Pad Patter: 2/12 Valentine Boxes?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 12, 2015.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh as a kid, :heartslub I loved Valentine Day Parties!! My dad was always the one helping me paint an oatmeal box (the tube cardboard one from Quaker).
    We would make different designs...one year it was decorated like an Indian tom tom.
    This year, two of my boys had to do Valentine boxes. FuN!!:wooot
    One is rainforest theme, with grrrrrrrrrrrrrrowling at you Valentines
    and
    the other is a monster and his mouth is where the cards go!
    We had so much fun, glueing and painting together and even used glitter!!! :giggle with boys!! blood and such!:heartlub
    Did you as a kid make your own boxes or have you this year yet with your kids?

2. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

We always made boxes as kids. Last year, both my kiddos had to make them at home and we had lots of fun, but this year, they both made them at school. I tried to talk them into making handmade cards for their classmates this year, but they both wanted store bought Ninja Turtles cards.

3. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I had completely forgotten about those! We made them. And unfortunately with me and my sister only one grade level apart, we had a lot of oatmeal to eat beforehand!

:heartslub

4. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

I had forgotten all about them too!! I remember using Kleenex boxes instead of oatmeal boxes, but I remember going around the classroom dropping those special Valentine's in each others decorated boxes - what fun!!!!

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh tissue boxes! That is brilliant! I used a coffee can on one and a Slim JIm bulk box for the other!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

my kids used shoeboxes ... and they always decorated in school with their classes. but i have fond memories of making the actual valentine's at home with them! :beat

will we get to see pics of these creative valentine box/tubes, anne???

7. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Yes, we always made shoe boxes, and my kids have had to make them every year but this one. this year they were supposed to make bags in class. Neither of them had done so yet, so my DS took in his box from last year, which was still in okay-ish shape and my DD took in a paper bag "just in case."

8. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

As a kid my classes decorated shoe boxes but in my classroom, we didn't have the space or available surface for boxes so I made giant pockets that could hang from the students desk and the students decorated those.

9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My son was sick last week, so he just got all his Valentines today. Sure enough, he had made a mailbox out of half an orange juice carton. The parents weren't asked for these. I can just see his teacher telling her husband to save all the cartons. She enlists him a lot for school stuff. So cute.

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

you know...I don't think Valentines was celebrated as it is these days in South America of the 60's & 70s....
    first time I remember celebrating was well into my 20s...and we never had anything like that, sounds cool :)