from bending that finger at all. I also get lightening bolts of electrical pain at random times for no reason. But, I'm grateful for that, since the entire tip of my finger was completely numb by the time we got to the ER so they were concerned I may have hit a nerve. So, while pain is never fun, in my case it's actually a good thing. I have NO grip in that hand at all, which is the biggest in convenience, and I don't like not being able to do basic tasks. So this is a lesson in taking help when I need it :)

18. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh dear! That sounds dreadful. Prayers for a quick and full recovery. Fingers are good to keep around if possible!

19. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

That sounds awful, Julie! No one will blame you if you aren't up to doing your usual tasks, just take care of you and stay away from the knives!

20. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

How scary. I feel so awful for you. Wow. I hope you heal soon... and take all of the help you can get. :)